Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Crafting Timer

abigfishy
abigfishy
✭✭✭✭✭
I have been using the awesome CRAFT RESEARCH TIMER by aTo which tells you how long until research is finished for all of your characters. Since the update it is broken. Does anyone know of another addon that does a similar thing? I tried a couple but they only track your current character and I don't want to have to keep track of all eight characters but instead just know when they need to start a new research.
Level 50 Characters
USA
Odette Skullcrusher Nord DK EP Tank
Hannah Smithee Breton Templar DC Healer
Charlotte of the Wild Bosmer NB EP DPS
Rabbath Amman Dark Elf Sorc EP DPS
Lovely Twinkle High Elf Sorc AD Tank
Nepith Dark Elf Warden EP Healer
Tupac Shakoor Redguard Sorc DC Tank
Faire the Last Snow Elf Altmer Warden EP Ice Staff Tank
EU
Soul-Shriven Breton Sorc DC DPS
Makush gro-Shurgal Orc DK DC Tank
Cleopatra Tharn Imperial Sorc EP Healer
Daenerys Targaryin Nord Templar DC Healer
Zar Saarshar Khajiit NB DC Thief
Celrith High Elf Sorc EP Assassin
Falcar Dark Elf NB DC Necromancer
Myriam Blaylock Breton NB EP Vampire
Nivrillin Wood Elf NB DC Werewolf
  • Ourorboros
    Ourorboros
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    So many. Craftstore tracks timers, as well as traits. Wykkyd (spelling?)Toolbar has an option to track timers. There are others. Try ESOUI.com
    PC/NA/DC
    Breton Sorcerer Maester.White - BB meets GoT >Master Crafter< { 9 Traits completed 4/23/15 }
    TANSTAAFL--->There ain't no such thing as a free lunch.....Robert Heinlein
    Women and cats will do as they please, and men and dogs should relax and get used to the idea....Heinlein
    All those moments will be lost in time, like tears...in...rain. Time to die. "Blade Runner"
    ESO: the game you hate to love and love to hate....( >_<) May RNG be with you (*,_,*)
  • Ourorboros
    Ourorboros
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Well, forget about Craftstore. Apparently the author quit, and pulled this addon. However, there are a number of research timers to be found on ESOUI.
    PC/NA/DC
    Breton Sorcerer Maester.White - BB meets GoT >Master Crafter< { 9 Traits completed 4/23/15 }
    Women and cats will do as they please, and men and dogs should relax and get used to the idea....Heinlein
    All those moments will be lost in time, like tears...in...rain. Time to die. "Blade Runner"
    ESO: the game you hate to love and love to hate....( >_<) May RNG be with you (*,_,*)
  • abigfishy
    abigfishy
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I have been looking and there are timers but they are all very slow to use. For example there is one that looks nice but it only displays one trade skill for one character at a time, meaning I would have to do (8 x 3) 24 different searches to see what my characters need. Not user friendly. What I want is a timer that I can toggle on and off and shows what all my characters are doing. I have looked for an hour or so at ESOUI and found nothing. Is there any other good site or a specific addon that I have missed?
    Level 50 Characters
    USA
    EU
  • Wavek
    Wavek
    ✭✭✭
    Craft Research Timer can be made to work but its a bit glitchy. Mine is working currently but the timers no longer fit inside the box properly. (only really care the timers themselves are still there)
  • abigfishy
    abigfishy
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Awesome news but how do you make it work? Mine all just says loading forever and never shows anything anymore. I have found another addon that looks promising called PL Research Timers.
    Level 50 Characters
    USA
    EU
  • Wavek
    Wavek
    ✭✭✭
    I had to mod a few to fix them, but for that one I think I just did the recommended 1.5 fixes from another post in the forum.
  • abigfishy
    abigfishy
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Wavek wrote: »
    I had to mod a few to fix them, but for that one I think I just did the recommended 1.5 fixes from another post in the forum.

Fantastic! I had a look and can't see a topic showing how to do this do you remember what it was called or how to do it?
    Level 50 Characters
    USA
    EU
  • Ra1ne
    Ra1ne
    ✭✭
    abigfishy wrote: »
    Wavek wrote: »

Fantastic! I had a look and can't see a topic showing how to do this do you remember what it was called or how to do it?

http://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/discussion/138067/psa-how-to-get-almost-all-your-add-on-setting-menus-to-work-with-1-5#latest
  • abigfishy
    abigfishy
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I was so excited by this I downloaded it right away and ran it and guess what still nothing works. I had a look at the fine print and it says stuff like I have to:

First embed the library and LibStub in your addon

What, where, how?

Then edit my LUa code Getting the library from LibStub (required)--

Lua Code:
    1.local LAM = LibStub:GetLibrary("LibAddonMenu-2.0")

2.--OR--

3.local LAM = LibStub("LibAddonMenu-2.0")

4. --returns a reference to the library table

WHAT???

Thirdly edit my manifest file and insert
    ## OptionalDependsOn: LibAddonMenu-2.0

What file? Where is it? Where do I add that line even if I can find the file?

Then simply to finish:

When embedding the library, remove the internal LibAddonMenu-2.0 folder from the main library download. I usually place my libraries in a sub-folder called "libs", but you may put them wherever you like in your addon directory. This is how I would then list the files in my manifest. (LAM2's widget controls are broken out into their own files to keep their code clean - this is why there is so many. Good thing you only have to copy-paste this once!)

Code:
    libs\LibAddonMenu-2.0\LibAddonMenu-2.0.lua
    libs\LibAddonMenu-2.0\controls\panel.lua
    libs\LibAddonMenu-2.0\controls\submenu.lua
    libs\LibAddonMenu-2.0\controls\button.lua
    libs\LibAddonMenu-2.0\controls\checkbox.lua
    libs\LibAddonMenu-2.0\controls\colorpicker.lua
    libs\LibAddonMenu-2.0\controls\custom.lua
    libs\LibAddonMenu-2.0\controls\description.lua
    libs\LibAddonMenu-2.0\controls\dropdown.lua
    libs\LibAddonMenu-2.0\controls\editbox.lua
    libs\LibAddonMenu-2.0\controls\header.lua
    libs\LibAddonMenu-2.0\controls\slider.lua
    libs\LibAddonMenu-2.0\controls\texture.lua

Maybe I am tired right now but I have no idea where to even start. Thanks for your help but I resign myself to never making this work.
    Level 50 Characters
    USA
    EU
  • JessieColt
    JessieColt
    ✭✭✭✭
    PL Research Timers has been the one I use. I am happy with it so far and see no reason to switch.

I have both Wykkd's Toolbar which shows me the one with the least amount of time, but at a keypress I can pull up PL Research Timers to see how much time is left on all of my crafters.

When you cap out, you can also change it not to show that timer. So I am capped in WW on my main, so I set PL not to show me the woodworking timers for that main, and poof, no longer shown.

My only issue with PL is the fade timer. I wish I could keypress again to hide the UI for the add-on, but it does fade pretty quickly on its own.
  • Coldcell
    Coldcell
    Ourorboros wrote: »
    So many. Craftstore tracks timers, as well as traits. Wykkyd (spelling?)Toolbar has an option to track timers. There are others. Try ESOUI.com

Is there a way to let me track multiple researches? For example I can research 2 items from Blacksmith. The timer only displays for the latest research I've taken though. So I can't tell when 1 slot has opened up or not.
  • Garkin
    Garkin
    ✭✭✭
    Coldcell wrote: »

Is there a way to let me track multiple researches? For example I can research 2 items from Blacksmith. The timer only displays for the latest research I've taken though. So I can't tell when 1 slot has opened up or not.

Lots of addons do that. For example:
    Mer Character Sheet
    Harven's Research Timers
    ResearchTimer
    AI Research Grid
    CraftStore 3.00 (not on ESOUI yet, but it seems that it will be there soon)
    Garkin / EU / CSF guild
    My addons: SkyShards, LoreBooks, Dustman, Map Coordinates, No, thank you, ... (full list)
    I'm taking care of: Azurah - Interface Enhanced, Srendarr - Aura, Buff & Debuff Tracker and more
    My folder with updated/modified addons: DROPBOX
  • Ourorboros
    Ourorboros
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

@Garkin, more info on this, please. CraftStore was always my favorite trait research add-on. I still have it, though it causes errors at times. Not that I really need it anymore, my last trait will be done next week. Still, never know if there will be more traits to research in the future, I hope.
    PC/NA/DC
  • Garkin
    Garkin
    ✭✭✭

@Garkin, more info on this, please. CraftStore was always my favorite trait research add-on. I still have it, though it causes errors at times. Not that I really need it anymore, my last trait will be done next week. Still, never know if there will be more traits to research in the future, I hope.

AlphaLemming is currently working on CraftStore 3.00 and it seems that when it will be finished, he is planning to upload it to ESOUI. Of course is up to him, if he really decides to do so. I had a chance to test unfinished version and it looks really promising.
    Garkin / EU / CSF guild
    My addons: SkyShards, LoreBooks, Dustman, Map Coordinates, No, thank you, ... (full list)
    I'm taking care of: Azurah - Interface Enhanced, Srendarr - Aura, Buff & Debuff Tracker and more
  • Garkin
    Garkin
    ✭✭✭

@Ouroboros, here it is: http://www.esoui.com/downloads/info1047-CraftStore.html
    Garkin / EU / CSF guild
  • Sylveria_Relden
    Sylveria_Relden
    ✭✭✭✭
    Garkin wrote: »

Thanks for this- checking it out as well. Keeping up with all the traits was getting to be a PITA too lol
    TL;DR - If you got this far without reading the entire post you're either too lazy or suck at reading comprehension and probably don't belong in a public forum anyway. Just move along, you wouldn't understand.
  • Ourorboros
    Ourorboros
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Garkin wrote: »

Thanks for the heads up. I will be installing it shortly.
    PC/NA/DC