The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 15:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – April 16, 8:00AM EDT (12:00 UTC) - 6:00PM EDT (22:00 UTC)

Guilds & making money

agegarton
agegarton
✭✭✭✭✭
✭✭
Quick q for anyone who runs a Guild. Is it possible to make money from a guild? For example, if I invest in bidding for a store, is that purely my cash on the line, or do I get a cut of sales to help pay for guild stuff?

Currently, I'm not certain why I would bother taking my guild any further as it seems to be just a waste of gold coins. Appreciate any views on the subject. Thanks!
  • AlexDougherty
    AlexDougherty
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    You could just open up a pot for bidding for the guild vendor, if the members don't contribute, then your guild doesn't get a vendor.

No need for you to be spending the entire amount.

But I believe there is no way for you to get a profit off someone elses sale, that would be daylight robbery.
    Edited by AlexDougherty on November 8, 2014 5:17PM
    People believe what they either want to be true or what they are afraid is true!
    Wizard's first rule
    Passion rules reason
    Wizard's third rule
    Mind what people Do, not what they say, for actions betray a lie.
    Wizard's fifth rule
    Willfully turning aside from the truth is treason to one's self
    Wizard's tenth rule
  • redspecter23
    redspecter23
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'm a guild leader and it never even occurred to me to use it as a means of making gold. I put time, effort and yes, my own gold into the guild in order to further the guild as a whole.

While one could use the taxes from sales as personal GM profit, I can't see that guild lasting long. That's a slap in the face to the members in my opinion.
  • agegarton
    agegarton
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Thanks both.

To be clear, I'm not attempting to make money for myself from running a guild - I'm just searching for answers in terms of how other guildmasters run their guilds, and how they fund things like bidding on a vendor. I was wondering whether the sales tax just goes nowhere, or whether it could be used to further the guild (vendor bidding, guild tabards, etc,).

:)
  • Nestor
    Nestor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I believe the tax goes to ZOS (basically disappears) but there is a Guild Cut that I see. I think that is what is used by other trading guilds to bid on things.
    Enjoy the game, life is what you really want to be worried about.

PakKat "Everything was going well, until I died"
    Gary Gravestink "I am glad you died, I needed the help"

• MissBizz
    MissBizz
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yes, the 'house cut' is thrown into the guild bank from store sales. As well, members may deposit gold into the guild bank. Many guilds (we have run one) feature draws/contests (such as 50/50 draws) to fundraise for guild traders.
    Lone Wolf HelpFor the solo players who know, sometimes you just need a hand.PC | NA | AD-DC-EP | Discord