Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – March 26, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• [COMPLETE] PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – March 26, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Official Discussion Thread for "Nord Figure by Symbiote"

ZOS_JasonLeavey
ZOS_JasonLeavey
✭✭✭✭✭
This is the official discussion thread for the web article "Nord Figure by Symbiote."

Add this mighty Nord to your collection of ESO figurines, and receive an in-game Whiterun Wolfhound vanity pet!
Edited by ZOS_JasonLeavey on October 30, 2014 2:27PM
Jason Leavey
Community Coordinator - The Elder Scrolls Online: Tamriel Unlimited
Facebook | Twitter | Google+ | Tumblr | Instagram | YouTube
Staff Post
  • Turelus
    Turelus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    When we asked for the ability to buy the Whiterun Wolfhound, I don't think this is what we meant.

Can you please just sell all the vanity pets here.
    Stick them up at £2 each, watch the money come in.
    @Turelus - EU PC Megaserver
    "Don't count on others for help. In the end each of us is in this alone. The survivors are those who know how to look out for themselves."
  • Maotti
    Maotti
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Good to see the Wolfhound pet aren't Steam exclusive after all.

But yes, Like @Turelus wrote, you have a cashshop, maybe start using that one too?

And also, i would buy it! But taxes you know.

And on an entirely different note, this one's for you @ZOS_JasonLeavey‌!

Why does your hair get so much attention? That beard is so much better. :D
    Edited by Maotti on October 30, 2014 5:42PM
    PC EU
  • Rosveen
    Rosveen
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Figurine: $19.99
    Shipping costs: $17
    What I actually want: a slip of paper with a code that could easily be sent by email

ZOS, I don't think you're hearing what we've been saying.
  • KriHavok
    KriHavok
    ✭✭✭✭
    Is this completely identical to that of the Steam copy Wolfhound? Also, when will the Riften Wolfhound be released that was mentioned not too long ago, is this still to be announced?
    UESP Staffer & Wiki Editor
  • Turelus
    Turelus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Repeating what I said a few months ago when the issues of vanity pets only being available via physical items or specific digital purchases first started. I really think ZOS should make use of their online store and offer people the chance to buy the content they want, you just have to look at games like Star Citizen to see the success that digital items can have.

This is my vision for the online store and a way every player gets access to the same content whilst giving ZOS another means of income (sorry for GBP prices I don't know the US/EU ones).
    Online Store.
    ESO Digital Standard Edition £49.99
    ESO Imperial Edition £69.99
    Imperial Edition Upgrade £20.00
    Explorer's Pack (Pre-Order bonus) £5.00

Mounts £9.99 (currently only Palomino Horse)
    Vanity Pets £1.99 (all vanity pets to date, excluding loyalty pets)

This means every player has access to the same content in the game but the advantages of pre-order, Steam deal, toys and figures deals is simply that you get these extra free rather than having to pay a cost on top of your standard purchase.

This works as a great marketing chance for ZOS as well to advertise ESO as the a game with no exclusive items, where every player has the same chance.

Considering as well we currently have vanity pets in the game like the Rufous Mudcrab which there is no way to obtain unless you were one of the lucky few who got one by mistake and were allowed to keep it.
    @Turelus - EU PC Megaserver
    "Don't count on others for help. In the end each of us is in this alone. The survivors are those who know how to look out for themselves."
  • thri11co11ector
    Sweet Moon Sugar do people get on here and whine! I guess I'm the only one who thought the Nord figure was pretty sweet.
    "Personally I would not care for immortality in the least. There is nothing better than oblivion, since in oblivion there is no wish unfulfilled. We had it before we were born, yet did not complain. Shall we whine because we know it will return? It is Elysium enough for me, at any rate." - HP Lovecraft
  • Djeriko
    Djeriko
    ✭✭✭
    Same here. If I have to buy the figure for a vanity pet, I will throw the figure away when it gets here. Waste of money. Just send the code via email after purchase and keep the figure. Thank you very much.
    "When in doubt, kill it with fire."
  • MorHawk
    MorHawk
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Khammo wrote: »
    Sweet Moon Sugar do people get on here and whine! I guess I'm the only one who thought the Nord figure was pretty sweet.

Normally, I'd agree, but in this case, it's great that you enjoy the figurine, but it seems the vast majority don't want it. They just want the virtual pet. Every single time ZOS releases a pet for sale, they tack a bit of physical merch to it so they can jack up the price. Really taking the mick at this point.

Matter of fact, a poll wouldn't be a bad idea, just to underscore the point.

EDIT: Done.
    http://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/discussion/137748/in-game-pets-solo-or-with-physical-extras
    Edited by MorHawk on October 31, 2014 2:05PM
    Observant wrote: »
    I can count to potato.
    another topic that cant see past its own farts.
    WWJLHD?
  • thri11co11ector
    I know I am going to catch some rage here but the pure vitriol over the free gift astounds me!...Clearly the pet isn't what's for sale here.

I bought the Nord figure to guard my desk at work and will get much more enjoyment out of it then the wolfhound that will sit in my bank unused just like my pet pig and wraith. Why do people get so worked up about these pets?!
    "Personally I would not care for immortality in the least. There is nothing better than oblivion, since in oblivion there is no wish unfulfilled. We had it before we were born, yet did not complain. Shall we whine because we know it will return? It is Elysium enough for me, at any rate." - HP Lovecraft
  • Nox_Aeterna
    Nox_Aeterna
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I will just repeat what others said.

Buying physical stuff is not simple AT ALL , the taxes some places pay are ... insane.

Now mind you i dont have anything against adding the pets to said dolls , but do add them to the cash shop also.
    I know I am going to catch some rage here but the pure vitriol over the free gift astounds me!...Clearly the pet isn't what's for sale here.

I bought the Nord figure to guard my desk at work and will get much more enjoyment out of it then the wolfhound that will sit in my bank unused just like my pet pig and wraith. Why do people get so worked up about these pets?!

I dont think nobody would ask for the doll to not be sold with the dog , you want it? Fine buy the doll.

Some other would rather have the pet 1000x times over , honestly i probably would keep this thing inside some box i would forget about after a week , while i would probably use the dog from time to time.

What people want are options.

PS: No , i dont think the doll looks cool at all.
    Edited by Nox_Aeterna on October 31, 2014 3:44PM
    "Never attribute to malice that which is adequately explained by stupidity."
    -Hanlon's razor
  • lancepro
    lancepro
    ✭✭
    Zenimax should probably just increase the amount of pets being released altogether. Some cash shop exclusives and some free with toy purchases. If you design different varieties of the same pets, you'll pretty much have content to sell for decades to come.

They're not trade-able so there's no real value to them. They won't dilute any market or mess with any aesthetics. If at all, a bigger variety of pets should increase the aesthetics of the game with not seeing the same pets over and over. So really no point in putting only one pet out every few months.

*I bought the Nord btw.
    Edited by lancepro on November 1, 2014 6:12AM
    Rocketship Builder, Pizza Expert
    "I swear by my life and my love of it."
    Beta Tested since 8/15/13
  • david271749
    david271749
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Lame!
  • Gidorick
    Gidorick
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    $19.99
    c490d1660605c7d3ed8c4a611cfb3c0e.jpg?_ga=1.25024762.1712451743.1396181693

$300.00
    etc-figure-eso-breton-fullfrontangle.jpg

It would be nice to get somewhere in-between... price in the $50-$100 range
    Something like:

$40
    81kdHL9SDdL._SL1500_.jpg
    What ESO really needs is an Auction Horse.
    That's right... Horse.
    Click HERE to discuss.

Want more crazy ideas? Check out my Concept Repository!
  • Wolfshead
    Wolfshead
    ✭✭✭✭
    This is the official discussion thread for the web article "Nord Figure by Symbiote."

Add this mighty Nord to your collection of ESO figurines, and receive an in-game Whiterun Wolfhound vanity pet!

What now if i want Wolfhound pet i need order figurine which need to be send me from US to Sweden just so i can get a Wolfhound come are you guys serious i would say as Turelus put on same web page as Palomino Horse are on and btw you should do with all pet you have. For the are them off us that don't come US which mean we have 2 to 4 week deliver time which is way to long time to wait for get a in game pet and some people may even have longer deliver time.

ZoS i normal don't say thing like this but you could learn a few thing from Blizzard web shop where the sell both mount and pet but for love of god DON'T add in game shop button just add to web page you have Palomino Horse on and i think you will get more people buy pet there.
    Edited by Wolfshead on November 1, 2014 3:46PM
    If you find yourself alone, riding in green fields with the sun on your face, do not be troubled; for you are in Elysium, and you're already dead
    What we do in life, echoes in eternity
  • driosketch
    driosketch
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Just want to point out that this figure is still cheaper than the $60 fighter guild "Comic-Con Exclusive" figure with the kuama pet, later discounted to $30, and cheaper, I assume, than preordering/buying the game on Steam at launch for this pet dog. It's also a good indicator for those who might want to collect the pets, that they won't be limited buy their first available exclusivity, and if patient, the price will also drop.
    Main: Drio Azul ~ DC, Redguard, Healer/Magicka Templar ~ NA-PC
    ●The Psijic Order●The Sidekick Order●Great House Hlaalu●Bal-Busters●
  • Gyudan
    Gyudan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Gidorick wrote: »
    Something like:

$40
    81kdHL9SDdL._SL1500_.jpg
    Is it just me or is that one ugly? :|

My Capt. Harlock:
    sega-figurine-space-pirate-captain-harlock-albator.jpg
    15 EUR and it looks good on my shelf. I'd like a similar ESO figurine.
    Edited by Gyudan on November 1, 2014 4:45PM
    Wololo.
  • Preyfar
    Preyfar
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Maybe they should look at it this way:
    They're buying a Whiterun Wolfhound and getting a free Nord.
    Edited by Preyfar on November 1, 2014 6:11PM
  • Gidorick
    Gidorick
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Gyudan wrote: »
    Gidorick wrote: »
    Something like:

$40
    81kdHL9SDdL._SL1500_.jpg
    Is it just me or is that one ugly? :|

Guts was never known as being "pretty" ;)
    What ESO really needs is an Auction Horse.
    That's right... Horse.
    Click HERE to discuss.

Want more crazy ideas? Check out my Concept Repository!
  • Jerkling
    Jerkling
    ✭✭✭✭
    great, just what this game needs... seriously, are you out of your minds? this is ESO (rated M and USK/PEGI-16), not WOW (rated USK/PEGI-12). so please, can you just stop it and not flood this game with cutsey-poo-glitter-rainbows-and-unicorns crap.

i understand your gree...need for milking ESO in any possible way, but PLEASE, PLEASE, PLEASE no utterly useless pets and not hundrets over hundrets of uberawesome (but still just mounts) mounts. find other ways, like new styles, new class templets, new traits and/or reduced research times... i'm sick of coming into a town and see 30 out of 40 players running around with that same dumb, dead fish, that has no purpose other than being a pet for the sake of being a pet.
  • sarttsarttsarttub17_ESO
    Only a Milk Drinker would call this a Nord.
  • abuniffpreub18_ESO
    abuniffpreub18_ESO
    ✭✭✭
    Just a warning to anybody ordering from this company.

I did order the Nord figurine. I'm retired and live alone so I need something to guard my computer :smile:

Seriously I ordered it last month, Oct 30th. Today is Nov 5th and it's still listed as processing. They charged $5.38 to ship USPS Priority Mail, the only shipping option, and so far it hasn't shipped. They also don't respond to emails.

Like I said just a warning to anybody thinking of ordering from this company.
  • thri11co11ector
    Just a warning to anybody ordering from this company.

I did order the Nord figurine. I'm retired and live alone so I need something to guard my computer :smile:

Seriously I ordered it last month, Oct 30th. Today is Nov 5th and it's still listed as processing. They charged $5.38 to ship USPS Priority Mail, the only shipping option, and so far it hasn't shipped. They also don't respond to emails.

Like I said just a warning to anybody thinking of ordering from this company.

Symbiote Studios seems like a pretty small company with a small staff. If the Nord is popular they could have received a ton of orders in a short period of time. Small company + large order = slower that usual turn around times. I am inclined to give them a little slack on the processing time. For what it is worth, the reviews I read said the product took a while to arrive but that it was a quality toy and well worth the wait.
    Edited by thri11co11ector on November 5, 2014 2:07PM
  • abuniffpreub18_ESO
    abuniffpreub18_ESO
    ✭✭✭
    Looks like you were right Khammo. Below is the email I got from them today:

Hey ******

I hope this email makes it to you. We shipped your order Monday and it is
    scheduled for delivery via Amazon on Friday. We are a small company. We only
    have 8 team members and while Amazon ships the orders, we have to manually
    mark them as shipped. We are still in the process of marking them all. I
    looked up your order and it is now marked as shipped.

Really hope you enjoy the toy and sorry for it not being updated in the
    system on time.
    Edited by abuniffpreub18_ESO on November 5, 2014 10:02PM
  • thri11co11ector
    Glad to hear it! :smiley:
  • Wicked_Wolf
    Wicked_Wolf
    ✭✭✭✭
    Mine was marked as shipped yesterday but The delivery date is next Tuesday? Strange.

• WatersMoon110
    WatersMoon110
    Soul Shriven
    I am SUPER upset. I just got my Nord Mini-Figure, and it did not contain the in-game code for the Wolfhound. Did this happen to anyone else? The box was open and someone stole the card with my code. I didn't have this issue when I got the Assassin Mini-Figure and the Kwama pet.
    Edited by WatersMoon110 on November 7, 2014 8:24PM
  • abuniffpreub18_ESO
    abuniffpreub18_ESO
    ✭✭✭
    There is a business card with the Nord. The code is on the bottom of the card. I just got mine today too :) , looks almost real. The dog that is, not the Nord.
    Edited by abuniffpreub18_ESO on November 7, 2014 8:11PM
  • abuniffpreub18_ESO
    abuniffpreub18_ESO
    ✭✭✭
    I am SUPER upset. I just got my Nord Mini-Figure, and it did not contain the in-game code for the Wolfhound. Did this happen to anyone else? The box was open and someone stole the card with my code. I didn't have this issue when I got the Assassin Mini-Figure and the Kwama pet.

Did you check very carefully inside the shipping box. Mine was partially open and when you opened the lid the card was right there. Check under the folds inside the box it was shipped in, you never know. I hope you find it.
  • WatersMoon110
    WatersMoon110
    Soul Shriven
    Did you check very carefully inside the shipping box. Mine was partially open and when you opened the lid the card was right there. Check under the folds inside the box it was shipped in, you never know. I hope you find it.
    Of course I checked everywhere in the box. I did it for a 3rd time, just in case. I also looked everywhere in the shipping box that it came from. Maybe mine simply didn't get put in the box by accident? Or maybe a disgruntled Amazon Shipper simply snagged it. Hope I don't have to buy another Mini-Fig just to get the dog (but I did think about it).
    Edited by WatersMoon110 on November 7, 2014 9:42PM