Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Crafting - Problem and Idea

KarlosTheGrouch
KarlosTheGrouch
✭✭✭
Hey folks,

recently ... well since day one i started to lvl up my crafting skills to the max we all can reach. So last night i hit the vr12 and i was pretty happy .. since the exp rate is way to low... anyway..

I thought creating a new char (first one) and so i created a dragonknight and went to the crafting station to craft some goot items cuz i know i have all maxed out and i can pretty much craft everything...

But then it hit my like a Lightningstrike.. i could craft anything because the Crafting skills i had on my v12 char doesnt apply on any other char u have on ur account.

I mean why in the world isnt it already implemented? Does anyone even lvl all the crafting skills up again, even if they have it already maxed out on a other char?
Well i dont think so! And even all the achievments u get by crafting is allready applied on all other chars which lvl 1 so why dont u just apply the crafting skills to all chars? Because now i have to switch the whole time to craft the sets for my alts. Which doesnt make any sense to me.

Could you please apply the Crafting lvl status to all chars of one account?
  • Horrum
    Horrum
    ✭✭✭
    Or you could just log out, log in with your V12, craft whatever, and put it in the bank for your new character? :)

There are plenty of aspects that can be made account-wide, but skills lines should never be one of them. Ever [in my opinion].

I once wondered if sky-shards were account wide as that would really boost my desire to create an alt [kinda like a boost and well, I really don't want to hunt all shards again lol]
  • Curragraigue
    Curragraigue
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Happy with how it works at the moment OP. If you want more than one crafter you will need to level another one.

They designed the system so people won't be the master of all trades on one character to encourage people to trade with each other. Hasn't worked out the way they planned because a lot of people are putting a few crafts all on one character but your proposal would drive it even more towards less effort in and no need to trade with other players.
    PUG Life - the true test of your skill

18 characters, 17 max level, at least 1 Stam and 1 Mag of every class, 1 of every race and 1200+ CP

Tanked to Undaunted 9+ Mag and Stam of every class using Group Finder for 90+% of the Vet Dungeon runs
  • AlnilamE
    AlnilamE
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    My main is my crafter and my first alt is my enchanter/alchemist/provisioner and between them they build any armor, add enchants, make potions and food for themselves and my other two toons.

No problems at all with that system.

And @Horrum, I find going after skyshards again to get points is one of the fun things about rolling an alt. I guess everyone has their own way of playing.
    The Moot Councillor
  • Horrum
    Horrum
    ✭✭✭
    AlnilamE wrote: »
    And @Horrum, I find going after skyshards again to get points is one of the fun things about rolling an alt. I guess everyone has their own way of playing.

Yeah absolutely agree. :) I don't mind. It's just one of the things I wonder about when I am feeling lazy lol. But you make a good point - changing something like that because you feel one way can change the aspects that people love without you even realising it.
  • AlnilamE
    AlnilamE
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yeah. My guild has regular "show your alts some love" events where we group up and get some skyshards and maybe a world boss or 5. Makes the whole thing more fun.

The Moot Councillor