Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Fellow Nightblades, a better escape than Dark Cloak.

CapuchinSeven
CapuchinSeven
✭✭✭✭✭
So, our cloak and its morphs can be useless, I don't wanna get into a big thing about that because it's on the forums already a lot. Anyway, I've ditched it from my bars somewhat and while many might use this already, I hear a lot of people call Path of Darkness useless.

Well my stamina build, in 7 medium and with a bow has a very fast and cheap to use shift sprint (my stamina bar hardly moves), two Paths and a sprint while I'm on them and I'm literally miles away. I get an insane speed out of them.

While Cloak is useful at times for escaping for smaller fights, in cluttered fights where I'm moving into enemy ranks and back out again, I'm finding the Path/Sprint combo really more useful.

As I said, many will already use this but if you were worried about dropping Dark Cloak if you're finding it annoyingly buggy, this is a viable alternative.
  • Jaxom
    Jaxom
    ✭✭✭✭
    Interesting. I may have to play around with this. ARe you using Refreshing Path for the heal as well or Twisting Path for the larger path?

On a side note, If you are a vampire, I find that dodge roll with a Bow + Elusive Mist is a great escape tool. The speed boost you get from dodging stacks with elusive mist for a nice little burst of speed.
    Edited by Jaxom on September 1, 2014 1:16PM
  • aco5712
    aco5712
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Elusive Mist i find is the best form of escape. Cloak doesnt cut it anymore really unless you wanna use it as a purge of sorts
    Banned for Naming and Shaming exploiters. Great ideology ZOS.
    #FreeLeo

Main: Vir Cor | Dragonknight
    Alt: Leo Cor | Nightblade
    Alt: Leonidas Cor | Templar

Guild: K-Hole
    Youtube: CorESO
    DK PvP Tank/DPS Hybrid Build (2.1+): Cor Leonis
  • CapuchinSeven
    CapuchinSeven
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Jaxom wrote: »
    Interesting. I may have to play around with this. ARe you using Refreshing Path for the heal as well or Twisting Path for the larger path?

On a side note, If you are a vampire, I find that dodge roll with a Bow + Elusive Mist is a great escape tool. The speed boost you get from dodging stacks with elusive mist for a nice little burst of speed.

After killing I find a good two dodge rolls away from the pack to avoid the first few hits and attempts to CC me, then the path and sprint tends to work best.

Don't get me wrong, it's no Bolt Escape but dropping Dark Cloak on my bow bar (and leaving it on my DW bar) has been a great idea (which I think you suggested in fact).

I'm using Refreshing Path, I use this because it's our only direct, no target needed, no staff required heal and I just refuse to use a staff. It's a small heal (about 20 every 1 second with my low magic level), but for those times in small battles when you're jumped by more than a few people but manage to get away it's useful to build your health back up while you hide (I'd never assume it would do much for me in combat though).

It needs a buff though, the heal is tiny when you consider Sorcerers, Dragon Knights and Templars ability to direct heal (directly in combat for the latter two).
  • Jaxom
    Jaxom
    ✭✭✭✭
    Jaxom wrote: »

After killing I find a good two dodge rolls away from the pack to avoid the first few hits and attempts to CC me, then the path and sprint tends to work best.

Don't get me wrong, it's no Bolt Escape but dropping Dark Cloak on my bow bar (and leaving it on my DW bar) has been a great idea (which I think you suggested in fact).

I'm using Refreshing Path, I use this because it's our only direct, no target needed, no staff required heal and I just refuse to use a staff. It's a small heal (about 20 every 1 second with my low magic level), but for those times in small battles when you're jumped by more than a few people but manage to get away it's useful to build your health back up while you hide (I'd never assume it would do much for me in combat though).

It needs a buff though, the heal is tiny when you consider Sorcerers, Dragon Knights and Templars ability to direct heal (directly in combat for the latter two).

Yeah, the heal is just so pitiful. I suppose every bit counts. I've never actually used the other morph before. I ended up removing Dark Cloak from my DW bar completely as it's not reliable as an escape tool. I swapped it out for Efficient Purge. This helps me cleanse piercing mark which Dark Cloak does not and at a lower Magicka cost. I'll skill back into Path just to see how it compares to Dodge and Mist.

I've been successful with Efficient Purge, then Dodge roll into Mist. If they changed Dark cloak into not just removing dots, but removing negatives effects similar to purge, it would certainly be back on my bar.
  • CapuchinSeven
    CapuchinSeven
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'd think as a vamp you'd be better with mist. Also yes, if Dark Cloak was an actual purge then it would actually be worth it.
  • Jaxom
    Jaxom
    ✭✭✭✭
    Yeah, I played around with it last night and mist was far more successful.
  • Cody
    Cody
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    simply dodge rolling behind a tree and sprinting away is a better escape than cloak atm:(
  • Honfold
    Honfold
    ✭✭✭
    If you are an NB use elusive mist. I am a stamina build, so I can basically reserve my mana pool for that skill and if I need to get a way, I will.
  • CapuchinSeven
    CapuchinSeven
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Kinda does stick out though that for a decent skill for escape or survivable, we have to put points into vampire.
  • ShadowscaleSithis
    ShadowscaleSithis
    ✭✭✭
    Has it been working for you? Dark Cloak that is. I use it after shooting a bow and it pops me out of invis right away without even moving.
  • Honfold
    Honfold
    ✭✭✭
    Has it been working for you? Dark Cloak that is. I use it after shooting a bow and it pops me out of invis right away without even moving.

If you used a DoT like venom arrow than it will knock you of stealth. It is bugged.
  • CapuchinSeven
    CapuchinSeven
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Here's something interesting about Refreshing Path.

Cast Refreshing Path, stand in the path, make sure you're getting the red glow effect from it around your character, use Shadowy Disguise and the heal ticks will now all critical.

It becomes borderline useful.
  • Jaxom
    Jaxom
    ✭✭✭✭
    Here's something interesting about Refreshing Path.

Cast Refreshing Path, stand in the path, make sure you're getting the red glow effect from it around your character, use Shadowy Disguise and the heal ticks will now all critical.

It becomes borderline useful.

So it heals for 40 a tick now? :)
  • eventide03b14a_ESO
    eventide03b14a_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Here's a thought. How about they just fix our Cloak so that it functions like a normal invisibility like every other TES title ever?
    :trollin: