Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Stealth/invisibility and NB

• whiteshadow711jppreub18_ESO
    whiteshadow711jppreub18_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hey everyone. As part of Update 4 (currently planned to go live next week), we will be fixing the bug in which damage ticks from Nightblade DoTs were causing Shadow Cloak and its morphs to be removed early.

OMG :smile:
    Thank you, you have made my day..
    Now I cannot wait until 1.4,

To me (having Cloak fixed) is more important than Upper Craglorn and Dragonstar arena combined.
    Signed, Kotaro Atani.PS5 NA
    VR16/ CP 160 Khajiit Nightblade of the Aldmeri Dominion, Guildmaster and Assassin of the Queen's Hand guild on NA PC. PvP Officer in the WOLF guild on NA PS5, and of course Master Thief. Currently 3120 CP out of 3600 CP on NA PS5. Currently 810 CP on NA PC (used for PTS testing purposes only). On PS5 I am also a Master Crafter, all traits done and learned, Jewelry crafting done. all Motifs learned on PS5 except for maybe two-three Motifs. Both Companions are Max level as are their Skills.Warrior, Lover, Thief.... Nightblade. Aldmeri Dominion For Life! For the Queen!! Go Dominion or go home ! "I have no hatred for the races of Man, but they are young. Like all children, they are driven by emotion. They lack the wisdom that comes with age. I would sooner place an Altmer infant on the Ruby Throne than surrender Tamriel to their capricious whims. The Altmer, the Bosmer and the Khajiit share the common traits of intelligence, patience and reason. We do not seek riches or plunder. Domination is not our goal, nor is the acclamation of power for its own sake. Today we make our stand. Today we take back the Ruby Throne, which is ours by ancient right and the blessings of the Divines. Stand with us." ―Your Queen Commands, Ayrenn Arana Aldmeri.(All 18 characters are AD only! This one is a AD Loyalist)Member of ESO Since January 29, 2014, started early Access 3/30/14 on PC, currently subbed on NA PS5 and on NA PC. Note- I only use PC for PTS testing purposes, the PS5 is my dedicated Game Platform.Note- for those that don't know how to say Kotaro Atani it's "Ko tar row Ah ta ni" (Ko with a Oh sound, tar which sounds like the sticky black tar stuff, row like rowing a boat, Ah with a AHHHH sound, Ta with a Tahhh sound, Neeee which sounds like knee)"The blowing sands of time wipe clean the footprints of the past...""Moonsugar may be the key to paradise, but it is through a false door...""A perfect society is always elsewhere..."- Unknown book of Khajiiti proverbs.
  • Cody
    Cody
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Hey everyone. As part of Update 4 (currently planned to go live next week), we will be fixing the bug in which damage ticks from Nightblade DoTs were causing Shadow Cloak and its morphs to be removed early.

....YES. AFTER 5 MONTHS. YES.

unfortunately, I as a NB, have to point out what still needs to be fixed. we NBs VERY much appreciate this fix, now for this one last issue to be taken care of:

there are times where it will just break for no reason. it has happened to me quite a few times in PvP.

keep guards will break it(if it does not break, they still see and follow you. They must have either thermal vision, or detect life spells. lol)

there will be times where it will break when close to an enemy player. not every time, but enough to where its a cause for concern.

still glad to see this fix. its been too long overdue.
  • CapuchinSeven
    CapuchinSeven
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I think we're maybe getting too excited about this, unless there is more to it then all this pretty much sums up to and means is that you can use cripple now.

I'm sorry to be a downer about this, and yes it's great that one of the lamest class bugs that I can remember has been finally fixed after 3 months but it's still going to break at the first sight of a of a blade of grass waving in the wind.

Updates are great but this is still going to be an awful skill in PVP, I think we should probably keep that in mind.
  • Awdwyn
    Awdwyn
    ✭✭✭
    Cripple, lotus fan, twin slashes, any 1h or 2h axe attack, Cleave, any weapon enchant, etc. theres a lot to be said for loading up a target with dots and disappearing for a short breather...
  • CapuchinSeven
    CapuchinSeven
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Awdwyn wrote: »
    Cripple, lotus fan, twin slashes, any 1h or 2h axe attack, Cleave, any weapon enchant, etc. theres a lot to be said for loading up a target with dots and disappearing for a short breather...

Some of those DOTs were already fine and DOTs are next to useless against anyone running a decent PVP build which will include either a heal that lols at DOTs or more likely a cleanse which will then heal you when it removes a DOT.

I'm not saying it's not nice to have it fixed, I'm saying that the bigger picture is still looking bad and this is really not something for us to get excited over like something amazing is happening.

It's still going to be very very flaky in PVP.
  • GreyPilgrim
    GreyPilgrim
    ✭✭✭
    Awdwyn wrote: »

Some of those DOTs were already fine and DOTs are next to useless against anyone running a decent PVP build which will include either a heal that lols at DOTs or more likely a cleanse which will then heal you when it removes a DOT.

I'm not saying it's not nice to have it fixed, I'm saying that the bigger picture is still looking bad and this is really not something for us to get excited over like something amazing is happening.

It's still going to be very very flaky in PVP.

Yeah, I have to agree with this response, any PvPr worth their salt is going to have DoT's off in no time. If they don't have a DoT remover of their own, their almost certainly going to be running with some healer that has a DoT remover.

I can't see piling on DoT's and walking away as a good kill strategy...
  • Sav72
    Sav72
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    NB a stealth class, Shadow Cloak should be able to get you out of combat! Plain and simple.
    Its not like we are asking for a Reflect or Bolt Escape or Blazing Shield..

Just a stealth ability that can get us out of a mess....

Why so much NB hate... /sigh
    Savoifair, EP NB

If you break something, you can glue it back together and fix it, but, it will always be broken...

• leovuoeb17_ESO
    Regarding Magelight: does the bonus from decreased detection area size from Improved Sneak (http://esohead.com/skills/29738-improved-sneak) and Stealthy (http://esohead.com/skills/36022-stealthy) apply to the invisibility provided by Cloak?

Or does Magelight always have 12 meters of detection regarding invisibility (not sneak/crouch)?
  • whiteshadow711jppreub18_ESO
    whiteshadow711jppreub18_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Regarding Magelight: does the bonus from decreased detection area size from Improved Sneak (http://esohead.com/skills/29738-improved-sneak) and Stealthy (http://esohead.com/skills/36022-stealthy) apply to the invisibility provided by Cloak?

Or does Magelight always have 12 meters of detection regarding invisibility (not sneak/crouch)?

I sometimes run with Magelight myself (im a Anti-Nightblade, enemy Nightblade hunter) and I am a Nightblade, and it's not perfect when finding sneaking enemies (while I am Sneaking) or when enemy Nightblades are using Shadow Cloak (and it's Morph's) to escape..

I sometimes have to be right on top of them before I can see them..

Also once their eye opens they know they have been seen and someone is around, so most of the time they try to move away as fast as they can..
    Edited by whiteshadow711jppreub18_ESO on September 15, 2014 2:58AM
    Signed, Kotaro Atani.PS5 NA
    VR16/ CP 160 Khajiit Nightblade of the Aldmeri Dominion, Guildmaster and Assassin of the Queen's Hand guild on NA PC. PvP Officer in the WOLF guild on NA PS5, and of course Master Thief. Currently 3120 CP out of 3600 CP on NA PS5. Currently 810 CP on NA PC (used for PTS testing purposes only). On PS5 I am also a Master Crafter, all traits done and learned, Jewelry crafting done. all Motifs learned on PS5 except for maybe two-three Motifs. Both Companions are Max level as are their Skills.Warrior, Lover, Thief.... Nightblade. Aldmeri Dominion For Life! For the Queen!! Go Dominion or go home ! "I have no hatred for the races of Man, but they are young. Like all children, they are driven by emotion. They lack the wisdom that comes with age. I would sooner place an Altmer infant on the Ruby Throne than surrender Tamriel to their capricious whims. The Altmer, the Bosmer and the Khajiit share the common traits of intelligence, patience and reason. We do not seek riches or plunder. Domination is not our goal, nor is the acclamation of power for its own sake. Today we make our stand. Today we take back the Ruby Throne, which is ours by ancient right and the blessings of the Divines. Stand with us." ―Your Queen Commands, Ayrenn Arana Aldmeri.(All 18 characters are AD only! This one is a AD Loyalist)Member of ESO Since January 29, 2014, started early Access 3/30/14 on PC, currently subbed on NA PS5 and on NA PC. Note- I only use PC for PTS testing purposes, the PS5 is my dedicated Game Platform.Note- for those that don't know how to say Kotaro Atani it's "Ko tar row Ah ta ni" (Ko with a Oh sound, tar which sounds like the sticky black tar stuff, row like rowing a boat, Ah with a AHHHH sound, Ta with a Tahhh sound, Neeee which sounds like knee)"The blowing sands of time wipe clean the footprints of the past...""Moonsugar may be the key to paradise, but it is through a false door...""A perfect society is always elsewhere..."- Unknown book of Khajiiti proverbs.
  • CapuchinSeven
    CapuchinSeven
    ✭✭✭✭✭

I sometimes run with Magelight myself (im a Anti-Nightblade, enemy Nightblade hunter) and I am a Nightblade, and it's not perfect when finding sneaking enemies (while I am Sneaking) or when enemy Nightblades are using Shadow Cloak (and it's Morph's) to escape..

I sometimes have to be right on top of them before I can see them..

Also once their eye opens they know they have been seen and someone is around, so most of the time they try to move away as fast as they can..

Meh, just pop a detection potion which cost next to nothing to buy or make, Mark Target, job done.

Only real point to Mage Light at that point would be to reduce the damage from a stealth opener.
  • Shizashane
    Shizashane
    ✭✭✭
    I agree with the fact that this is mostly a pvp issue, I cant evne use it at all sometimes to get out of battle and just die like a weakling. I have read a couple people however say it shouldn't be effected by potions of detection and mages light, to which I would have to disagree there has to be a weakness to it or it would be unfair. Shure ever class has that one "unfair" move but this game has yet to reach it full potential and the balancing issues wont be going away anytime soon. The last thing they need to do is add more imbalance by making a sorry decision like that. One thing I would suggest to compensate is use shuffle with your cloak to give yourself a better chance of exiting a sticky situation. If you cloak activates at all that is lol
    "Sound the charge, into glory ride! 10,000 side by side"
  • CapuchinSeven
    CapuchinSeven
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Shizashane wrote: »
    I agree with the fact that this is mostly a pvp issue, I cant evne use it at all sometimes to get out of battle and just die like a weakling. I have read a couple people however say it shouldn't be effected by potions of detection and mages light, to which I would have to disagree there has to be a weakness to it or it would be unfair. Shure ever class has that one "unfair" move but this game has yet to reach it full potential and the balancing issues wont be going away anytime soon. The last thing they need to do is add more imbalance by making a sorry decision like that. One thing I would suggest to compensate is use shuffle with your cloak to give yourself a better chance of exiting a sticky situation. If you cloak activates at all that is lol

Where's the weakness in Green Dragon Blood? Where's the weakness in Sun Shield?
  • sarttsarttsarttub17_ESO
    Piedplat wrote: »
    BROKEN

discute
    How long did it take blizztard to fix rouges vanish? Will ZoS take the lead?..

• Vizier
    Vizier
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Correction. That would be every class EXCEPT NB has that one unfair move. Giving them an Uber skill at this point is the only real "fair" thing ZoS can do.

"Every Class has that one unfair move" you say? Does NB have an "unfair" move? We know it's not Cloak cuz that's never worked right. Is it their awesome AOE?..nope Is it their Uber self heals? Is it their ability to escape-damage-stun spam at the same time?...nope Oh, I know. It's their over the top DPS right? I mean at least they have that on people...NO? Come on? OK, OK. Must be their damage mitigation then right?...no. ummm..regen maybe?...NO? So they really don't have any regular class skills that stand out except maybe those that work also with Cloak and you want to say a Magicka Intensive 2.5 second invisibility would be unfair? 2.9 seconds when with full skill point upgrade. And your reason is that the NB needs a weakness? And that skill in particular needs a weakness?

Do we hear an outcry throughout the community regarding Invisibility pots? No we don't. Why? because it's not really that bad.

Dude, it lasts for less then three seconds and costs a ton of magicka. It should be Uber. It should allow for NB to get positional advantage in almost every circumstance, especially when most classes just start blocking when a NB cloaks. Cloak needs to be a bad ass reliable skill. Most NB playing styles depend on it. The only NB doing ok right now are those playing as if they are not really a NB, going heavy on Weapon, Armor and guild skills which can not be the intent of this class.

What is being seen right now by the NB players is the personification of unfair and they shouldn't have to wait for their *** to work because the game is going to continue to be "balanced" ...someday!
    Edited by Vizier on September 17, 2014 7:35AM
  • Tigeracer
    Tigeracer
    ✭✭✭✭
    @Vizier‌
    I agree with just about everything you just said apart from one thing. I use a really tanky build with 4 NB abilities on the one bar. I use sap essence, soul siphon, siphoning strikes and veil of blades.
    Just wanted to show that not everyone likes to give up their class when it's what they chose.
  • Vizier
    Vizier
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @Tigeracer‌
    Look at you keeping the faith with the Night Blades.

Thanks for the heads up. Ya, perhaps "only" wasn't quite the right term to use. "Most" is closer to the truth.

Tnx once again.

• kozz
    kozz
    Soul Shriven
    Before this patch I could break mob's attack the moment I turn on my Shadowy Disguise. Now I get smacked while invisible.
    Edited by kozz on September 17, 2014 3:06PM
  • thesnoopans_ESO
    thesnoopans_ESO
    Soul Shriven
    Last night I was getting killed by mobs while sneaking (undetected) and while stealthed. They ran right up to me and ganked me. I'm not sure what the patch did besides make me die faster.
  • Kypho
    Kypho
    ✭✭✭✭
    Dont complain. NB asked that dots should not get you out from cloak, they made it. Um... well.... ye... sideeffect of the fix.... any attack put you out of cloak now, and sometimes enemy can see you whatever you try to do...
    But hey! they fix the dots LAWL ZOS
  • Cody
    Cody
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭

Where's the weakness in Green Dragon Blood? Where's the weakness in Sun Shield?

there is none.
  • Cody
    Cody
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭

the NB does NOT have an "unfair move" our cloak only works less than half of the time. not only that, but if a NB uses cloak, all that player has to do is hold up block, then the NB cant do crap. so what else do we have? answer: nothing.

sorcerers have Bolt Escape

DKs can hold up block and use Dragon blood

Templars can outheal all the damage you do, and blazing shield is pretty dang good.

what does the NB have? do tell.
    Edited by Cody on September 20, 2014 3:57PM