The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• PC/Mac: NA megaserver for maintenance – April 25, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 2:00PM EDT (18:00 UTC)
https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/8098811/#Comment_8098811

DK Fire mage, pyromancer or whatever it is called...

tylerdavidsonb14_ESO
I want to roll one of these fire mages I keep hearing about, but I was hoping for a couple of builds I could look at to get a decent idea about how to build mine. What should I search for? DK fire mage? Pyromancer? Are they called something else? I am talking about the DK class, Destro staff, Light armor nothing but fire spells class. I already have a level 27 sorc so I know I want my main to be a ranged magic user, but I dont' know which one I want.

Also, how viable are they in high levels/endgame? What about PvP? Are they more of an AOE or a single target DPS? Are they in-demand for groups? etc.
  • xMovingTarget
    xMovingTarget
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Here my friend, this will give you an idea ;) Build/optimal gear setup is in the video description.

http://youtu.be/2KvRJnDxA1Q

And yes, we do highest DPS in almost all fronts ;) So you will get into groups when DPS is needed. DPS Meter thingy is near the chatbox.

DK Fire Mage is always a melee caster. You dont have that much range abilities. Btw, the build in the Video is mainly for Trial or other group oriented content. keept that in mind. ;)
    Edited by xMovingTarget on July 25, 2014 1:59PM
  • tylerdavidsonb14_ESO
    I am at work so I can't really HEAR anything yet, but I have watched it and while you will probably say "dude wait until you get home to ask questions" I just can't help myself......How are you not dying that close to the enemy?

And one more question....especially at higher levels like in the Trials above...it sure looks like you are having way more fun than say a normal ranged sorc. Have you played a high level sorc? Am I correct in my assessment?
  • xMovingTarget
    xMovingTarget
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Actually you can be near bosses. Tank has the aggro. you only need to watch for mechanics like void zones etc.

Nah, i tried a sorc. played til lvl 20ish and got bored of it. THe really only thing i can say about it is, you need to find out for yourself. i in general dont like ranged. i always played melee. It just fits my playstyle better.
  • tylerdavidsonb14_ESO
    Well as long as they won't be shunned I shall try it. It's lonely playing by yourself *sniffle Sniffle*
  • tlarsson83b16_ESO
    Really old thread but does anyone know if this spec still is useable end game? Leveling with flame breath, burning talons and unstable wall atm trying to get both rune and impulse.

Also does anyone know what combat text addon that is and what addon is used for the healthbars?

Thanks in advance!