Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Which is better FFXIV or ESO ??

U_D_D_I_N_R
U_D_D_I_N_R
✭✭✭
Btw I didnt play Beta cause i was busy
  • MAOofDC
    MAOofDC
    ✭✭✭✭
    I'm biased but I say ESO.
    Guild Master of the Guild <The Wrath of Sheogorath>. CHEESE AND CABBAGE FOR EVERYONE!!!

• fromtesonlineb16_ESO
    fromtesonlineb16_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The games are like chalk and cheese therefore a comparison is largely pointless.

ESO is a solo game with some group stuff, with a group-or-die end-game, FFXIV is a game with group-or-die locks every 4 levels as well as core game features like mounts, bank, etc. locked behind group-or-die content. While you can solo to 50 you'll miss large chunks of the game.

However, there's a good set of soloable end-game dailies, ESO of course has no non-PVP solo dailies.

So, depends on what game you prefer playing.
  • Knootewoot
    Knootewoot
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    I would say ArchAge, but that's because i don't like FFXIV. I do like TESO and it is not really a good comparison since AA already has been around some time in Asia, but the game looks great and is fun to play.

I can't get into it really because i see people on horses and suddenly a race-car comes by. The boats are fun though. But that is what's keeping me at TESO at the moment, the world of AA is great but has a few things in it that are out of the world and break the immersion for me. (race cars did it for me)
    Edited by Knootewoot on October 3, 2014 11:35AM
    ٩(͡๏̯͡๏)۶
    "I am a nightblade. Blending the disciplines of the stealthy agent and subtle wizard, I move unseen and undetected, foil locks and traps, and teleport to safety when threatened, or strike like a viper from ambush. The College of Illusion hides me and fuddles or pacifies my opponents. The College of Mysticism detects my object, reflects and dispels enemy spells, and makes good my escape. The key to a nightblade's success is avoidance, by spell or by stealth; with these skills, all things are possible."
  • Insurrektion
    Insurrektion
    ✭✭✭
    The pvp in eso is better and i came to eso because the pvp in ff14 was lol.
  • fromtesonlineb16_ESO
    fromtesonlineb16_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The pvp in eso is better and i came to eso because the pvp in ff14 was lol.
    Seeing as how FFXIV is a PVE game with some tournament like PVP for those wishing to dabble in it, it's not surprising someone who has a serious interest in PVP would prefer ESO: FFXIV isn't marketed to PVPers, thank God, it doesn't suffer much PVP QQ and SE don't waste their time pandering to endless lolbalance whines for the PVPers, a lesson ZOS would do well to learn.
    Edited by fromtesonlineb16_ESO on October 14, 2014 11:33AM
  • Elvikun
    Elvikun
    ✭✭✭
    Depends. If you love jumping from dungeon to dungeon and nothing else, FFXIV is probably better, because it's all about dungeoning (which is what eventually drove me away, because once you hit max level, you will never ever do anything other than insta-jumping between dungeons). But for more variety, exploration and such, ESO.

Honestly, both are good games and I'd recommend trying both :P
    Edited by Elvikun on October 14, 2014 2:51PM
    Failing is a lifestyle too.
  • pecheckler
    pecheckler
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'm trying to make this decision. Resubscribed to both on Thursday. I already have a VR6 templar, and a 20 and 40 job in FFXIV. My only MMO since June has been Destiny, which lacks enough content for more than 20 hours a week.

I really like to play with a controller with couch and TV, but I very much dislike FFXIV's corny atmosphere, story, characters, and lack of voice-overs, Whereas ESO has the perfect atmosphere. But, FFXIV seems so lively and ESO seems dead, in terms on player population and how many players I see online. 4 hours playing ESO on Thursday and I saw like maybe 5 other players total in two veteran zones :(

I'll say this, if I get native controller support for ESO then I'd certainly commit. As astonishingly well done as Stratejacket's controller mod with a pinnacle profile is (I really mean it -most advanced pinnacle profile i've ever seen), it is still too slow and difficult to control to be used beyond level 49, and certainly not viable for use in a group dungeon.
    End the tedious inventory management game.
  • U_D_D_I_N_R
    U_D_D_I_N_R
    ✭✭✭
    Update bought this game on console I thought it would have more people on it but it doesn't as of now it is kind of dead unless you buy a dlc I reall y don't know may be its because of me being In an EU server I like the elements of this game though and how much effort its been in, I'll probably say its better than wow because of its graphics other than that I'd give it to wow for having a better community better guild system
  • OmniDevil
    OmniDevil
    ✭✭✭✭
    Update bought this game on console I thought it would have more people on it but it doesn't as of now it is kind of dead unless you buy a dlc I reall y don't know may be its because of me being In an EU server I like the elements of this game though and how much effort its been in, I'll probably say its better than wow because of its graphics other than that I'd give it to wow for having a better community better guild system

Guild systems are definitely pretty *** poor compared to other games and graphics are definitely better than others. However, the population on console is still strong. On XB1/NA server, I constantly go back to Ebonheart Pact's start city/zone and it's always bustling with new players, old players playing alts, etc. Traveling through the 1-49 Zones, I'm always finding plenty of people leveling/playing. The Vet Zone (v1-v10, excluding Imperial City and Orsinium) can tend to feel a bit empty, but you do run into plenty of people playing. If I had to make an assumption, a good portion of the console community are idling in cities looking for vet dungeon/trial groups or are in Cyrodiil/Imperial City participating in PvP.

Long story short, the population is definitely there, but I can't speak for the XB1/EU servers.
    Rogue's Gallery (EP)(NA)(XB1)

Proud Member and Officer
    We’re recruiting for our ESO (Xbox One) Chapter
    ESO Application: Apply Here
    Homepage: http://www.roguesgalleryguild.com/
    TF Guild Page: http://tamrielfoundry.com/groups/rogues-gallery/
    Character List
    "Varyn Wryn" cp427 Nord Templar (Magicka DPS/Healer)
    "Maelis Artorius" cp427 Redguard Dragonknight (Stamina DPS)
    "Arius the Shade" cp427 Khajiit Nightblade (Stamina DPS)
    "Astalor Bloodsworn" Level 7 Altmer Sorcerer (Magicka DPS)
  • Volkodav
    Volkodav
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Oh,ESO is way better.The Final Fantasy games seem rather dated to me.
  • U_D_D_I_N_R
    U_D_D_I_N_R
    ✭✭✭
    I'm glad on ps4 you get communities which are better than guild, because I wanted to know how being a werewolves is, I asked on a community could I get a free werewolves bite gave my info on what server what alliance I was on, straightaway I got a msg saying add me I'll give you a free bite, I went to the rift area got bitten had to beat a lizard, so in fairness this game is worth it, you do get a bunch of *** who won't help you do certain crap but obviously you do get someone who's a Angel in the community :)
  • U_D_D_I_N_R
    U_D_D_I_N_R
    ✭✭✭
    Sorry I forgot to mention, I'm on ps4, because I referred it as a console
  • izJordy
    izJordy
    ✭✭✭
    eso ofc
  • dillonjason10b14_ESO
    dillonjason10b14_ESO
    Soul Shriven
    I prefer FF14 but well it is monthly sub. There is something about the Final Fantasy art style that really sings to me.