Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Minimum Health for Vet Dungeons?

WanderingNat
WanderingNat
Soul Shriven
Tried veteran spindleclutch and kept getting one-shot. How much health do people have doing veteran dungeons? Currently my attributes are all in health and my enchants are in magicka. Should that change?
Officer, Blacbriar Brewing Co., Aldmeri Dominion
  • Natjur
    Natjur
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    5k health will not help if you have no armor or spell resists.

But most one shots there where hitting for 3k max. So 3100 hp and at the soft cap in armor and spell resist should do the trick, but its normally about blocking\dodging at the right time.

Food gives a nice 400+ hp theses days, so always get the right food in vet dungeons.
    Edited by Natjur on November 9, 2014 8:56PM
  • aco5712
    aco5712
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I would say 2.5k is okay and just learn the mechanics so you can avoid the one shots. No reason for dps to sacrifice their magicka and stamina pools for greater hp
    Banned for Naming and Shaming exploiters. Great ideology ZOS.
    #FreeLeo

Main: Vir Cor | Dragonknight
    Alt: Leo Cor | Nightblade
    Alt: Leonidas Cor | Templar

Guild: K-Hole
    Youtube: CorESO
    DK PvP Tank/DPS Hybrid Build (2.1+): Cor Leonis
  • thri11co11ector
    aco5712 wrote: »
    I would say 2.5k is okay and just learn the mechanics so you can avoid the one shots. No reason for dps to sacrifice their magicka and stamina pools for greater hp

I like this rule but I am a DK and I hear this game is a little easier for us. :D
    "Personally I would not care for immortality in the least. There is nothing better than oblivion, since in oblivion there is no wish unfulfilled. We had it before we were born, yet did not complain. Shall we whine because we know it will return? It is Elysium enough for me, at any rate." - HP Lovecraft
  • Hypertionb14_ESO
    Hypertionb14_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Natjur wrote: »
    5k health will not help if you have no armor or spell resists.

But most one shots there where hitting for 3k max. So 3100 hp and at the soft cap in armor and spell resist should do the trick, but its normally about blocking\dodging at the right time.

Food gives a nice 400+ hp theses days, so always get the right food in vet dungeons.

very much this.

Blocking is also important.

try to have at least 2.4k hp for most vet dungeons. there is not much in those that have the ability to just burst much past 2k in one hit.. so as long as you are at least 400 above that you should be good.

soft capping spell resist is also really good. spell hits are the only things you might be hit by that cannot reduce via block, all forms of physical damage you can block through, even the AOEs. so Spell Resist is often more useful than Armor.. Which is part of why Mages are so insanely powerful still..
    I play every class in every situation. I love them all.
  • timidobserver
    timidobserver
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Tried veteran spindleclutch and kept getting one-shot. How much health do people have doing veteran dungeons? Currently my attributes are all in health and my enchants are in magicka. Should that change?
    Most oneshots are about mechanics. Many of the dungeons have certain mechanics that will oneshot anyone that doesn't do the mechanic right. So the first you should do is make sure that you were not messing up a mechanic.

What is your role and class? Many classes have various things they can do to increase their survivability. You can also drop ring of preservation to increase your armor and spell resist.

You need to watch NPC animations. If you see an NPC charging/winding up like he is getting ready to through a haymaker, that is a heavy attack and you will want to block it.

Edited by timidobserver on November 10, 2014 9:27AM
    V16 Uriel Stormblessed EP Magicka Templar(main)
    V16 Derelict Vagabond EP Stamina DK
    V16 Redacted Ep Stam Sorc
    V16 Insolent EP Magicka Sorc(retired)
    V16 Jed I Nyte EP Stamina NB(retired)

• Magdalina
    Magdalina
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    More health only helps so much - new vet 12 trash charges for like 4.5k damage, good luck getting enough health to make it. Block, interrupt, dodge and follow the mechanics...and be prepared that occasionally all of this won't be enough and you will die anyway because tough luck;)

I have about 2.4-2.5k health now, depending on which of my 2 armor sets I'm wearing. I'm dps/heals, works fine for me. I do get 1 shot occasionally but that's by like 3-4k attacks I should've avoided.

It's a matter of personal prefernce though, at least to a point - some people prefer having slightly less magicka and like ~3k health to have a bit more room for mistake(or spam eqiulibrium longer), I like my agicka at 2.6k though.
  • Cuyler
    Cuyler
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'd like to turn this on it's head and correct me if you feel I'm wrong....try increasing your stamina!

Because block and roll dodge both cost stamina if you run out you can't do either which means your going to get hit for the full dmg. Get you stamina up and at least if you miss the dodge you have some to block with.
    Guild: STACK n BURN (gm) PC - NA
    CP 810 18 Maxed Characters:
    "How hard can u guar?" - Rafishul[/spoiler]
  • Magdalina
    Magdalina
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Cuyler wrote: »
    I'd like to turn this on it's head and correct me if you feel I'm wrong....try increasing your stamina!

Because block and roll dodge both cost stamina if you run out you can't do either which means your going to get hit for the full dmg. Get you stamina up and at least if you miss the dodge you have some to block with.
    Dunno, as a (caster) dps/heals I have 0 points and 0 enchants in stam. I have something about ~1200 stam, ~1400 with purple food. It's actually enough to dodge/block most things and even keep Immovable up nonstop for certain fights(Elden Hollow, I'm looking at you) if I use potions.
  • s7732425ub17_ESO
    s7732425ub17_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The rule is 2.5k HP minimum. For DPS classes, you can stay around 2.5k HP and be perfectly fine. Tanks should be running up to 3k HP.

If you are DPS and have 2k HP, you can and will be 1 or 2 shot in most veteran dungeons. Also, in AA, one boss does 2400 dmg to each party member, so if you don't have 2500 HP you are dead.
  • Shinra
    Shinra
    ✭✭✭
    for tanks, more than 3000 is a good choice.
    for DPS, 2400 health is necessary for most trials and veteran dungeons. for sanctum orphidum and dragonstar arena, 2600 is pretty much the minimum.
    for healers, 2800 or even more health is reasonable. A dead healer is a bigger problem than a dead DPS, after all.

But for most Veteran Dungeons, the key point is high enough DPS to defeat the boss before the enrage timer starts (like for the gargoyle in spindleclutch)

Also, don't forget the mechanics and don't let yourself get hit by an AoE. If you get hit by AoE, if it's a single hit, block it. if it's a DoT, get out of there. fast.

When the tank loses aggro, don't forget to block any attack the boss throws at you. Otherwise you are dead meat.

Well, and if a DPS dies, the other one has to rez. If he can do that without losing time, a fight may still be fought without a real problem.