The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

What's your take on alts in ESO?

• Lionxoft
    Lionxoft
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I play multiple characters actively and do cadwell's gold on all of them
    Hoping that character progression on each (8) VR12-14 will amount to plenty of Champion points to invest into all the characters. Knowing the ins and outs of each class played with different races or methods (stam vs magicka) will be beneficial as well. With that said I'll be playing quite a bit on each up until then.

There's no need for me to make mule characters. I have 2 abandoned guilds from launch due to all the lost subs to hold most of my wares.
  • WyndStryke
    WyndStryke
    ✭✭✭
    Other

Yes I have multiple alts - only one has got to VR levels (so far). However I do intend to get some of the others up to that level (for example, my nightblade is waiting for the justice system / dark brotherhood before going ahead with levelling).

• stabbykitteh
    stabbykitteh
    ✭✭✭✭
    I plan to eventually have one of each class leveled. I don't really mind Cadwell's - I like questing and am a little weird I guess :)
  • eventide03b14a_ESO
    eventide03b14a_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I would like to play multiple characters, but I don't want to repeat the faction stories/zones
    The only reason I have alts is because it's a class based game instead of the solely skill based that I would prefer. I really wanted to focus on my nightblade but the fact is they keep breaking him. That causes me quite a headache and I find that at least my sorcerer is pretty consistent from patch to patch. I am hoping that with the release of the justice system and the Dark Brotherhood and Thieves guild, that they will allow for me to turn my sorcerer into a magicka based sneaky type like I typically play in TES games. I would say that about my nightblade but honestly the invisibility is underwhelming in this game and there really isn't anything else that is very spectacular about the class. I think if it functioned properly and they reworked some of the abilities it could be a lot of fun, but I have lost patience with waiting for that to happen.
    :trollin:
  • Cazic
    Cazic
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I only ever played the same character (Apart from trying out a few at first)
    I answered " I only ever played the same character (Apart from trying out a few at first)" but just because I'm only at VR 2 so far and it's the only character I've really played. I think once I get to VR14 I would create an alt.
  • Evandus
    Evandus
    ✭✭✭✭
    I play multiple characters, but I skip cadwell's silver/gold on alts and just grind or PvP
    My main, and one of my alts is V7 currently. My main is doing the progression as it's been laid out for the most part. I did however spend two days (roughly 3 hours each) with him grinding because I was super annoyed at my progress. On top of being super annoyed at feeling forced to grind for opposing factions. For me it was try the Craglorn grind or unsub. He's been at it for a month and a half now, when I can force myself to log into him and do it and he just got to Malbal Tor.

Funny thing is that my first alt hit V7 in 2 days on my days off grinding in Craglorn. Only reason I didn't stay to V12 is that I got bored. However, I have a new V1 Templar, and my Crafter who will hit V1 soon wether I like it or not soon. I absolutely will grind them to V12 and then go back for skyshards/achievements/Cadwell's when I can stand it. I only get about 12-17 FPS in Cyrodiil. After multiple attempts at breaking into PVP, I've given up. It's too damn frustrating being killed over and over and not seeing what happened.

The grind they have setup to reach max level is ridiculous imo. Couple that with having to aid opposing factions and it graduates to insane. Not doing it with all my characters. I will do it with my main just so I can see the content. Otherwise I couldn't care less about AD/EP.
  • Pallmor
    Pallmor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I would like to play multiple characters, but I don't want to repeat the faction stories/zones
    As slow as I play, the thought of having to level up multiple multiple alts to VR14 just to play in different factions is a nightmare.
    Edited by Pallmor on October 1, 2014 6:39PM
  • Rodario
    Rodario
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    While reading the answers I have realized the poll's choices were suboptimal. I will create a new one in the same spirit, but with vastly improved choices and phrasing in a little while (once this one has been deleted)
    Victoria Lux - Templar Tank
    {EU/DC}
  • pirate3
    pirate3
    ✭✭✭
    Cheese
    Cheese, but not the blue kind. I'm not hardcore like that.
  • Kalann_Pander
    Kalann_Pander
    ✭✭✭
    Other
    Currently : 2 active characters + 6 Hireling / Bag space alts.
    Considering 1 - 2 additional active chars later on, when I've retired the first two.
    Opinions are like buttholes : Everybody has one, and they usually stink.

3 things to reduce stamina/magicka imbalance :
    - Use magicka to block abilities costing magicka, instead of stamina.
    - Add % damage reduction to heavy armor.
    - Add block penetration to 2H.
  • ZOS_UlyssesW
    ZOS_UlyssesW
    ✭✭✭
    Hi folks.
    As everyone seems to be enjoying this thread, we will leave it open, however Rodario is in the process of rewriting the poll with better choices. As such we will sink this thread, so that everyone can still continue the conversation if they wish. So keep an eye out for the new thread when it is posted!
    The Elder Scrolls Online: Tamriel Unlimited - ZeniMax Online Studios
    Facebook | Twitter | Google+ | Tumblr | Pinterest | YouTube | ESO Knowledge Base
    Staff Post
  • Lionxoft
    Lionxoft
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hi folks.
    As everyone seems to be enjoying this thread, we will leave it open, however Rodario is in the process of rewriting the poll with better choices. As such we will sink this thread, so that everyone can still continue the conversation if they wish. So keep an eye out for the new thread when it is posted!

What's wrong with the current choices?

Edit: Ya know what? Nevermind. I don't want to know.
    Edited by Lionxoft on October 1, 2014 7:37PM
  • Pmarsico9
    Pmarsico9
    ✭✭✭✭
    Cheese
    I see no point besides mules. With that said, the only thing that adds replayability for 1-VR14 is doing it with a different class and you can argue that the class skill lines should simply be skill lines available.

Want a Draconic Blood/Restoring Light/Daedric Summoner? You got it.

Don't understand why they did that. There's two healing trees total and one is locked to single class..........

There's cookie cutter builds anyway and now they are limited to DK's and Nightblades for DPS.............The active ability cap of 5 is what limits you, there's no reason for classes and therefore, aside from RP and race preferences, no reason for Alts.
  • Artis
    Artis
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Other
    I would love to play more characters, but leveling is too long and boring : both grind and doing quests again. Besides, achievements/mount/craft are not account-wide, which restricts me even more.

Please, make those things account-wide.
  • SantieClaws
    SantieClaws
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Other
    I have a main at vr6 and 6 other alts ranging from 41 to 6. I play whichever one l feel like.
    Shunrr's Skooma Oasis - The Movie. A housing video like no other ...
    Find it here - https://youtube.com/user/wenxue2222

Clan Claws - now recruiting khajiit and like minded others for parties, fishing and other khajiit stuff. Contact this one for an invite.

PAWS (Positively Against Wrip-off Stuff) - Say No to Crown Crates!

https://www.imperialtradingcompany.eu/