Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Crashing - Pure Virtual Function Call

ksaggies04ub17_ESO2
I'm getting frequent crashing and receiving an error that states "Pure Virtual Function Call". I'm playing a low level dragon knight. The crash always seems to occur when I'm interrupting an NPC cast. I'm a Nord, full heavy armor, sword and board.

I'm fully patched, drivers up-to-date. Repaired client. No other applications are having issues. I usually have Steam running in the background as well as Pinnacle Game Profiler. Nothing else running in background. Running as non-admin. No add-ons. Crashing is new.
Edited by ksaggies04ub17_ESO2 on November 11, 2014 4:16AM
We have contacted our Customer support team to help you solve your issue.
  • ZOS_GaryA
    ZOS_GaryA
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hey there @ksaggies04ub17_ESO2,

For the sake of getting as clean of a test as possible, can you please disable Pinnacle Game Profiler and let us know if the error persists?
    The Elder Scrolls Online: Tamriel Unlimited - ZeniMax Online Studios
    Facebook | Twitter | Google+ | Tumblr | Pinterest | YouTube | ESO Knowledge Base
    Staff Post
  • ksaggies04ub17_ESO2
    I tried disabling both Steam and Pinnacle and I get the same crash. Same error - always in combat - same character. I also tried increasing my Scotch consumption while I play - that also has made no difference.
  • ksaggies04ub17_ESO2
    I did find someone who is also encountering this crash:

https://social.msdn.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/a2cf5895-35e3-4de4-b978-b2b84890daf3/0x40000015-with-msvcr100dll?forum=Offtopic

I'm also using Windows 8.1 64-bit, have a high-end NVidia card (780 GTX SLI), large memory (32 gigs), and am using an SSD. He has a 980 GTX, 16 gigs. I have an intel processor compared to his AMD - so there are some differences.

He seems to also have encountered this recently (November). I've updated my video drivers and he'd be running November drivers too since his card just came out.

Any help is mucho appreciated.

My GF keeps telling me that increasing my Scotch consumption won't help with the crashes, but I think it requires more testing.
  • ZOS_GaryA
    ZOS_GaryA
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hey there @ksaggies04ub17_ESO2,

As always, we encourage you to troubleshoot responsibly. Know your limits, and ensure there is a designated typist nearby ;).

That said, we've created a ticket for you with our customer support department. They will be able to gather and analyze the information necessary to determining the issue, and will reach out to you via email shortly. Thank you very much for your patience!
    The Elder Scrolls Online: Tamriel Unlimited - ZeniMax Online Studios
    Facebook | Twitter | Google+ | Tumblr | Pinterest | YouTube | ESO Knowledge Base
    Staff Post
  • C3N50R3D
    C3N50R3D
    ✭✭✭
    Try uninstalling windows update KB2978121 and report back.
  • ksaggies04ub17_ESO2
    I ended up reinstalling VC++ redistributables 2013,2010, and 2008. I don't think this game uses the 2013 but reinstalled it anyways. Since I've done that, I haven't had any more crashes.
  • Rebeccas04nub18_ESO
    Perfect!! Thanks for this. I wish I had known sooner. I thought it was the game.
    Wicked Felina/ Khajiit NB DC
  • Nhilandra77
    Nhilandra77
    ✭✭
    I also am experiencing theis crash, a dragonknight build. il try reinstalling v++ again
  • Nhilandra77
    Nhilandra77
    ✭✭
    tried everything support suggested, from reinstall driver to reinstall the game. nothing worked for me. my dk tank still crashes in combat. extremely frustrating as I always end up dead due to the crash. just waiting for support to eventually get back to me again
  • Broonsbane
    Broonsbane
    Soul Shriven
    I am having the same exact issue. My V14 DK tank is now unplayable. It happens when I pull and hit both mouse buttons to bash the mob. It then immediately throws the runtime error and crashes...I have to alt-tab out and close the game. My character is now broken, and this has only happened since 1.5...same rig and no issues before then.

My computer is a gaming machine with plenty of resources to play this game on high settings. Please acknowledge that this is a wider issue and that you are working on it.

I have only one character that I've invested a lot of time in, my DK tank, and now he's unplayable -- I'm beyond frustrated and would like this resolved asap.
    Edited by Broonsbane on December 27, 2014 10:14AM
  • Darthryan
    Darthryan
    ✭✭✭
    So zos finally nerfed dks!

Sorry bout that joke. I'm leveling mine now and hooe he diesnt encounter this. I love how op he is. Leveled a.nb with way too many deaths and close calls to my dk where I usually don't get down to half health.
  • zulusfs
    zulusfs
    Soul Shriven
    I'm experiencing the same issue. Attempted to download the updates, still crashing
  • Twyst
    Twyst
    ✭✭✭
    Same issue here on my DK tank, Windows 8.1, GTX 770, i5 32 gigs. Works fine on my low spec Win7 i7 ATI6700 machine. Mainly happens in a delve or dungeon and normally at least once, most commonly in a boss fight which blows when you're the tank.
  • Twyst
    Twyst
    ✭✭✭
    Twyst wrote: »
    Same issue here on my DK tank, Windows 8.1, GTX 770, i5 32 gigs. Works fine on my low spec Win7 i7 ATI6700 machine. Mainly happens in a delve or dungeon and normally at least once, most commonly in a boss fight which blows when you're the tank.

I solved this problem by turning shadows from Ultra to High.
  • Twyst
    Twyst
    ✭✭✭

I solved this problem by turning shadows from Ultra to High.

Sadly this problem reared it's ugly head again, making the above fix invalid :(
  • Sacadon
    Sacadon
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    FYI on this thread too: http://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/142498/client-crash-runtime-error-r6025-pure-virtual-function-call-c-library-dialog#latest

I didn't see this one when I created mine in December.

ZOS has done nothing of value as far as I can tell on this. But I sincerely hope I'm wrong.