Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Nightblade Caster.

Zsymon
Zsymon
✭✭✭✭
I'm trying to figure this out, but I don't know enough about Nightblade mechanics.

How can you cause high single target and aoe spell damage as a Nightblade? Which class and weapon skills, or build, does a Nightblade need to be a dps caster worthy of Craglorn and Trials?

Best Answer

• Spectrasoul
    Spectrasoul
    ✭✭✭
    Put this together very quickly, some things you can change but you get the jist:
    http://tinyurl.com/mhqwma9
    Destro is obviously your damage dealing heavy hitter, Resto is the support tree for when you run out of magicka you can turn on SA, summon your shades to help the group, maybe cast a heal if you feel the need.
    Edited by Spectrasoul on September 1, 2014 10:21PM
    Answer ✓
  • MorHawk
    MorHawk
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Most of the successful NB builds I've seen have mainly been PVP deals, focused around high burst damage from stealth. Obv that's far less useful in PvE.
    I dunno. Maybe Transfer to build ultimate? Not sure what to say other than stick and skirt it.
    Observant wrote: »
    I can count to potato.
    another topic that cant see past its own farts.
    WWJLHD?
  • Zsymon
    Zsymon
    ✭✭✭✭
    Thanks. :)
  • MorHawk
    MorHawk
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Put this together very quickly, some things you can change but you get the jist:
    http://tinyurl.com/mhqwma9
    Destro is obviously your damage dealing heavy hitter, Resto is the support tree for when you run out of magicka you can turn on SA, summon your shades to help the group, maybe cast a heal if you feel the need.

So as I said, stick and skirt. Only NB contribution to the DPS there is Impale as a finisher. Siphoning would help with sustainability though. Still not seeing any huge contributions that NBs bring to the table for sustained DPS.
    I can count to potato.
    WWJLHD?
  • Zsymon
    Zsymon
    ✭✭✭✭
    Power Extraction would be a huge contribution for aoe dps I think. It seems to synergize with Impulse quite dramatically. The combo of Power Extraction and Impulse is making me seriously consider rerolling an NB.
    Edited by Zsymon on September 3, 2014 8:50AM
  • MorHawk
    MorHawk
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Frig, now that's more like it. Potential max of 72% boost to weapon damage. Ouchy.
    I can count to potato.
    WWJLHD?
  • Zsymon
    Zsymon
    ✭✭✭✭
    I think it's actually 100%.