Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – March 26, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• [COMPLETE] PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – March 26, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Post your RAM Use

Thralgaf
Thralgaf
✭✭✭
Players,
I am curious about something, and perhaps this will satisfy my curiosity. When I log in to the game and begin playing, my RAM use is about 1.7 gigs. Without fail, after about 15 minutes of playing, it shoots to 3.17 gigs. This is not an incremental push, it jumps 2 gigs. if some fo you don't mind, would you monitor your use and post it here? Thanks.
Edited by Thralgaf on September 29, 2014 4:14PM
  • Thechemicals
    Thechemicals
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    How much total ram do you have?
    Vr14 Templar since release- dual resto
    Vr14 Dk bow/2h

Brayan Blackthunder
    Goddick
    Daggerfall Covenant

• Thralgaf
    Thralgaf
    ✭✭✭

I have plenty. That's not really my issue. let's just stick to the purpose of the thread if you don't mind.
  • Thechemicals
    Thechemicals
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Thralgaf wrote: »

I have plenty. That's not really my issue. let's just stick to the purpose of the thread if you don't mind.

id like to know though.
    Vr14 Dk bow/2h

Brayan Blackthunder
    Goddick
    Daggerfall Covenant

• DuelWieldingCheesyPoofs
    How much should be enough?
  • Thralgaf
    Thralgaf
    ✭✭✭
    I have 8 gigs. Again, can you guys just post your RAM usage when you log in, and roughly 10-15 minutes of playing? Please? Can we stay on target here?
  • Thechemicals
    Thechemicals
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    inspiral1 wrote: »
    How much should be enough?

8gb is okay...16gb is better.

Vr14 Dk bow/2h

Brayan Blackthunder
    Goddick
    Daggerfall Covenant

• Thechemicals
    Thechemicals
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    How much total ram does everyone else have? Also do you crash often or have problems?
    Vr14 Dk bow/2h

Brayan Blackthunder
    Goddick
    Daggerfall Covenant

Is that 8 gigs of video ram? Apparently there is a difference, i dnt understand i think mine is 6 but then there is another number which i dnt know what that one is, its all very confusing.
  • Thralgaf
    Thralgaf
    ✭✭✭
    How much total ram does everyone else have? Also do you crash often or have problems?

Thanks for derailing my thread. I appreciate it. There was a purpose, to see if other folks are experiencing a large spike after a certain time of playing.
  • Thechemicals
    Thechemicals
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Thralgaf wrote: »

Thanks for derailing my thread. I appreciate it. There was a purpose, to see if other folks are experiencing a large spike after a certain time of playing.

Chill, im at work so cant login. I wont forget you but we need some fluff to talk about inbetween.
    Vr14 Dk bow/2h

Brayan Blackthunder
    Goddick
    Daggerfall Covenant

My fan goes nuts recently, only when playing eso, dnt know what that about still can figure it out.
    I crash alot in pve too it bums me out.
  • Thralgaf
    Thralgaf
    ✭✭✭
    My God.
  • Thechemicals
    Thechemicals
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yeah crashes suck. Ive got 16gb ram and an intel 1.7 with a 765gt and my cyrodiil fps is like 100fps....then 21fps....then 8fps...then crash.

Anyone else have similar specs?
    Edited by Thechemicals on September 29, 2014 4:28PM
    Vr14 Dk bow/2h

Brayan Blackthunder
    Goddick
    Daggerfall Covenant

Only got icore 5

and 7850 gfx card

runs at 70-100 fps in pve and pvp like 1fps, crash boom bang.

its all very confusing, i thought my pc would be okie in pvp if its okie in pve, exception to recent crashes.

i just dnt know what's going on anymore.
  • Thralgaf
    Thralgaf
    ✭✭✭
    inspiral1 wrote: »
    Only got icore 5

and 7850 gfx card

runs at 70-100 fps in pve and pvp like 1fps, crash boom bang.

its all very confusing, i thought my pc would be okie in pvp if its okie in pve, exception to recent crashes.

i just dnt know what's going on anymore.

Which is why I started this thread, and why I want people to post their RAM use.
    How do i do it?

• Thralgaf
    Thralgaf
    ✭✭✭
    @ZOS_GinaBruno
    Gina, if you don't mind, go ahead and lock/delete this thread, not serving it's purpose.
    Edited by Thralgaf on September 29, 2014 4:39PM
  • Resueht
    Resueht
    ✭✭✭
    I have 16GB DDR3 and 3GB (iirc; away from rig) of VRAM. My RAM usage goes up to about 4.5 when I'm playing but what I'm not sure why you are asking about this. RAM usage doesn't really affect your play unless you are bumping up against your limit.

My CPU and GPU go nuts in the Harborage for some reason. They hum along nicely everywhere else but as soon as I get to the Harborage, my fans spin up to max. Not sure why that place is so intense.
    If she doesn't know the pain of cliffracers, she's too young for you.
  • driosketch
    driosketch
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    It's about the same for me last time I checked.

It looks like the 32-bit program is trying to use up the maximum addressable RAM, but I don't know if this is typical.
    Edited by driosketch on September 29, 2014 4:46PM
    Main: Drio Azul ~ DC, Redguard, Healer/Magicka Templar ~ NA-PC
    ●The Psijic Order●The Sidekick Order●Great House Hlaalu●Bal-Busters●
  • Thechemicals
    Thechemicals
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    it can be a problem if there is a memory leak. The ram will go up and up until you crash.
    Vr14 Dk bow/2h

Brayan Blackthunder
    Goddick
    Daggerfall Covenant

• Thechemicals
    Thechemicals
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I remember the problem with the whole cpu and ram thing was that this game isnt running on 64bit.
    Vr14 Dk bow/2h

Brayan Blackthunder
    Goddick
    Daggerfall Covenant

• Elf_Boy
    Elf_Boy
    ✭✭✭
    I have 24 gb. And once I start playing I can let you know how mem usage goes.
    ** Asus Crosshair VI Hero, Ryzen 1800x, 64GB DDR4 @ 3000, GTX 1080 ti, 4K Samsung 3d Display m.2 Sata 3 Boot Drive, m.2 x4 nvme Game Drive **
  • Elf_Boy
    Elf_Boy
    ✭✭✭
    Upon Landing 1.433 GB

5-10 later 1.5 gb

** Asus Crosshair VI Hero, Ryzen 1800x, 64GB DDR4 @ 3000, GTX 1080 ti, 4K Samsung 3d Display m.2 Sata 3 Boot Drive, m.2 x4 nvme Game Drive **
  • Thechemicals
    Thechemicals
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hey i tested it and the same thing happened to me. Didnt change any performance but yeah! Told ya i wouldnt leave you high and dry. I want to 3.42
    Vr14 Dk bow/2h

Brayan Blackthunder
    Goddick
    Daggerfall Covenant

• tplink3r1
    tplink3r1
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    VRAM usage is normaly around 1.8~2GB and 1,7GB of RAM usage.
    VR16 Templar
    VR3 Sorcerer
  • Elf_Boy
    Elf_Boy
    ✭✭✭
    I have never witnessed the game go over 2 gigs on my system. I have watched the vram go over 3.5.

• Elf_Boy
    Elf_Boy
    ✭✭✭
    Do you want for me to post any other ram info?
  • argreen86cub18_ESO
    argreen86cub18_ESO
    Soul Shriven
    Starting Ram Usage: 1.4gb
    10-15 Minutes after: 5.8-6gb

The jump happens for no reason and has been an issue since the last patch. It usually only crashes me out when I get close to a bunch of NPCs. Standard players don't see to effect it like NPCs do. Anyone happen to know a fix to this?