Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Dk/Destro Vamp build?

xKyrio
xKyrio
✭✭
Yeah yeah, i'm a noob, it's at trash build, everyone hate's bla bla bla.

I'm working on a DK/Destro Vamp build, and i'm trying to figure some stuffs out, and could use some help.

First off, build:
Main hand is flame staff:
Elemental ring, burning talons,green dragon blood,reflecting scales, immovable.
Ulti: Batswarm
Second bar is Sword and board:
Igneus shield, rapid manovers, N/a, N/a,N/a
Ulti: Magma armor

Currently doing 4 part light Willows path 3 part Heavy twilights embrace.
And warlock jewlery.
Im at around 2k mana and 2.3k hp w/o any buffs.
Oh and im a orc, vr2 atm but will be lvling it to v14 in a week or so.

My main problem is dps, preferbly aoe dps, and mana sustain.
What can i do to fix this?
What are the best sets to use for this kind of build?

How do i progress this build? And what skills are moore worth using?
I could really need some help, cause im just getting in to pvp and find this to be a good start. :)

• DuelWieldingCheesyPoofs
    LTP ^^
  • GRxKnight
    GRxKnight
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    inspiral1 wrote: »
    LTP ^^

This... completely agree... hate these "DK's" that play the cookie cutter fotm builds... people like this is the reason pvp is terrible
    Member of Victorem, RÁGE ; Decibel Alumni (RIP)

Kalista Schefer: VR16 AD Sorcerer; Alliance Rank 22

Noxus-Katarina: VR16 AD NB; Alliance Rank 30

Grxknight: VR16 AD DK; Alliance Rank 16

Lorelie Aedel: VR16 AD Templar; Alliance Rank 8
  • r.jan_emailb16_ESO
    r.jan_emailb16_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Here is what I would add/change/suggest:

Skills:
    • You might want to stack Harness Magicka (light armor active skill) with Igneous Shield (1. Igneous, 2. Harnes). Helps a bit with magicka return, also more absorption.
    • You will need Efficient Purge from the Support tree.
    • Try Wall of Elemets (either morph should be okay), it generates lots of ultimate - ultimate means more AoE and recovery trough your passive.
    • Invasion from the s/b skill tree; charge in, change weapon sets, bats + AoE.

Gear:
    • 5 parts of warlock also benefits your magicka pool.
    • If I'm correct, willows path/twilights embrace are about crit chance etc.; you won't crit that often against players with dedicated pvp gear. So I'd suggest taking a look at sets like Seducer, Magnus, Arena.
    • Also, every crafted item (if you want to use if for pvp) should have the Impenetrable trait. Sharpened on your staff/sword.
    • 7/7 light armor is generally better for a magicka heavy build; if you think you need more armor, remember that Immovable also buffs it (and you have that Razor/Spiked Armor). Every piece of heavy armor reduces your magicka effectivity.
    • You need a fire resistance glyph, but I guess you have that already.

Also, I find 2,3k health way too low. I have almost 3k on my DK. Use buff food and potions.

Generally, different combinations of skills work, but not for every situation. Try some variations and see what fits your play style best. Timing is also very important if you want to attack groups; wait until they are distracted by your mates, charge in from the flank. If there is decent support from your group, you can of course charge in first, because that's the real thing ;)
    Lairgren | DC Dragonknight - August Palatine
    playing for eXile

I'm done, CU somewhere else.
  • p_tsakirisb16_ESO
    p_tsakirisb16_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    GRxKnight wrote: »
    LTP ^^

This... completely agree... hate these "DK's" that play the cookie cutter fotm builds... people like this is the reason pvp is terrible

Which explains why DKs & Vampires need a hard hit with the nerf bat.
    One DK-Vamp last night took 15 people on his own, and if I wasn't there to slow him down, he could have steamrolled the whole area.

Even monkeys can play DK - Vampire, and nothing to do with skill, but synergies of abilities that make it ridiculous OP.

And before someone says "why you do not roll a DK - Vampire" my answer it that "I am not that pathetic to play FOTM, because I want to prove something"
    Edited by p_tsakirisb16_ESO on September 29, 2014 10:40AM
  • r.jan_emailb16_ESO
    r.jan_emailb16_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Only monkeys get steamrolled by vampire dks.
    playing for eXile

• themdogesbite
    themdogesbite
    ✭✭✭✭✭

So much this!
    :]
  • Davadin
    Davadin
    ✭✭✭✭✭

...except when there's 20 of them rolled into a ball.

on topic: 5/5 warlock is great if u decide ur main DPS is going to be AoE. and for VR2, 2.3k health is not bad. but do eat some food buff. For "I need to be healthier" skills, stick with immovable and igneous. Harness is "ok" but if you're worried about magicka return, again, warlock. All you need is just 2 pieces of light to get the 5 bonus and 3 more light armor to get the full LA bonus, then u can have 2 heavies/medium if u want.

For ultimate, give volcanic rune a shot. Works like a charm in both long and close range and dropping one on a zerg ball gives u tons of ultimate apparently...
    August Palatine Davadin Bloodstrake - Nord Dragon Knight - PC NA - Gray Host
    Greymoor 6.0.7 PvP : Medium 2H/SnB The Destroyer
    Dragonhold 5.2.11 PvE : Medium DW/2H The Blood Furnace
    March 2021 (too lazy to add CP) PvP: Medium DW/Bow The Stabber
  • r.jan_emailb16_ESO
    r.jan_emailb16_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭

...except when there's 20 of them rolled into a ball.
    [snip]

Agreed, but 20 non-vampire players can do the same ;-). Anyway, not the purpose of this topic.
    All you need is just 2 pieces of light to get the 5 bonus and 3 more light armor to get the full LA bonus, then u can have 2 heavies/medium if u want.

For ultimate, give volcanic rune a shot. Works like a charm in both long and close range and dropping one on a zerg ball gives u tons of ultimate apparently...

Agreed. Volcanic Rune is a Mages Guild skill though, not an ultimate.
    Edited by r.jan_emailb16_ESO on September 29, 2014 12:46PM
    playing for eXile

• jkirchner71ub17_ESO2
    Agreed cookie cutter build but to each their own. I love my non-Vamp DK doing sword and board tbh and wouldn't want it any other way at this time. Shifting Banner and Take Flight are strong enough Ults to not need an OP Ultimate like Bat Swarm.
    MAIN
    Aldmeri Dominion
    Torroch, VR14 Orc DK Rank 22, Officer in Maelstrom
    Once again looking for an organized PvP guild to join - viva la Venatus

NON-PvP Alts
    Ebonheart Pact
    Torach, VR12 Orc Sorcerer, GM House of the Tamriel Ten
    Torrach, VR8 Orc Templar, House of the Tamriel Ten (older brother of Torach)
  • Insurrektion
    Insurrektion
    ✭✭✭
    Well fully charged attacks from your destruction staff will charge your mana. As for AoE, Flame breath and inferno from the ardent flame tree are both aoe.

Ignore the "cookie cutter" comments. Find what works for you and use it. My dk build is similar, except pulse instead of fire ring, invasion instead of igneous shield, i also use lava whip and unstable flame.
  • Insurrektion
    Insurrektion
    ✭✭✭
    GRxKnight wrote: »
    LTP ^^

Which explains why DKs & Vampires need a hard hit with the nerf bat.
    One DK-Vamp last night took 15 people on his own, and if I wasn't there to slow him down, he could have steamrolled the whole area.

Even monkeys can play DK - Vampire, and nothing to do with skill, but synergies of abilities that make it ridiculous OP.

And before someone says "why you do not roll a DK - Vampire" my answer it that "I am not that pathetic to play FOTM, because I want to prove something"

Undead get +50% damage from fire attacks and are susceptible to Fighters Guild skill line. L2P
  • Shader_Shibes
    Shader_Shibes
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I don't know how people could play a build like this. I have a vr2 Dunmer DK and honestly it bores so much *** out of me, that i really find the thought of getting him to vr14 a massive ballache and he's not even a vamp. Much prefer my nb assassin.
  • CrazedDark
    CrazedDark
    ✭✭
    I wish there were more Turn Undead counter zergs. Especially to the skeleton AD zergs that run bats. Its a heck of a monkey wrench with the added fear effect.
    VR 14 Nord Templar Nils of the Gylander
    VR 1 Dark Elf Sorc Lazarus of the Fallen
    VR 7 Dark Elf DK Crazed of the Dark

Phoenix Rising

"For the Pact."
  • Aoe_Barbecue
    Aoe_Barbecue
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Igneous Shield + Harness Magicka gives back quite a bit of magicka, especially against your typical premade running lots of magicka damage. I recommend ditching your current sets and running with 5 piece Warlock + 5 of whatever other set you prefer.
  • Aoe_Barbecue
    Aoe_Barbecue
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Also lol @ pretentious "the way you play is bad and mine is better cuz reasons" ITT.
  • xKyrio
    xKyrio
    ✭✭
    Thnx for all the tips ^^
  • Lava_Croft
    Lava_Croft
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Wrong subforum.
  • Tintinabula
    Tintinabula
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Bolt escape ,crystal shards , BE ,CS ,curse...soooo cookiecutter.
    Blazing shield ,sweeping jabs ,javelin,Nova...sooooo cookiecutter.
    Lethal arrow venomous arrow ambush and veil of blades..soooo cookiecutter.

see what I did there? Its all DKs have folks, Hate the game not the player.
    Edited by Tintinabula on September 29, 2014 8:37PM
  • xKyrio
    xKyrio
    ✭✭
    Here is what I would add/change/suggest:

Skills:
    • You might want to stack Harness Magicka (light armor active skill) with Igneous Shield (1. Igneous, 2. Harnes). Helps a bit with magicka return, also more absorption.
    • You will need Efficient Purge from the Support tree.
    • Try Wall of Elemets (either morph should be okay), it generates lots of ultimate - ultimate means more AoE and recovery trough your passive.
    • Invasion from the s/b skill tree; charge in, change weapon sets, bats + AoE.

Gear:
    • 5 parts of warlock also benefits your magicka pool.
    • If I'm correct, willows path/twilights embrace are about crit chance etc.; you won't crit that often against players with dedicated pvp gear. So I'd suggest taking a look at sets like Seducer, Magnus, Arena.
    • Also, every crafted item (if you want to use if for pvp) should have the Impenetrable trait. Sharpened on your staff/sword.
    • 7/7 light armor is generally better for a magicka heavy build; if you think you need more armor, remember that Immovable also buffs it (and you have that Razor/Spiked Armor). Every piece of heavy armor reduces your magicka effectivity.
    • You need a fire resistance glyph, but I guess you have that already.

Also, I find 2,3k health way too low. I have almost 3k on my DK. Use buff food and potions.

Generally, different combinations of skills work, but not for every situation. Try some variations and see what fits your play style best. Timing is also very important if you want to attack groups; wait until they are distracted by your mates, charge in from the flank. If there is decent support from your group, you can of course charge in first, because that's the real thing ;)

Il try some of your suggestions, thank you, its a big help :)
  • TagaParti
    TagaParti
    ✭✭✭✭
    the problem with that ap farming impulse swarm build, is that when they face a 1on1 situation against a dk of my build, they simply cant win. the impulse swarm can work only on zerg fights with which the impulse can generate quickly your swarm ulti.
    my 2nd hotbar uses resto with reflective plate, harness magicka, igneous shield, healing ward, green dragon blood..
    Sheliza "The Unkillable"

Facebook Page for the Tournaments
    Elder Scrolls Online Tournaments
    Please search and hit Like to see future post and updates for the events
    youtube channel: tagaparti
  • xKyrio
    xKyrio
    ✭✭
    TagaParti wrote: »
    the problem with that ap farming impulse swarm build, is that when they face a 1on1 situation against a dk of my build, they simply cant win. the impulse swarm can work only on zerg fights with which the impulse can generate quickly your swarm ulti.
    my 2nd hotbar uses resto with reflective plate, harness magicka, igneous shield, healing ward, green dragon blood..

Yeah, but with the help from this thread i think i got a good build now.

First bar is Destro staff:
    Elemental rings, Talons,molten whip, green dragonblood, reflectiv scales.
    Second bar is Sword and board:
    Invasion,spiked armor,obsidian shield, harness magica, immovable.

Both bars using swarm with ulti, and i changed to 49/health build with 7/7 light to boost magic, so in pvp im around 3k hp, and 2k magic, isch depening on cyro buffs etc.

And i gotta say i do love the build, since i can rush in to a big crowd with invasion after buffing myself up abit, then switch, cast talons and spam aoe,reflecting scales and swarm for hp. And it works really good against other DK's too, its just a mather of magica useages vs getting a good amount of dps. Although thoose standards can be hard to tank when you're getting perma stunned :/

But still! Its a fun build :) And from playing a sorc and dying all the time, this was really fun ^^

• JonzzLonewolf
    JonzzLonewolf
    ✭✭
    Don't run with a group. Now that keeps things interesting... :)
  • Koensol
    Koensol
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Look all over on the internet for your weekly fotm Vamp DK Destro/Resto builds OP.