The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• [COMPLETE] Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• [COMPLETE] PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Templars need a nerf!

Laura
Laura
✭✭✭✭✭
They are way too strong and I can't beat them, they solo things they have no business soloing and take no skill to play.

*pssst* (whispers softly to all the templars) - "ZoS works in perpetual opposite day if you demand nerfs they will get buffs" - your friendly neighborhood sorcerer

Also please do not fix night blade abilities and passives they are good enough without them.

/ducks and hides
  • Nox_Aeterna
    Nox_Aeterna
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hehehe

Honestly , i think they work in random directions more than in opposites :P.

Still , i thank you for trying to help the templars.
    "Never attribute to malice that which is adequately explained by stupidity."
    -Hanlon's razor
  • Natjur
    Natjur
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I got 9 days on my sub to go, leveled a new sorc from 1 to 40 today..... wow, so much easier, why did I want to play the underdog Templar!

Its was fun (Templar) until the last patch, I am going to miss him.
    Edited by Natjur on May 29, 2014 9:12PM
  • ZiRM
    ZiRM
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    DK's need NERFing badly, worse than Temps.
    Want to become Vampire? 5k @ZiRM in game.
    ESO Server Status. ( ^_^)o自自o(^_^ ) SkåL!!!!!
  • makreth
    makreth
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    nerf @laura,

problem solved if you get my point :smile:
  • Nox_Aeterna
    Nox_Aeterna
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Natjur wrote: »
    I got 9 days on my sub to go, leveled a new sorc from 1 to 40 today..... wow, so much easier, why did I want to play the underdog Templar!

Its was fun (Templar) until the last patch, I am going to miss him.

hehe kudos to you mate.

I have 10 days myself , still , i have no intention of relvling another class just because they messed mine up.
    "Never attribute to malice that which is adequately explained by stupidity."
    -Hanlon's razor
  • JoyEnergiser
    JoyEnergiser
    ✭✭
    Dunno hey, I rolled a templar because they can heal, and in pvp they the best at it.

*shrugs*
  • Hakurei
    Hakurei
    OMG! spear shards just one(s)hits whole groups please nerf !
    Ebonheart Templar V12 :s
  • Armitas
    Armitas
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Laura wrote: »
    They are way too strong and I can't beat them, they solo things they have no business soloing and take no skill to play.

*pssst* (whispers softly to all the templars) - "ZoS works in perpetual opposite day if you demand nerfs they will get buffs" - your friendly neighborhood sorcerer

Also please do not fix night blade abilities and passives they are good enough without them.

/ducks and hides

To truly participate in opposite day, one must do the opposite of opposite day which in fact makes it appear to be normal day even though it's not a normal day but in fact is opposite day. What if every day was actually opposite day, but we have been participating in "normal day" so long that we have forgotten that everyday is actually opposite day and instead have come to believe that every day was normal day.
    Edited by Armitas on May 30, 2014 3:12PM
    Retired.
    Nord mDK
  • Travail
    Travail
    ✭✭✭
    Bots chose to play Templars, and apparently it is ZOS's policy to nerf the class the bots play until they find it unappealing.

So... Wildstar, anyone? Servers open at 1am, there's still probaly time to pre-order. :P

-Travail.
    www.obsidianbrotherhood.com
  • Armitas
    Armitas
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Travail wrote: »
    Bots chose to play Templars, and apparently it is ZOS's policy to nerf the class the bots play until they find it unappealing.

So... Wildstar, anyone? Servers open at 1am, there's still probaly time to pre-order. :P

-Travail.

Go to google and search "buy gold wildstar". Don't click any links because they may be unsafe. You will see that the bots and gold spammers have already set up shop for Wildstar. It will likely start with just as many bugs, exploits, and OP classes if not more. Wildstar will be starting from day one without the benefit of 2months of fixes, balances, and bot countermeasures.

If you go to the popular exploit sites they even have several hacks for Wildstar. including...
    SuperFly
    SpeedHack (any speed possible, does not speed up other things)
    JumpHeight
    InfiniteDash
    Teleportation
    Object Tracking

Zos will fix it, it's only a matter of time.
    Edited by Armitas on May 31, 2014 12:45PM
    Retired.
    Nord mDK
  • Laura
    Laura
    ✭✭✭✭✭

i'll quit mmos before I play wildstar. I have kids I get enough disney/pixar in my life.

That's not to say anything is wrong with someone who does like it - but for me it makes me want to gouge my eyes out.
    Edited by Laura on May 31, 2014 2:51PM
  • RangerChad
    RangerChad
    ✭✭✭
    I think Templar should be nerfed because they can take on more than one trash mob. It's a little discerning when a class can take on 1/10th of the mobs I can, even if it means they nearly die taking on 3 mobs, that's way too close to my 10-20 mob solo pulls, and it would be very bad if they could do 5.
    Edited by RangerChad on May 31, 2014 7:00PM
  • patrykplawskib16_ESO
    NiRN wrote: »
    DK's need NERFing badly, worse than Temps.
    No they don't either your dum and don't understand how DK's are OP or your trolling.
    Dunmer Master Race
  • Shaun98ca2
    Shaun98ca2
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Speaking of Templars was there a weird delay added to Breath of Life recently. My last dungeon run felt ...off, as I only get to run dungeons VERY rarely.
  • Frinkles
    Frinkles
    ✭✭
    This is is so true OP you got it quite in the head. I saw a templar killing someone the other day. That is outrageous! Using the light to kill someone!? Could something be more lore-breaking, and unbalanced?

I propose ZOS replaces all offensive class skills templars have with something more templar-ish, like dances, or kittens, everyone likes kittens. Add certain absolutely useful buffs to keep them competitive in PvP and PvE alike, like +5% gold coins from kills, or +2% loor drop chance for uncommon green item.
  • Shaun98ca2
    Shaun98ca2
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Frinkles wrote: »
    This is is so true OP you got it quite in the head. I saw a templar killing someone the other day. That is outrageous! Using the light to kill someone!? Could something be more lore-breaking, and unbalanced?

I propose ZOS replaces all offensive class skills templars have with something more templar-ish, like dances, or kittens, everyone likes kittens. Add certain absolutely useful buffs to keep them competitive in PvP and PvE alike, like +5% gold coins from kills, or +2% loor drop chance for uncommon green item.

If I have kittens can I throw them at the enemy for 5 scratch damage?
  • pecheckler
    pecheckler
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    As a templar i have to carefully pull a pack of 3 or 4 enemies and have no choice but to use volcanic rune and blazing shards to repeatedly stun enemies in order to stay alive.

All the while a dragon knight of any build can run into two or three of these packs and kill them all no risk of death, and only maybe have to use a standard.

And that example is simple PvE solo questing. When it comes to dungeons how the hell am I supposed to compete with a DK for a tank spot, or a sorcorer or DK for a damage dealer spot?

IT JUST DOESN'T HAPPEN.

Templars and night blades both need huge buffs and several skill re-works. Raw stats aside, the sorcerer and dragon knight's skills carry far more utility. CC, unlimited magicka, much MUCH higher sustainable DPS, and far more escape and survivability.

All templars gets is a oh-crap spammable heal and nightblades get a not-so-usefull escape.
    End the tedious inventory management game.
  • p_tsakirisb16_ESO
    p_tsakirisb16_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    10 days remaining for me to cancel. I am in no mood to level another character. I loved my Temp since beta.

Do not get me wrong, VR content with Templar was tough before shield & puncturing strikes nerf. But was OK.

However now is almost unplayable. Cannot kill 3 Dremora VR3 trash mobs to progress a damn quest. Every battle for more than 2 mobs, is simple a challenge. Is bigger challenge to go through the VR quests, than killing players in Cyrodiil. I have no problem against players, which is funny. Even if outnumbered 3 to 1 (and none of the others is a vampire).

I know how to utilise strafing (years in DAOC) and some good Templar abilities. But in PVE is stupid since the AI has faster reaction times than 95% of the players. And do not start me with the healing mobs.

Also respect twice (32000 gold in total) from the build I had no issue with from Level 1 to VR2 content.

Once with DW & 2H, 5 Heavy 2 Light. 5 Light 2 Heavy. Nothing.

Second tried destruction staff, full set light, even worst. Since I haven't levelled destruction staff which is in mid 20s, things are tough. And I DO NOT LIKE TO USE STAFF.

FYI A normal beetle, (hoarder?) at Shadowfen (VR3), hits for 298 per LIGHT ATTACK. With 3 of them, you have 894 damage per hit at 1100 AC. (5 light 2 heavy)

Dremora, are spamming heavy attacks for 675 EACH, while their silent blade hits for 800+. Against on same AC. Usually those are found in 2 to 3.

Without CC-dot (eg talons from DK), and the need to spam healing or javeling (puncturing strikes is useless now) , even the best potions I have cannot cut it through. (and I use 10% bonus healing set).

Someone said that the VR content is killing the game. And he is totally right.
    Should have left the level at 50. No further progression from PvE. Only skill points if you wish to do the other quest lines.
  • p_tsakirisb16_ESO
    p_tsakirisb16_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    pecheckler wrote: »
    Templars and night blades both need huge buffs and several skill re-works. Raw stats aside, the sorcerer and dragon knight's skills carry far more utility. CC, unlimited magicka, much MUCH higher sustainable DPS, and far more escape and survivability.

All templars gets is a oh-crap spammable heal and nightblades get a not-so-usefull escape.

I agree with you. However, my alt is an NB, and believe me doesn't need any buff to be a "tank". (Shield, Heavy armour). Is 5 times better than my Templar as tank now at VR content. While DK is an army of their own.

And I believe there might be a good build for Templar out there, but the damn respec is so expensive (even at 16000 per try), that experimenting is no go.

While using calculators, returns the completely wrong end results.
  • temjiu
    temjiu
    ✭✭✭✭

/ducks and hides

Your right. we are just too darned cute in armor! other classes are far too jealous of our pazaa. nerf goregous-templar-ness. we're so awesome our farts smell like cookies. This is far too much for one class to handle.

Ahm...to sexy for my armor...too sexy for my blade...a..a...a Ahm a Templar...you know what i mean....
  • MaxBat
    MaxBat
    ✭✭✭
    I wanted a break from my nightblade and decided to try something different. I went with a sword and shield Imperial templar. It's a damn challenge. I've tried to focus on the AS and DW, but at early levels I'm still getting knocked around like a rag doll. So I finally broke down and invested in RL Rushed Ceremony and Healing Ritual.

Yeah. Well, so there I am, on the damp plains of Bal Foyen, surrounded by three Daggers. My health was getting low and I was like, "Wow, nice time to test out the healing ritual ..."

My character immediately puts away her sword and begins to pray. Meanwhile, the Daggers started whacking away at her like sixth graders at a golf park. Of course, she died before the "ritual" was over.

I've been through the Templar skills a dozen times and I can't see anything to focus on that would give me a stronger fighting advantage. I welcome any suggestions on how to improve my character.
    Edited by MaxBat on June 4, 2014 4:54AM
    "Funny that magic doesn't work when a mace caves in your skull."

Playing on a PC, NA Server, since that very first day ...
  • nudel
    nudel
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Armitas wrote: »

/ducks and hides

To truly participate in opposite day, one must do the opposite of opposite day which in fact makes it appear to be normal day even though it's not a normal day but in fact is opposite day. What if every day was actually opposite day, but we have been participating in "normal day" so long that we have forgotten that everyday is actually opposite day and instead have come to believe that every day was normal day.

mind=blown
  • Cendyen
    Cendyen
    Soul Shriven
    My poor templar made it to VR6. Sure it was slow, trial and error, and lotsa deaths. I figured that was normal. A little more difficult than some previous MMO's I've played. Liked the challenge. Once I got to the Veteran Ranks, it slowed even more. More challenge. It's all good. I chugged through it. Slow and steady wins the race, right?

Invested time in leveling, Invested in Tradeskills (I'm sure that's one downfall adding to the challenge), 50 Clothing, 50 Provisioning, 50, Alchemy, 45 Woodworking, 44 Blacksmithing, 24 Enchanting... So yeah, lots invested there.

Then, 1.1.1 hit or 1.1.0 or whatever it was, stopped dead in my tracks. I find myself needing to hide from mobs of more than 1 at a time. If I run into two or more without an ultimate ready, I may as well step away from the keyboard and grab a soda, because it means insta-death.

Mob difficulty 'reverted to normal' but still, nope, no better. I have zero chance to solo ... solo quests.

So, I figured okay, maybe with a patch or two I should be up and running again. Nope.. no such luck. Still deadlocked.

So I leveled up a Nightblade to VR3 in a matter of days. HOLY CRAP, I steamrolled everything. And to change things up, continued on with a sorcerer I started originally. and that's steamrolling everything also so far (I know, pre VR, but still), and still way easier than my templar was.

Now, I'm not calling for nerfs on NB or Sorcerer, but Templar needs to be brought back up. I've tried, Sword and Board, Dual Weild, and hell even threw in Bow to mix it up a bit hoping for an edge. Absolutely nothing works here for me. Sure I should upgrade some of my gear, as most of it is VR5-VR6 Blue/Green, but seriously I shouldn't have to run around in Purple/Orange to handle solo quests, only to have to make more as soon as I level up again. Personally the class feels dismally weak in PvE. I'm not a PvPer, never have been. but this feels like someone cried loudly enough in PvP to kill my PvE.

I personally feel like the mob difficulty is still ratched up a bit atleast post VR5, VR2 mobs go down reasonably enough for my NB.

I'd like to progress my Templar. Please for the love of god, make that happen.
  • Nidwin
    Nidwin
    ✭✭✭
    MaxBat wrote: »
    Yeah. Well, so there I am, on the damp plains of Bal Foyen, surrounded by three Daggers. My health was getting low and I was like, "Wow, nice time to test out the healing ritual ..."

My character immediately puts away her sword and begins to pray. Meanwhile, the Daggers started whacking away at her like sixth graders at a golf park. Of course, she died before the "ritual" was over.

This made me chuckle and brought back some TESO newbie memories. Thanks mate.

From your other post you're only level 8 and that's not the moment the Templar starts to shine. We just need more levels and especially more skills.

DK's, Sorcs and NB's (single target) are just brutal dpsers if playing in easy mode. Templars, because we need often a bit more time to kill stuff, should be played with a little bit of "finesse" in solo mode.

I'm 2-handed sword (for the awesome look) so for the S&B I'll let others help you out.

My advice, take it or leave it but that's how I'll level my 2nd Templar soon or later

Ultimate
    Radial Sweep <morph> Crescent Sweep (cheap ultimate and builds fast when specced for it)

Sun Fire <morph> Reflective Light (asap, farm/grind for it for the morph) It's great to pull packs of 3 from some distance and spam it till contact.

Solar Flare <morph> Solar Barrage (cheap melee aoe once in contact, just don't forget to block while spamming it. And one of the best Ultimate builders we have for packs of 3 mobs once passive Prism unlocked)

Rushed Ceremony <morph> Breath Of Life (if you only solo/dps that's the only healing skill you'll need)

Piercing Javelin <morph> Blinding Javelin (for your single target CC)

Later on I would still go with 2-Handed sword for.

1. Uppercut <morph> (no idea as it's mainly for the CC) to replace Blinding Javelin to avoid having only Magicka skills. Magicka management can be a pain sometimes.
    2. Cleave <morph> Carve as stamina Ultimate builder.

Between level 15-20 put your hands on 2 rings + focus from the Warlock set. Pay for it if needed. Till I'm able to put my hands on the Vet versions they'll still remain slotted.

Don't be afraid to experiment with other stuff but don't become another Biting Jabs spammer. Biting Jabs just doesn't work out well at Higher levels and vet ranks. Templar is often a mix of melee and range kiting while not being afraid to take a good chunk of damage sometimes. Breath of Life is the reason while we can soak some damage and shouldn't be afraid of it.

Good luck mate but I've the feeling DK is what you really want.
    Nidwinqq Templar (healzzz) United Warhammer Vets
    Nidwinqq RR100 Magus till the end, R.I.P. Badlands
  • Nicko_Lps
    Nicko_Lps
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    As a templar i have to carefully pull a pack of 3 or 4 enemies and have no choice but to use volcanic rune and blazing shards to repeatedly stun enemies in order to stay alive.

All the while a dragon knight of any build can run into two or three of these packs and kill them all no risk of death, and only maybe have to use a standard.

And that example is simple PvE solo questing. When it comes to dungeons how the hell am I supposed to compete with a DK for a tank spot, or a sorcorer or DK for a damage dealer spot?

IT JUST DOESN'T HAPPEN.

If you cant learn how to play your class ask someone to show you what they do on pvp or look at ur damn AA list best time how many templars are that group.

Conclusion#1: strong on pve undead on pvp
    Conclusion#2: learn to play your class.
  • Yusuf
    Yusuf
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    you just jealous of my bolt-escaping swagger
  • GwaynLoki
    GwaynLoki
    ✭✭✭
    I am not going to throw myself into the Op - UP debate, just going to give a viable templar build which I used for PvE. Soloing Dolmens, public dungeons and WBs. I am not going to answer any "but that's not how I want to play"-comments since this build is simply for those who are desperate and want to be successful with their templar in PvE. I do not in "own" this build in any way, I took it from this guy http://tamrielfoundry.com/topic/httpswww-youtube-comwatchvzlwrgy041lw/ and modified it a bit for PvE and non-vampire gameplay.

Build:
    http://www.esohead.com/calculator/skills#momz9Mk9o8b0jf8bznQ8bzvj8Lxkn8frrK8b0pY8hesI8bzno8ffqh8rFTl8frrK8ffdx8N7JLDG6LDM6LDu6LDT6bDm8j7zrUM8n7xrWZ6LWQ6bW38v7CranS8P7mrdYf8zk7zzvKVv8zf7zzNbo8zu7zzHfYE6zHfZd8zG7zzHQ3F8zI7zzJIoX6zJIkL8zN7zzJZcY8zA7zzKpUN8zL7zzK4EX

On occasions I switch the Sweep ultimate for Solar Disturbance and the Toppling Charge for Harness Magicka (against multiple casters). The spear generates nice ultimate and can proc the Burning Light passive for even more ulti. For WBs that do a ton of dmg in melee, switch to staff and use Binding Javelin, all WBs I wasn't able to melee were cc-able so that should be no problem.
    Use the full seducer set (and if you can, get your hands on some warlock gear or anything that increases magicka and magicka regen). Torug's Pact for bar one, Sword and Board.
  • Tankqull
    Tankqull
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Nicko_Lps wrote: »

IT JUST DOESN'T HAPPEN.

If you cant learn how to play your class ask someone to show you what they do on pvp or look at ur damn AA list best time how many templars are that group.

Conclusion#1: strong on pve undead on pvp
    Conclusion#2: learn to play your class.

Conclusion #3: when necroing a nearly 3 month old thread be sure to have the situation in mind of that time...
    Edited by Tankqull on September 28, 2014 10:45AM
    spelling and grammar errors are free to be abused

Sallington wrote: »
    Anything useful that players are wanting added into the game all fall under the category of "Yer ruinin my 'mersion!"