The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

journal quest colors

oldspook619
oldspook619
✭✭
Quests in the journal have different colors. I suspect they represent the level of the quest but not sure. Anyone help..
  • AlexDougherty
    AlexDougherty
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Grey means you are overlevvelled for the quest.
    Green means you are at or just above the levell of the quest.
    Yellow means the quest is just above your level, you can do it, but you might struggle.
    Red (actually reddy orange for me) The quest is significantly higher than you.
    People believe what they either want to be true or what they are afraid is true!
    Wizard's first rule
    Passion rules reason
    Wizard's third rule
    Mind what people Do, not what they say, for actions betray a lie.
    Wizard's fifth rule
    Willfully turning aside from the truth is treason to one's self
    Wizard's tenth rule
  • oldspook619
    oldspook619
    ✭✭
    Yellow means the quest is just above your level, you can do it, but you might struggle.

I suspect that for grey quests you get little or no experience/loot and it progresses up with the harder quests. Is this correct?
  • AlexDougherty
    AlexDougherty
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

I suspect that for grey quests you get little or no experience/loot and it progresses up with the harder quests. Is this correct?

The quest XP seems to be fixed, but for greyed out quests monsters are probably going to be more than seven levels below you, meaning no XP for Mobs.

The quest rewards seem to stay too, but they are levelled to the quest, so will probably be no good. Dropped items only happen if you are less than seven levels higher than the mobs, so you won't get any dropped loot (except chance at trophies).

But as far as I know there is no benefit for challenging quests higher than your level, apart from the pride of doing it (which I have). There might be an increase in XP from mobs, but I wouldn't bet any money on it.
    People believe what they either want to be true or what they are afraid is true!
    Wizard's first rule
    Passion rules reason
    Wizard's third rule
    Mind what people Do, not what they say, for actions betray a lie.
    Wizard's fifth rule
    Willfully turning aside from the truth is treason to one's self
    Wizard's tenth rule
  • Nestor
    Nestor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    There might be an increase in XP from mobs, but I wouldn't bet any money on it.

If there is any it is because your killing a higher class of mobs at a higher level. It's probably not that much of a difference. Still not worth all the repair bills and support needs to survive those battles over and over again.

If you use something like Foundry Tactical Combat, you could see exactly what the numbers are.
    Edited by Nestor on September 19, 2014 2:20PM
    Enjoy the game, life is what you really want to be worried about.

PakKat "Everything was going well, until I died"
    Gary Gravestink "I am glad you died, I needed the help"