The PTS is now offline for the patch 10.0.0 maintenance and is currently unavailable.

https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656543/temporarily-taking-down-the-pts-the-pc-na-live-server
The issue is resolved, and the North American PC/Mac megaserver is now available. Thank you for your patience!
Maintenance for the week of April 15:
• [EXTENDED] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – April 16, 8:00AM EDT (12:00 UTC) - 2:00PM EDT (18:00 UTC)

1.5.....?

jackleminer55
jackleminer55
✭✭✭
Just wondering,

Has there been any news on when 1.5 will hit the pts? 1.4 was good and all but since im not VR10 or 12 yet I can't use any of the new content. 1.5 (according to @ZOS_JessicaFolsom‌ and @ZOS_GinaBruno‌ on ESO Live) will include facial animations, more grouping improvements, werewolf updates, Veteran City of Ash, Stamina + Nightblade updates, more grouping improvements, and finally last but DEFINITELY NOT LEAST, Combat improvements! (button responsiveness + animations)

I forgot about chat bubbles! They will also be included in 1.5!

I really hope we can see these new changes soon,

JM55
Edited by jackleminer55 on September 17, 2014 2:23PM
  • DuelWieldingCheesyPoofs
    i dint see anything about combat improvements or NB updates ?
  • Dominoid
    Dominoid
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    inspiral1 wrote: »
    i dint see anything about combat improvements or NB updates ?

NB improvements were mentioned in ESO Live. Combat improvements weren't but were clearly mentioned as a main ingredient in 1.5 in the August Road Ahead article.

"We have many more changes to combat in the works, and you'll see the bulk of them in Update 5"
    Edited by Dominoid on September 17, 2014 11:58AM
    okie cool so what NB improvement did you hear ?

Also one of the main animation problems is the character always is kinda bent over hope that is fixed so they stand straight up in future.
    and PTS should be any day now it usually is ?
  • Dominoid
    Dominoid
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    inspiral1 wrote: »

Also one of the main animation problems is the character always is kinda bent over hope that is fixed so they stand straight up in future.

They were previewing the changes for NB in 1.4.3

Nightblades:
    coming in 1.4.3 (build update 4 will launch as Monday)
    • Strife: Always heal based on initial damage caused
    • Shadow Cloak: No longer be broken out by its morphs and its DOT effects

Source

Edited by Dominoid on September 17, 2014 12:34PM
  • jackleminer55
    jackleminer55
    ✭✭✭
    Thanks @Dominoid‌ for answering the questions.

Yes @inspiral1‌ all of them are right, and about the bent over issue, they said at Quake Con that they were at least gonna make the staff animations more upright. I dunno about the rest of the animations.
    Edited by jackleminer55 on September 17, 2014 2:10PM
  • heavy_artillery
    heavy_artillery
    ✭✭✭
    I want the Provisioning changes/upgrades ;)
    @Bluenotebacker in-game, NA Server
  • jackleminer55
    jackleminer55
    ✭✭✭
    ya I don't do provisioning so...

but I don't think that they will include that :( because they already said what would be included.

OH MY! I FORGOT CHAT BUBBLES! Updating original post now.
  • LonePirate
    LonePirate
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Given how there is a new group dungeon in this update, I am really surprised it is not already deployed to the PTS, especially considering how ZOS is obsessed with foisting only group content onto its player base.
    Great so yeah i hope the fix the combat pose it looks strange, also hope they add different animation to flurry, hitting and enemy with the tip of an axe instead of the blade is odd.
  • jackleminer55
    jackleminer55
    ✭✭✭
    Personally, @inspiral1‌, i was hping more for updates to the running animations. Right now they look more like a robot.
  • jackleminer55
    jackleminer55
    ✭✭✭
    But yes the poses definitely need updates. Probably more than the walking/running ones.
  • Tamanous
    Tamanous
    ✭✭✭✭✭

If they do that I hope they do not do it to Argonians. That would look stupid as having a tail is to counterbalance a forward leaning posture. Standing straight up with a massive tail sticking straight out of your butt defies physics ... you'd tip backwards.
  • Phantax
    Phantax
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Chat bubbles ! Oh I can hardly wait...lol
    They just better add the ability in options to turn them off ! ! !

Minimised UI/HUD for better immersion
    No mini Map for better immersion

And now we get chat bubbles !... yeah that follows... NOT ! ! !

:(
    Edited by Phantax on October 7, 2014 3:48PM
    High Elf Sorcerer VR12 - Destro / Resto Staff
    I'm a werewolf. If you vamps don't like it.... Bite me !
    We're not retreating... we're advancing in a different direction !
  • timidobserver
    timidobserver
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Phantax wrote: »

If you dig around the dev responses over the last 2 weeks, they confirmed that there will be an option to turn it off. In fact, the dev stated that it will default to off. You have to go and turn it on.
    V16 Uriel Stormblessed EP Magicka Templar(main)
    V16 Derelict Vagabond EP Stamina DK
    V16 Redacted Ep Stam Sorc
    V16 Insolent EP Magicka Sorc(retired)
    V16 Jed I Nyte EP Stamina NB(retired)

• jackleminer55
    jackleminer55
    ✭✭✭
    @ZOS_GinaBruno‌ @ZOS_JessicaFolsom‌ any timeframe for when 1.5 will go on the pts? Please?
  • Frenkthevile
    Frenkthevile
    ✭✭✭✭
    @ZOS_GinaBruno‌ @ZOS_JessicaFolsom‌ any timeframe for when 1.5 will go on the pts? Please?
    Yeah, tell us something...
  • AngryNord
    AngryNord
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

"soon"
  • Tamanous
    Tamanous
    ✭✭✭✭✭

If you dig around the dev responses over the last 2 weeks, they confirmed that there will be an option to turn it off. In fact, the dev stated that it will default to off. You have to go and turn it on.

Hell with dev responses ... how can people actually believe there wouldn't be an option to turn them off?!?
  • LonePirate
    LonePirate
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Tamanous wrote: »

Hell with dev responses ... how can people actually believe there wouldn't be an option to turn them off?!?

Trying turning off Notifications and then get back to us.
  • Tamanous
    Tamanous
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    LonePirate wrote: »

This connected with chat bubbles how?

Chat bubbles is a client side performance hit. Of course it would be an option to turn off.
  • TeiVII
    TeiVII

Chat bubbles is a client side performance hit. Of course it would be an option to turn off.

I think he's saying that it's equally immersion breaking, or in the same vein as it as far as interface options are concerned. It's also the same team of developers. I personally would love a customization for notifications more than just a blank on/off. I'd like to see, say, how well one guild does in trials, but not every guild, or no guilds at all, but want to see invites and when my Cyrodiil queue is up. I'd like to be able to customize my alerts to fit the way I play.

It could use a little polish, and it's slightly jarring, but I think the stark contrast, the jolting sound, does what it's supposed to when you get an alert. It's not the same as chat bubbles, though, which to me are a great way (ignoring floating text) to make it feel like you're talking to the person who's within range for you to "hear" them. It's no local VOIP, but I'm glad they're taking care to allow you to customize the bubble's "channels" to show when you'd like them to. Now, I want to see it on notifications!
  • OtarTheMad
    OtarTheMad
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    With the PTS server not available for the entire weekend I can only think that today or tomorrow we will get the 1.5 update... and seeing how it's down for a whole weekend... any guesses if that means 1.5 is a huge update or is this normal for the PTS server?
  • Audigy
    Audigy
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

@ZOS_KaiSchober‌

mentioned that you can also filter the chat bubbles so that you only see those of group members and friends.

So for those like me who are afraid of massive bubble spam - yes we can turn them off completely or filter them, to only see those of specific people in the world.
    Edited by Audigy on October 13, 2014 2:38PM
  • OtarTheMad
    OtarTheMad
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    microsofttranslator.com/bv.aspx?ref=IE8Activity&from=&to=en&a=http%3a%2f%2fwww.eso-schatzsucher.de%2fteso%2fwbb%2findex.php%2fThread%2f3865-Vorschau-auf-Update-5

For those who did not click on the german post, this is the translated link. If it does not work for you and still shows german just right click on the page and go down to "Translate with Bing" (mine says Bing... yours might be different). Has some things that might be in 1.5 when it gets on PTS but I am not sure... unofficial and unconfirmed.
  • AngryNord
    AngryNord
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    OtarTheMad wrote: »
    With the PTS server not available for the entire weekend I can only think that today or tomorrow we will get the 1.5 update... and seeing how it's down for a whole weekend... any guesses if that means 1.5 is a huge update or is this normal for the PTS server?

Nah, they probably just pulled the plug and went home and then "forgot" about it. If the PTS goes up any time in the near future I wouldn't expect anything other than the patch "live" got today.