Maintenance for the week of April 15:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – April 15
• ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – April 16, 8:00AM EDT (12:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
The issue is resolved, and the North American PC/Mac megaserver is now available. Thank you for your patience!

Scalding Rune

jovial
jovial
✭✭
I'd love an official reply on this. I see a lot of players spam Scalding Rune (it's every second cast in their rotation, long before the DoT would have expired). It seems to be stacking with itself or behaving in a way FAR from what the tooltip would suggest.

Is this a bug?
  • Divinetouch
    Bump, we still would like to know and waiting for an official reply.
  • kkravaritieb17_ESO
    kkravaritieb17_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭
    I dont think it stacks. The dot is very small and we use it in our rotation because the initial fire damage is very good and for trials and mobs that cant be cc'ed its a better option than volcanic rune. Still if someone can offer some proof that the dot stacks feel free to share it.
    Member of the glorious Zerg Squad
    Rip Banana Squad

Lheneth -- Sorc PvP Rank 31
    Ellynna -- Templar PvP Rank 50 (No Bleaker's roleplaying involved)
    Smellynna -- Templar PvP Rank 28
    and many other chars

• ErilAq
    ErilAq
    ✭✭✭
    I have never noticed the stacking DoT, but I never really looked closely tbh, I just like the damage upfront, and like the poster above me, adds that can't be cc'd or accidental pulls keep me away from volcanic
    Internet armchair warriors attack! Yayayayayayaaaaaah!!!!
  • jovial
    jovial
    ✭✭
    Look at any video of DK's pushing over 1.2k DPS (yes, those numbers are possible even post-ult-nerf) and you'll notice they use Scalding as every 2nd or 3rd spell in their rotation, not counting Unstable Flame.

I would just like to get clarification on if this is considered a bug.
  • Cinna
    Cinna
    ✭✭✭
    I am not quite sure where/why you see a bug, can you describe more closely? What I can say though is that a reason for casting scalding as every other spell would be the Might of the guild passive. The DKs are buffing their other dots, I'd guess. They time the big class skill dots durations instead of the rune's.