The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 15:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – April 16, 8:00AM EDT (12:00 UTC) - 6:00PM EDT (22:00 UTC)

Unhappy Subscriber

ZombieZig
ZombieZig
✭✭✭
Long time Elder Scrolls fan before this MMO. After months of subscribing however am close to calling it quits. My wife and I are considering canceling both our accounts. We don't want to, however we think your using us to pay the bills while you still BETA the game. I sure hope you do not think this is a finished product.

1) In game support leaves almost automated vague responses that do not help.
2) Your game crashes a lot, despite re installing or playing on one of my 6 machines, on my wifes account or at different locations. With reddit as the only tool available, this issue is clearly not on your customers side. So stop blaming them. My ports are open and the problem exists with many.
3) You make people create a character in a coldharbor dark cave, not allowing us to change appearances but instead punishing legit players by capping how many characters they can create. Then do not supply accurate response on wait times. DO YOU EVEN KNOW?? /powerfacepalm! 24 hrs from the first of 3 or last of 3? Why cant customer service manually reset this? Why do they not have an answer?
4) I had to contact support to register on these support forums... really? really? I need permission? a code? If i sub, then link it... if i don't sub, get rid of me... simple.
5) Wife still has to use paypal to subscribe because you cannot get her visa to work. Although Visa says its all you guys! Open ticket for months now with no call back, update or resolution.

Too many pressing issues and not enough results. Stop pushing content and fix your game first. If you were a customer paying monthly fee's, do you think it would be appropriate to continue subscribing?
Edited by ZombieZig on October 10, 2014 6:19PM
We have contacted our Customer support team to help you solve your issue.
  • Voodoo
    Voodoo
    ✭✭✭✭
    so the games in beta form still because you dont like the character create screen, and how many characters you can create!?

How many characters do you need to create!? Your whole post is about you not being able to create the "perfect" looking character it sounds.

The game is not broken, you just cant get your character right!

Whats wrong with paypal? It works dont it?

• ZombieZig
    ZombieZig
    ✭✭✭
    Hello Voodoo,

People usually reply to help. I'm unsure of your intentions but if noble will offer this reply.

Game crashes alot, thank you for skipping that and focusing on something that confuses you.

Seeking help and not finding any while speaking to representatives that are unable to answer your questions is difficult. I work for a living and out of that sum pay for a subscription to a service Zenimax is to simply provide and do what many have done before them; run a business.

I am a gen X gamer. We view RPGs as something to immerse ourselves into. Its difficult to do this if your unhappy with a character. Capping character deletions does not help this. And having a character creation screen in a dark coldharbour cave affects your characters appearance in a normal environment (99% of the game). A legit player finds this frustrating.

Paypal takes a percentage off each transaction. Why do this? Emphasis on earning my own money and using it wisely.

I'm more or less waiting for an official rep to contact me, but thank you for your time.
    Edited by ZombieZig on October 10, 2014 7:01PM
  • Voodoo
    Voodoo
    ✭✭✭✭
    oh sorry thought you posted this in general. Didnt look at the section just saw it under recent posts. Thought is was another general rant.

Anyways hope you can get the crashing fixed. Game works well for me.

When I started my character (in early release) I kept crashing on character create so I managed to get a character half of what I wanted to look like, race, class, color, and horns ...the rest I skipped so I could get in. Anyways point is I dont mind the way I look now and with armor dont really see my full character anyways.

I agree character screen is not representative of what the in game character looks like.

Goodluck with getting a reply.
  • ZombieZig
    ZombieZig
    ✭✭✭
    Thank you Voodoo.

I'm only trying to get these issues resolved for my wife and I as we're long time Elder Scrolls fans. These topics are always held on unofficial forums; I am only hoping to see these topics resolved and make the game better for everyone. I know it this game title will not be perfect, but there can be a better standard held in regards to what information customer service gives you and what they can do for you. The "Close to calling it quits" comment I began with is not a rant, but a logical concern of those who feel they are throwing money out for a product promised and are not receiving/able to use effectively. If people stood by passively, nothing would ever change.
  • ZOS_GaryA
    ZOS_GaryA
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hey there @ZombieZig‌,

How are you submitting your support requests? Please note that if you use /bug or /feedback, you will not receive a response from our customer support team. To create a ticket, you may use /help within the game, or use the webform at our support site. We'll be happy to address your questions in this thread:

1 and 2: We went ahead and created a ticket for you about the crash issues that you are experiencing. A support representative will be with you via email shortly. If you would prefer to phone support, please reply to their email with a phone number, your time zone, and a good time to reach you (please do not post personal information on the forums). Troubleshooting for crashes usually starts pretty basic and requires information gathering as all PCs are unique. We understand this can be frustrating, rest assured that all support tickets are handled by living, breathing humans that want to help you play crash-free!

3. The feedback about character creation is much appreciated, and we'll be sure to forward it along to the appropriate place.

4. On creating your accunt you are sent an invitation code for the forums to your registered email address. If this does not occur, or if the code expires, our support team is happy to assist with getting you on the forums.

5. We are unable to address billing inquiries on the forums as there is too much private information involved. Please feel free to address this inquiry in the aforementioned support ticket, or open a new inquiry so our billing team can investigate the issue.
    The Elder Scrolls Online: Tamriel Unlimited - ZeniMax Online Studios
    Facebook | Twitter | Google+ | Tumblr | Pinterest | YouTube | ESO Knowledge Base
    Staff Post
  • ZombieZig
    ZombieZig
    ✭✭✭
    Hi GaryA

I have created in game bug reports, i have used feedback. I'm no stranger to your /help menu and UI. I never get to communicate with a rep online, and as a result always get a vague responses. I don't blame them, without more info from the client its difficult to solve a problem. When i have a issue, I've found it best to ask for a call back via your support service.

Another suggestion regarding invitation codes would be to provide the functionality of linking accounts via your initial account settings. Seems many people have shared my shoes and had to contact support for the code. Seems like an unnecessary step that could be automated?

My wife will contact support again this week regarding the use of her visa for a subscription. We are tired of using paypal.
  • ZOS_GaryA
    ZOS_GaryA
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hey there @ZombieZig,

Your forum account and game account are separate, although both are associated with the same e-mail address. It not possible to link the accounts, though we do appreciate the feedback!

If there's any other way we can help on here, we'd be happy to do so!
    The Elder Scrolls Online: Tamriel Unlimited - ZeniMax Online Studios
    Facebook | Twitter | Google+ | Tumblr | Pinterest | YouTube | ESO Knowledge Base
    Staff Post