Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – March 26, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• [COMPLETE] PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – March 26, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

What actually happens over here!?

Grim13
Grim13
✭✭✭✭✭
..because the patches being released clearly cannot have been tested.
  • Curragraigue
    Curragraigue
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Let me guess, someone stole your sweetroll.
    PUG Life - the true test of your skill

18 characters, 17 max level, at least 1 Stam and 1 Mag of every class, 1 of every race and 1200+ CP

Tanked to Undaunted 9+ Mag and Stam of every class using Group Finder for 90+% of the Vet Dungeon runs
  • PBpsy
    PBpsy
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Mostly lollygagging.
    ESO forums achievements
    Proud fanboi
    Elitist jerk
    Troll
    Hater
    Fan of icontested(rainbow colors granted)
  • Sunrock
    Sunrock
    ✭✭✭
    We report a bunch of bugs that never got fixed before it goes live, is what happens. I was quite disappointed to see several annoying bugs was not removed my self that I personally /bug.

PS: If you don't play on the PTS your self. Don't blame any other players for the bugs. "You either have to be part of the solution, or you're going to be part of the problem"... -Eldridge Cleaver
    Edited by Sunrock on September 18, 2014 1:30PM
  • Grim13
    Grim13
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Sunrock wrote: »
    We report a bunch of bugs that never got fixed before it goes live, is what happens. I was quite disappointed to see several annoying bugs was not removed my self that I personally /bug.

PS: If you don't play on the PTS your self. Don't blame any other players for the bugs. "You either have to be part of the solution, or you're going to be part of the problem"... -Eldridge Cleaver

Oh, I'm in no way blaming the players... it just boggles my mind that the pts exists... and the patches still break more than they fix.

I don't understand why ZOS has this in place if they're not actually going to use it for it's intended purpose!
  • SirAndy
    SirAndy
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Grim13 wrote: »
    I don't understand why ZOS has this in place if they're not actually going to use it for it's intended purpose!
    Frankly, i've been on the PTS since the day it was brought online last year and it never felt like ZOS was taking our testing there seriously.
    The majority of my PTS bug reports were never addressed.

Fun trivia: The client we had been testing on PTS for the last 3 weeks before launch *never* made it to LIVE.

ZOS decided to go live with a client version we had never even seen on the PTS.
    dry.gif
  • Grim13
    Grim13
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    SirAndy wrote: »
    Frankly, i've been on the PTS since the day it was brought online last year and it never felt like ZOS was taking our testing there seriously.
    The majority of my PTS bug reports were never addressed.

Fun trivia: The client we had been testing on PTS for the last 3 weeks before launch *never* made it to LIVE.

ZOS decided to go live with a client version we had never even seen on the PTS.
    dry.gif

See, that's exactly what I don't understand.

Put patch 1.4.1 and 1.4.2 on the PTS... but not 1.4.3... which is clearly an absolute mess of a patch that would've have taken minimal effort to recognise the amount of broken in it...

ZOS are either very poorly managed, are recklessly understaffed, or incompetent across the board...
  • JoeCapricorn
    JoeCapricorn
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    If you want to make a difference about it and you're not already playing on the PTS then join the PTS party and do so!

Not all bugs can be fixed right away (though some can and ought to have).

Finally, the reason it seems like a whole bunch of bugs slipped through the cracks, even the ones where PTS testers reported with /bug, is because there is a WHOLE lot more people playing on the main server and the bugs are more readily found by a higher population.

So, if you really want bugs to be readily found while the patch is still on the PTS, join in the PTS (it's a separate client so you don't have to worry about your main game getting dingdonged, just be sure to have the hard drive space since it is an entire second copy of Elder Scrolls Online). The more people on the PTS the more readily bugs are reported and likely fixed.

Personally I've only seen one bug, and that was the crafting UI bug, from 1.4, and they smashed it like it was a piece of butter underneath a toppling tower of Iron ingots.
    I simp for vampire lords and Glemyos Wildhorn
  • Jaxsun
    Jaxsun
    ✭✭✭✭
    ZOS are either very poorly managed, are recklessly understaffed, or incompetent across the board...[/quote]

All 3......
  • Grim13
    Grim13
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    If you want to make a difference about it and you're not already playing on the PTS then join the PTS party and do so!

Not all bugs can be fixed right away (though some can and ought to have).

Finally, the reason it seems like a whole bunch of bugs slipped through the cracks, even the ones where PTS testers reported with /bug, is because there is a WHOLE lot more people playing on the main server and the bugs are more readily found by a higher population.

So, if you really want bugs to be readily found while the patch is still on the PTS, join in the PTS (it's a separate client so you don't have to worry about your main game getting dingdonged, just be sure to have the hard drive space since it is an entire second copy of Elder Scrolls Online). The more people on the PTS the more readily bugs are reported and likely fixed.

Personally I've only seen one bug, and that was the crafting UI bug, from 1.4, and they smashed it like it was a piece of butter underneath a toppling tower of Iron ingots.

You know, I downloaded the PTS thinking I'd do just that... but then the maniacs had me download, essentially, an entire other copy of ESO!!!

I quickly decided I'd rather not waste disk space by having two slightly differing versions of ESO on my hard drive.

Surely, there must be some way to apply the patch with some form of toggle rather than needing to download an entire other bloody copy of the game!!!

SMH
    Edited by Grim13 on September 20, 2014 4:06AM
  • jircris11
    jircris11
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Erm that right there is you blaming the players on the PTS. Just because we report them does not mean the devs will fix them.
    IGN: Ki'rah
    Khajiit/Vampire
    DC/AD faction/NA server.
    RPer
  • Grim13
    Grim13
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    jircris11 wrote: »

Erm that right there is you blaming the players on the PTS. Just because we report them does not mean the devs will fix them.

L2R

Learn to read.
  • Elsonso
    Elsonso
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    You know, I downloaded the PTS thinking I'd do just that... but then the maniacs had me download, essentially, an entire other copy of ESO!!!

I quickly decided I'd rather not waste disk space by having two slightly differing versions of ESO on my hard drive.

Surely, there must be some way to apply the patch with some form of toggle rather than needing to download an entire other bloody copy of the game!!!

SMH

Nope. The only reliable way to do it is a completely separate installation.
    PC NA/EU: @Elsonso
    XBox EU/NA: @ElsonsoJannus
    X/Twitter: ElsonsoJannus
  • reften
    reften
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    it's pressure from the execs at zos to deliver more content now vs. I'm sure what developers want (more testing, fixing...i.e. more time)

Fact is - When a new patch goes live, people who left, come back to renew their subs for another month to check out what's new....more-so than the # of people who quit.

If you were running a company, what would you do?
    Edited by reften on September 29, 2014 1:09PM
    Reften
    Bosmer (Wood Elf)
    Moonlight Crew (RIP), Misfitz (RIP), Victorem Guild

VR16 NB, Stam build, Max all crafts.

Azuras & Trueflame. Mostly PvP, No alts.

Semi-retired till the lag is fixed.

Love the Packers, Bourbon, and ESO...one of those will eventually kill me.