The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

One Hand Weapon passives.

Endek
Endek
✭✭✭
Hi all,

Can some one please tell me or link me to a thread that explains what the passive benefits are for one handed weapons?

Axe:- ?
Hammer :- ?
Sword:- ?
Dagger:- ?

Many thanks.
  • AlexDougherty
    AlexDougherty
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Well if you mean the passives you invest skill points into, then the one handed and shield skill line has none for the weapons, but the dual weild skill line does.

/Dual+Wield+Skills
    Dual Wield Expert increases offhand weapon damage.
    Twin Blade and Blunt gives bleeding Damage, and extra damage keyed to what you are using.

If you just mean the weapons themselves, I believe the dagger is slightly faster than the Sword/Axe/Hammer (aka mace?), which themselves are faster than the Greatsword/Greataxe/Maul.
    People believe what they either want to be true or what they are afraid is true!
    Wizard's first rule
    Passion rules reason
    Wizard's third rule
    Mind what people Do, not what they say, for actions betray a lie.
    Wizard's fifth rule
    Willfully turning aside from the truth is treason to one's self
    Wizard's tenth rule
  • Endek
    Endek
    ✭✭✭
    Thx AlexDougherty, yeah, I was more referring to the one hand weapons themselves.

Just wanted to know if there was any feature/benefit directly related to the actual weapon... For example, Axe = extra damage, Sword = extra crit, Hammer = extra armor damage, dagger = extra speed... or is it all just cosmetic preference for one hand weapons?
  • AlexDougherty
    AlexDougherty
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Endek wrote: »
    Thx AlexDougherty, yeah, I was more referring to the one hand weapons themselves.

Just wanted to know if there was any feature/benefit directly related to the actual weapon... For example, Axe = extra damage, Sword = extra crit, Hammer = extra armor damage, dagger = extra speed... or is it all just cosmetic preference for one hand weapons?

Just cosmetic, they do the same damage at the same speed. Apart from Daggers being slightly quicker.
    People believe what they either want to be true or what they are afraid is true!
    Wizard's first rule
    Passion rules reason
    Wizard's third rule
    Mind what people Do, not what they say, for actions betray a lie.
    Wizard's fifth rule
    Willfully turning aside from the truth is treason to one's self
    Wizard's tenth rule
  • Endek
    Endek
    ✭✭✭
    Just cosmetic, they do the same damage at the same speed. Apart from Daggers being slightly quicker.
    Thankyou.

• Srugzal
    Srugzal
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Endek wrote: »

You can give a weapon some of these attributes using traits and enchants. For instance, use Weighted for extra speed, Precise for extra weapon/spell crit, a Crushing glyph for extra armor damage or a Flame glyph to proc extra flame damage.

But no, none of these are weapon specific. It would be nice to have a poison dagger glyph, for instance...