The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 15:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – April 16, 8:00AM EDT (12:00 UTC) - 6:00PM EDT (22:00 UTC)

Logitech G13 keypad and G600 mouse questions

Windshadow_ESO
Windshadow_ESO
✭✭✭
neither of them have the upgradable chipset.

i am trying to do something that should be dead simple a single key that gives me sprint running. i steer with the mouse so i thought all i should need to do is set a key to give me shift w for a W checked in text edit that it was doing what i asked and then in the game it seems to want to dart off at a left 45• angle to straight ahead...

am i missing something dead simple on how this should work? i just got these two gadgets as a gift from a friend who is quitting gaming but i have the current
version software for them 8.53.130 and i managed to figure out that the reason the number pad on the side of the mouse was not working was because it was sending as if they were from the numeric keypad on a full sized keyboard (NUM)1 (NUM)2 etc. so i am not totally clueless.

i have bad arthritis in my hands which using these gadgets seems to help and since holding w and shift with my left hand and trying to use my left thumb on the space bar on a normal keyboard is all but impossible for me i am trying to find another wat to sprint and jump
  • Syntse
    Syntse
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Not totally sure that I understand the issue. But basically you would like to sprint without having to press 2 buttons for it. If I recall right there was auto sprint mapped to num lock or scroll lock key as default. Map that and you don't even need to use w just point your mouse where you want to go.
    Syntse Dominion Khajiit Dragonknight Stamina Tank [50]
    Ra'Syntse Dominion Khajiit Nightblade Magica DPS [50]
    Syntselle Dominion Dark Elf Dragonknight Magica DPS [50]
    Syntseus Dominion Imperial Templar Healer [50]
    Syntsetar Dominion High Elf Sorcerer Magica DPS [50]
    Friar Tuktuk Daggerfall Brenton Templar Healer [50]
    Syntseyn Ebonheart Brenton Nightblade Magica DPS [50]
  • Windshadow_ESO
    Windshadow_ESO
    ✭✭✭
    thanks
    i will look for that and give it a try
  • Syntse
    Syntse
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Last night when played I tested what it was but unfortunately it's only auto jogging that is in the num lock key. So actually doesn't solve your issue. You would still need to make macro to enable num lock and then hold shift. But at least it releases from having to press w all the time.
    Syntse Dominion Khajiit Dragonknight Stamina Tank [50]
    Ra'Syntse Dominion Khajiit Nightblade Magica DPS [50]
    Syntselle Dominion Dark Elf Dragonknight Magica DPS [50]
    Syntseus Dominion Imperial Templar Healer [50]
    Syntsetar Dominion High Elf Sorcerer Magica DPS [50]
    Friar Tuktuk Daggerfall Brenton Templar Healer [50]
    Syntseyn Ebonheart Brenton Nightblade Magica DPS [50]
  • Windshadow_ESO
    Windshadow_ESO
    ✭✭✭
    and i checked with both the G13 and the G600 (both the first version sort with non upgradable roms) just using shift w as a key combo key macro just acts as if it is aw being pressed not shift w hence the left 45 degree jog you get
    I have no idea why this is so