The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

Freezing in Cyrodiil

Azarul
Azarul
✭✭✭✭
I haven't really ever had any problems since launch in Cyrodiil, however just tonight I am having all kinds of problems. First and foremost is the freezing. Ever 30 seconds - 1 minute I will completely freeze for 3-5 seconds then continue on. Very frustrating. Also I seem to go from 50 FPS to 2 FPS for no reason at all even just in a 1v1 battle. Then I had 3 desktop crashes also.

Very rough night for me. I haven't changed my computer at all. Any thoughts on what could of went wrong? Drivers and add-ons all up to date also.
  • ZOS_GaryA
    ZOS_GaryA
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hey there @Azarul,

The first thing to try in the case of a sudden problem like this is to repair the client. To do this, close the game and open up the ESO launcher. Above the news section, there is a button that says Game Options. Click on this and select Repair from the drop-down menu. Once the process completes, try hopping back into Cyrodiil and see if there's an improvement.

If not, the next thing to check is the new sliders that were added to the Video settings related to particle effects. These new sliders are an excellent way to solve FPS issues and intermittent crashes. Launch the game and select Settings on the main menu and enter the Video section. The sliders are titled Maximum Particle Systems and Particle Suppression Distance. Try lowering each a bit and see if the performance improves.

If neither of these steps help with your experience in Cyrodiil, let us know and we'll be happy to continue helping.
    The Elder Scrolls Online: Tamriel Unlimited - ZeniMax Online Studios
    Facebook | Twitter | Google+ | Tumblr | Pinterest | YouTube | ESO Knowledge Base
    Staff Post