Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Can you reverse becoming a vampire?

Wuggums47
Wuggums47
✭✭
I'm still downloading the game, but I've been looking up how you can catch vampirism. It seems like a pretty big gamble to change your characters looks, give them vulnerability to fire, and slow their health regen. My question though, is the process reversible? If I try being a vampire for a while, but dislike it, would I have to make a whole new character?
  • Blooddancer
    Blooddancer
    ✭✭✭
    Yes it is reversible by visiting an NPC (in mages guild I think). When you contract the condition you have to complete a quest before you become properly affected. All in all it's not a life changing situation, unless you want it to be :)
    Edited by Blooddancer on September 12, 2014 5:12PM
  • Wuggums47
    Wuggums47
    ✭✭
    Okay, secondary question, I hear people all over the forums complaining that bat swarm is too overpowered in PvP. Are the vampire skills still good in PvE? What about soloing?
  • AlexDougherty
    AlexDougherty
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    It varies, if you're up against someone using fire alot, you're probably a bit weaker than the rest of us. Otherwise you have the edge in PVE (soloing is a subset of PVE so it's included).

Also if you get cured of vampirism, your skill points are not freed up, you need to respecc for that. And if you get vampirism again, it's restored to the point when you got cured (just the levels, doesn't reinvest skill points if you respecced)
    People believe what they either want to be true or what they are afraid is true!
    Wizard's first rule
    Passion rules reason
    Wizard's third rule
    Mind what people Do, not what they say, for actions betray a lie.
    Wizard's fifth rule
    Willfully turning aside from the truth is treason to one's self
    Wizard's tenth rule
  • WraithAzraiel
    WraithAzraiel
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It's only overpowered in PvP because the amount of health it returns for the damage it does, most people crying about Batswarm don't have the presence of mind to NOT stand in the stupid.

They just want PvP to be easier. They'd like us to keep our ridiculous weakness to fire and take a big hit to our damage output/surviveability. Only then will they be happy.

Until they find something else to cry about, which would take all of 3 seconds.
    Edited by WraithAzraiel on September 13, 2014 9:16AM
    Shendell De'Gull - V14 Vampire Nightblade

Captain of the Black Howling

"There's no such thing as overkill..."

"No problem on the face of the Earth exists what can't be fixed with the proper application of enough duct tape and 550 cord."

P2PBetaTesters
    #Tamriel_BETA_Team
    #BETA_TESTER4LYF
    DominionMasterRace
    #GOAHEADTHEYGOTCANDY
    #SEEMSLEGIT
  • DenverRalphy
    DenverRalphy
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Wuggums47 wrote: »
    Okay, secondary question, I hear people all over the forums complaining that bat swarm is too overpowered in PvP. Are the vampire skills still good in PvE? What about soloing?

IMHO, those who say Bat Swarm is overpowered in PvP are typically those who stick to Flavor of The Month builds, and can't abide their build having a weakness. It's not OP. Too many players just don't build their character to counter it.

As for Solo PvE, Vamps skills are great for the solo player (especially sorcs). Just make it a point to have a couple of pieces of gear enchanted with Flame Resist.
  • Wuggums47
    Wuggums47
    ✭✭
    Thanks for the help everybody :smile: