Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – March 26, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• [COMPLETE] PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – March 26, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

invalid client 09 nov 2014

billaien
billaien
Soul Shriven
good morning everyone.
as i was trying to launch the game today, i got a small update at the launcher, about 40mb.
however, when finished patching, i cant login to the game due to a "invalid client" message, and it kicks me back out...
i was playing the day before and it was perfectly fine, until that small patch.
also, ingame version says "1.5.3.1080586 2014/11/07" so that sorta confuses me :/
  • caspar33
    caspar33
    Same here
  • Cutholen
    Cutholen
    ✭✭✭
    Same here...

eso2014-11-0909-51-081ss30.png
    "He who controls the past controls the future. He who controls the present controls the past.” - Geoge Orwell, 1984

Tank / RP-DD

[Beyond Infinity
    vAA HM - vHR HM - vMol HM - vHof HM - vAS+2 - vCR+3 - vSS HM
  • khele23eb17_ESO
    khele23eb17_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Same here.
    P2P offered you 'hell yeah!' moments. F2P offers you 'thank god its over' moments.
  • Mordhar
    Mordhar
    ✭✭
    I tried manually repair game client. Now it gives an error “manifest error 209” in launcher.

Some time ago, I read about manual fix involving removal of certain files from installation folder. Can someone tell me which files need to be removed?

Edited by Mordhar on November 9, 2014 9:45AM
    209.jpg 282.9K
  • spyrosp3eb17_ESO
    spyrosp3eb17_ESO
    Soul Shriven
    same problem....
  • xherics
    xherics
    ✭✭✭
    same here...
    Guild: HODOR - EU - Ebonheart Pact
    Char: Leliana fxn (Sorc) and Nuria fxn (DK)
    World first Sanctum Ophidia Time trial achievement unlock with my Sorcerer (v1.5.7)
    World second Sanctum Ophidia Hard Mode achievement unlock with my Sorcerer (v1.5.8)
    Pre-nerf Dragonstar Arena Hard Mode Conqueror with my Sorcerer

"Sorcerer is for me a definition of the highest level of magician, what does not mean pets, but pure magic, pure spells.
    Pure magic from the heart, through the blood, to the last hairbreadth...
    Sorcerer means the highest magic killer with pure magic, not the weakest grandmamma's pet farm."

11.02.2015 - Magicka Sorcerer RIP - What? Sorcerer and not using spells/magicka?
    19.02.2015 - Sorcerers, we have a new hope!
  • Cookiestealer
    Cookiestealer
    ✭✭✭
    One more winner!
  • Jitterbug
    Jitterbug
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I have the same
  • ZOS_GaryA
    ZOS_GaryA
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hey there folks!

We have pushed a fix to the EU server to resolve the issues with Error 209. To receive the fix, please close ESO as well as the launcher. On opening the launcher again, you will receive a small patch. To confirm that the issue has been resolved, launch ESO and ensure your version number is 1.5.2 in the bottom left corner.

We apologize for the inconvenience and thank you for your patience!
    The Elder Scrolls Online: Tamriel Unlimited - ZeniMax Online Studios
    Facebook | Twitter | Google+ | Tumblr | Pinterest | YouTube | ESO Knowledge Base
    Staff Post
  • Tabels1987b14_ESO
    Tabels1987b14_ESO
    Soul Shriven
    Ok so i DL the patch 1.5.3 to 100%. When it gos into the "Applying patch" stage it stops and says "One or more files are in use by another Process,Please close programs that may be using the files (such as the game)...Anyone help with this?
  • ZOS_GaryA
    ZOS_GaryA
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hey there @Tabels1987b14_ESO,

At the risk of sounding super generic, please give a try to restarting your computer and let us know if the issues persist.
    Facebook | Twitter | Google+ | Tumblr | Pinterest | YouTube | ESO Knowledge Base
    Staff Post
  • owly
    owly
    Soul Shriven
    This happened to me as well. Since I couldn't fix it and I was getting low on space on my SSd HDD I uninstalled the game. I tried installing it on my secondary SATA HDD (in it's own folder) and now all I get is a picture. Sometimes when I click on the shortcut to close it I get an instal button but all that does is fill the bar to 0 %. Sometimes I get the message " loading Mylibrary_" There's nothing wrong with the HDD, I installed Secret World and it runs fine as well as other programs. I have Windows 7. Help!
  • ZOS_GaryA
    ZOS_GaryA
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hey there @Owly,

There may be some old files left over from your previous installation of ESO. Please head to Documents in Windows Explorer and find the Elder Scrolls Online folder. Rename it to Elder Scrolls Online.old and then open the launcher. Let us know if this helps!
    Staff Post
  • owly
    owly
    Soul Shriven
    I'll try that.
  • owly
    owly
    Soul Shriven
    Nope didn't work. So I deleted the folder, uninstalled the launcher, deleted the the elder scrolls folder left after that so there was nothing left, tried installing the launcher again but same result. Should I make this a separate thread?