The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

Did Patch 1.4.6 change the Recipe Harvest criteria all of a sudden.

SpAEkus
SpAEkus
✭✭✭✭
Up until 1.4.6 I had been running a Wayrest DC Level 15 Character (1/1 provisioning skill) and harvesting recipes from L1 to L15. This was two solid weeks.

Based on other threads the Recipe level drop till now has been tied to Character Level and RNG.

But today the first two recipes that same character pulled at the same spot, Bank and Castle, were both L25 Hopscotch and Enriched Hopscotch.

If anyone else notices this as well I will have to start over on a lower level character once again to pull the L15's.

• Nestor
    Nestor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    How many L15's do you need? You only need enough to gain the inspiration to get the passive to make the better food of the higher level recipes.

Or, are you trying to just collect recipes? If that, then check the Guild Stores as Green Recipes are cheap. And, there are tons of them for sale in the Guild Stores and Kiosks

Weird, I farm the Bank and Castle every day and I have never pulled a Hopscotch recipe from there. I get lots of Purples and Blues though. This is on a VR2 character in the leveling instance.
    Enjoy the game, life is what you really want to be worried about.

PakKat "Everything was going well, until I died"
    Gary Gravestink "I am glad you died, I needed the help"

• SpAEkus
    SpAEkus
    ✭✭✭✭
    I'm currently making an income from selling recipes and ingredients for others to level with. I need the L15 so people can level Prov 1-20 in the quickest-least ingredients.

Yes, I've used the Guild Stores as needed but L15 recipes are being scalped these days and my harvesters can avoid that.

Hey its supposed to be play as you like, I don't mind what the criteria are as long as I at least know the criteria. I'm still doing the work to find them.

It's only been through the research of harvesters that we even know what the previous criteria have been.
  • Nestor
    Nestor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Well, I have gotten past the L15 recipes as fast as possible, however some people report that L15 recipes seem to be harder come by.

You would make more money from the food than you ever will finding and selling recipes at 20 to 27 Gold a pop (which is what I see Greens for all the time). In fact, one of my Guilds sells the Green recipes for 1 Gold each.

• SpAEkus
    SpAEkus
    ✭✭✭✭
    Well I just re-ran my L16 Prov 1/1 (he's L16 not L15) back through DC and the results have definitely changed since yesterday.

Wayrest Stormhaven
    L25 Hopscotch x2
    L20 Combwort Confit
    L25 Grilled Venison

Evermore Castle Bangkorai
    L20 Clamberskull
    L20 Combwort Confit

Glenumbra Castle Glenumbra
    L25 Enriched Grilled Venison

Crosswych Village Glenumbra
    L20 Old Kindlepitch

Koegelin Village Rivenspire
    L25 Venison Pasty

Nothing below L20-25.

I'm going to run my EP L12 next and see what he gets.

My L15 Prov 50 Ad is still getting L5 this day but hasn't pulled anything else on two runs of Rawlka.

• Aenra
    Aenra
    ✭✭✭✭
    makes sense to me. I stop getting T1 recipes at level 15. Entirely. Even before it, i will still get the occasional tier 2

you want the lvl 15 ones, park a toon at 10, 12 at most. Above that T2 enter the RNG roll, effectively lowering your chances (shared tables)

[am still missing Hive Mind..]
    Pride, honour and purity
  • Nestor
    Nestor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    SpAEkus wrote: »
    Well I just re-ran my L16 Prov 1/1 (he's L16 not L15)

It would be interesting to see if being lower than L15 would have any impact.

• SpAEkus
    SpAEkus
    ✭✭✭✭
    Well it looks like L12 Character is not quite high enough for L15 recipe.

EP L12 Char Prov L48 1/1

Mournhold
    L5 Numb all Over
    L5 Saloop

West Narsis
    L1 Roast Goat

Windhelm
    L5 Saloop

Fort Amol
    L5 Poached Kwama

Nimalten
    L1 Goat Bone Soup
    L10 Voljar Liqueur

I'll take him up to L13 today and see what I get. I also have a L8 DC I can ramp as well.

And one more run on L16 DC gave two more L20 Combwort.
  • Tarukmockto
    Tarukmockto
    ✭✭✭
    Great. I just ran 5 alts up to lvl 15 over the last couple of weekends to try to farm for the lvl 10 &15 recipes I'm missing. Now it looks like they are all over leveled for that. It's making me crazy.

The lvl 15 recipes are being scalped in the Guild Kiosks for 1k to 2k each because they are so rare. It really makes it hard for recipe collectors like me. I regularly run the 7 vendors at each zone capitol and often spend the extra time at the 5 vendors in each of the major cities in ea zone.

This is sad news.
    NA - DC - DK - PC
  • SpAEkus
    SpAEkus
    ✭✭✭✭
    That's what was so sad because all last week and this, my L15s were pulling L15 green and blue recipes almost every day no problem.
  • HeroOfEvbof
    HeroOfEvbof
    ✭✭✭
    You need to be Lvl12 to pull the blue L10 and L15 recipes. This has been true for a very long time.
    If you hit Lvl16, you will now pull L20 and L25 recipes, green and blue. This has been true for a very long time.

I have had two desk farmers. I have had my best luck at pulling blue's at Lvl14. My Lvl15 desk farmer never pulled a blue but he was pulling L15 greens like mad. I leveled him up to Lvl16 and discovered that I had screwed up royally.

It is possible Update 4 may have altered what a Lvl15 toon pulls. I am not willing to test this out with my Lvl14.

Lvl 15 greens are the Dominant way to level up provisioning alts. Very efficient use of Thin Broth/Meal/Drippings.

I kiosk run the entire world every Monday and then every useful kiosk at least once a day (not all cities are useful, there are a couple cities where none of the five vendors have any desk farmers in their guild). This is very, very time consuming but I have found that it increased the efficiency with which I was finding blue L10 and L15 recipes. My desk farmer seems to have serious ebbs and flows of RNG and recently started popping motif after motif instead of blue recipes.
    apud me omnia fiunt Mathematicè in Natura - Rene Descartes