Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Hold to Exploit/ skill not working

Wuggums47
Wuggums47
✭✭
Every now and then when I'm using the Overload ultimate ability, it will stop working. Pressing left click does nothing, but I can still block. I get a message saying "Hold left click to exploit". Does it think I'm cheating or something, and that why it takes away my ability to attack?
  • Nestor
    Nestor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I played with the Overload skill one night, took it off my bar and never looked back.

As for the not attacking, is the enemy mob stunned? While that should not stop a regular attack, per Overload, it would explain the Hold Left to Exploit (which means a power attack)

The other reason why the attacks do not process is Lag. I noticed some last night when playing.
    Enjoy the game, life is what you really want to be worried about.

PakKat "Everything was going well, until I died"
    Gary Gravestink "I am glad you died, I needed the help"

• Wuggums47
    Wuggums47
    ✭✭
    But usually during lag everything gets slow. With this I can still block at normal speeds, run at normal speeds, cast spells at normal speeds, etc...
    All I can't do is attack, and the only way to fix it is to press r again to deactivate the ability. Until this gets fixed I'm probably going to respec. Where do I go to respec and how much would it cost?
  • Nestor
    Nestor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Wuggums47 wrote: »
    But usually during lag everything gets slow.
    All I can't do is attack, and the only way to fix it is to press r again to deactivate the ability.

Wait, forgot, Overload is an Ultimate. Sorry about that.

Once you run out of your pool of Ultimate, you can't use the attack anymore. One of the other reasons I don't use that. You have to deactivate it to go back to regular attacks.

Hint, there are some skills and passives that give you extra Ultimate, or make Utimates cost less. Unlock those as soon as you are able to (keeping in mind regular bar skills should get the nod if a nice one just became available)

Also, weirdly enough, the Fighters Guild is probably a better Guild for a Sorcerer than the Mages is, although you should join both. But, Silver Shards, Expert Hunter and the passives that increase damage against deadra and give extra Ultimate for killing Daedra are what you want to get at some point.

Enjoy the game, life is what you really want to be worried about.

PakKat "Everything was going well, until I died"
    Gary Gravestink "I am glad you died, I needed the help"

• Wuggums47
    Wuggums47
    ✭✭
    Thanks. That's kind of bizarre that the attack doesn't just toggle off after you run out of ultimate, but oh well. As soon as I can get to the zone I might try to respec.