The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

Question about alts and shared rewards

Lovelocke
Lovelocke
✭✭✭
Hello you bunch of beautiful buggers!

I've been in TESO a week now, and being the hairy nerd that I am I've got quite a good grasp of the game. But I do have some questions:
  • If I roll a character as DC (my main is AD), and I find those Dwemer motifs, will my AD main benefit too, or just the DC character?
  • Potions you make, such as weapon critical, are these worth selling on a Guild store?
  • Similarly, is ore worth selling on a Guild store?
  • Treasure maps... I've got some, but don't fully understand them. Any pointers?

I think that's all for now. Appreciate any help you guys can give.

Also, I'm after a relatively well-organised guild, EU AD. I know this isn't guild recruitment, but as you're reading if you have any suggestions please feel free to divulge them <3
  • AlexDougherty
    AlexDougherty
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    1. Motifs are character only, so only the alt that learns them can use them.
    2. Don't know about crit potions
    3. Yes, people buy ore, when you refine it you get tempers and trait stones, so always worth selling, but in stacks (preferably 100)
    4. You need to find where on the map they refer to, at that point is a buried chest you can open, but you can't even see the spot without the map, let alone access it.
    People believe what they either want to be true or what they are afraid is true!
    Wizard's first rule
    Passion rules reason
    Wizard's third rule
    Mind what people Do, not what they say, for actions betray a lie.
    Wizard's fifth rule
    Willfully turning aside from the truth is treason to one's self
    Wizard's tenth rule
  • Lovelocke
    Lovelocke
    ✭✭✭
    Thanks Alex!
  • Rosveen
    Rosveen
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    However, before you use them you can transfer them between characters via shared bank. So even if you find them on a DC character, you can still have your AD learn them.
  • Lovelocke
    Lovelocke
    ✭✭✭
    Rosveen wrote: »
    However, before you use them you can transfer them between characters via shared bank. So even if you find them on a DC character, you can still have your AD learn them.

Ohhhh Rosveen thank you!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I'll be making a DC alt today I think, I believe DC has more Dwemer ruins (my favourite thing about Elder Scrolls).
  • Preyfar
    Preyfar
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Lovelocke wrote: »
    [*] Similarly, is ore worth selling on a Guild store?
    Stacks of any raw material are worth selling. Of note, too: if you're bored and are looking to generate sales and a lot of materials look for areas rich in mudcrabs and wolves. Low level areas are great. Pop some AOEs, and just run up and down the coastline. You can put together stacks of scrap leather easy.

You've got just as high a chance at finding gold mats from raw leather as you do from shadowhide. The sweet spot for unrefined mats tends to be about 1200G, but I see them as high as 2000.