The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• [IN PROGRESS] Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• [IN PROGRESS] PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

How much do I have to bid to win a guild trader?

spoqster
spoqster
✭✭✭✭✭
I am doing this for the first time, so I am wondering how much I should bid. The trader I am looking at is in a vet3 zone.
  • Medakon
    Medakon
    ✭✭✭
    spoqster wrote: »
    I am doing this for the first time, so I am wondering how much I should bid. The trader I am looking at is in a vet3 zone.

Don't know if your playing NA or EU, but it all depends on wich places are popular. I'm biding 300k+ for craglorn, but I seen people bid 30k in craglorn and still win since nobody bother to bid on there vendor. You would probly win with 100g if it is not a popular place :smile: Most popular places in EU would be Location: The Rift with the city Riften, Reapers Marsh with the city Rawl ka, or Craglorn Belkarth. All the other places is pretty cheap, most traders across tameriel dosnt even have a guild owner (atleast in EU).
    Medakon - Legendary Super Hero Professional Assassin Nightblade from Tamriel who do different stuff B)
  • AlnilamE
    AlnilamE
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    As he said, it depends on the trader. In town, expect to bid a lot of money. Out of town, you can bid less.

And your trader won't only be in the vet 3 version of your zone, but also in the 25-30 and vet 8 versions, so stock your store accordingly if you win.
    The Moot Councillor
  • Sindala
    Sindala
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Lol, I know a few have stopped bidding on Guild Vendors as it's not worth the cost. You can't recoup the cost of the vendor with items you put on it. Far cheaper just to sell stuff in chat still.

Guild Vendors = failed.
    Being First is not the prize, it just mean's everyone can stab you in the back.
  • Guppet
    Guppet
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Sindala wrote: »
    Lol, I know a few have stopped bidding on Guild Vendors as it's not worth the cost. You can't recoup the cost of the vendor with items you put on it. Far cheaper just to sell stuff in chat still.

Guild Vendors = failed.

Once people stop bidding silly ammounts, then you'll get them for a cost you can recoup. It's supply and demand for something new, people are bidding much too much at the moment.

It's actually a really nice system, it fits the works perfectly, they are like little markets. It needs a it if refinement and it ends to be promoted much better, so people know to go and look at the stores.
  • spoqster
    spoqster
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I figured it depends on the trader, I'm just wondering about the ballpark. 30k is definitely a serious bid. I was going more for something between 100g and 800g.

Anybody ever won a trader with a bid in that range?
    Edited by spoqster on August 31, 2014 2:06PM
  • KariTR
    KariTR
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I figured it depends on the trader, I'm just wondering about the ballpark. 30k is definitely a serious bid. I was going more for something between 100g and 800g.

At sales commission of 3.46-ish percent, you would need to sell nearly 3m of goods to break even at 100k and over 23m to break even at 800k.
  • Elsonso
    Elsonso
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Guild Vendors = failed.

Not failed. This is how markets work.

Guilds dropping out can result in the prices for traders going down. If no one bids on a trader, they can be purchased for cheap. Personally, I think that the prices being paid for traders is inflated at the moment.

There will be guilds that charge members to fund guild traders, and that will go on as long as sales fund that practice. These guilds will also benefit from cheaper traders.

However, I do think that the bidding for the guild trader should be open to direct competition. The system should allow guilds to see the other bids, outbid other guilds, and try to get the high bid in at the last second. That would probably drive some prices down and others up and would remove some of the mystery surrounding how much guilds are spending.

PC NA/EU: @Elsonso
    XBox EU/NA: @ElsonsoJannus
    X/Twitter: ElsonsoJannus
  • spoqster
    spoqster
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    KariTR wrote: »

At sales commission of 3.46-ish percent, you would need to sell nearly 3m of goods to break even at 100k and over 23m to break even at 800k.

I was referring to 100g and 800g, not k. ;-)
  • spoqster
    spoqster
    ✭✭✭✭✭

However, I do think that the bidding for the guild trader should be open to direct competition. The system should allow guilds to see the other bids, outbid other guilds, and try to get the high bid in at the last second. That would probably drive some prices down and others up and would remove some of the mystery surrounding how much guilds are spending.

I agree.
    Edited by spoqster on August 31, 2014 2:24PM
  • KariTR
    KariTR
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    KariTR wrote: »

I was referring to 100g and 800g, not k. ;-)

Oops B)
  • Artemiisia
    Artemiisia
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    maybe some of the reasons, people dont buy stuff, is the ridiculous prices some of the guilds have in their kiosks.

I have seen imperial motifs for 900k
    purple recipes for 300k
    and the list could continue

people needs to stop living in the stone age, and put their prices in the right range if they want to have things sold, and start making their kiosk worth the price they paid for it.
  • spoqster
    spoqster
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Artemiisia wrote: »
    maybe some of the reasons, people dont buy stuff, is the ridiculous prices some of the guilds have in their kiosks.

purple recipes for 300k

people needs to stop living in the stone age, and put their prices in the right range if they want to have things sold, and start making their kiosk worth the price they paid for it.

This won't materialize until item values become more transparent. The economy needs some defragmentation.
  • Vahrokh
    Vahrokh
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭

Guild Vendors = failed.

Not failed. This is how markets work.

No, markets work on true convenience and on optimization.
    With every other factor being equal, there's little convenience putting up stuff on NPCs that have a prepayment cost:

- Guild stores are universally and conveniently available in every town whereas guild vendors take longer to get to and only show on 1-3 regions in the world.
    - "Broker fees" are the same, so no real convenience putting stuff on guild vendors.

In order to make "markets work" and compete, the guild vendors must be more convenient than guild stores and this happens by lowering the commissions. But that would still not "fix" the fact that buyers have still to work harder to find those vendors and walk longer. This would be countered by providing those vendors with services not easily available in towns.

In example, if crafting machines were next to guild vendors and uncomfortable to reach by just sitting in town at the bank, then more people would visit those guild vendors on their way to make stuff.

Edited by Vahrokh on August 31, 2014 2:51PM
  • Artemiisia
    Artemiisia
    ✭✭✭✭✭

purple recipes for 300k

This won't materialize until item values become more transparent. The economy needs some defragmentation.

for me the guild leaders have a responsibility for checking their guild members prices and help them with prices that actually gives sells.
  • spoqster
    spoqster
    ✭✭✭✭✭

purple recipes for 300k

for me the guild leaders have a responsibility for checking their guild members prices and help them with prices that actually gives sells.

You're asking me as a guild master to lecture the members of my trading guild on what prices they should ask for? No, thank you. Not my style.

Prices should be more transparent.
  • Artemiisia
    Artemiisia
    ✭✭✭✭✭

purple recipes for 300k

You're asking me as a guild master to lecture the members of my trading guild on what prices they should ask for? No, thank you. Not my style.

not lecture, but helping and advising them, that they will never sell a motif for 900k as an example.

they can either take the advice, or keep trying their luck.
  • AlexDougherty
    AlexDougherty
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

purple recipes for 300k

Prices should be more transparent???

You ask for a price and see if you get it, this is pretty standard in MMOs, the prices are always subject to what the players think they should/could get it for.

Anything else is us being told what to charge for items, which is a form of nanny state. I think we can figure it out, it might take a while, and be trial and error, but we are adults.

That said, if people want to give their guild members lists of what items generally sell for, well I can live with that too.
    People believe what they either want to be true or what they are afraid is true!
    Wizard's first rule
    Passion rules reason
    Wizard's third rule
    Mind what people Do, not what they say, for actions betray a lie.
    Wizard's fifth rule
    Willfully turning aside from the truth is treason to one's self
    Wizard's tenth rule
  • spoqster
    spoqster
    ✭✭✭✭✭

purple recipes for 300k

You ask for a price and see if you get it, this is pretty standard in MMOs, the prices are always subject to what the players think they should/could get it for.

Anything else is us being told what to charge for items, which is a form of nanny state. I think we can figure it out, it might take a while, and be trial and error, but we are adults.

That said, if people want to give their guild members lists of what items generally sell for, well I can live with that too.

I'd prefer a system that uses the existing npc vendors to sell items for players on consignment. Take the weapons vendor in Wayrest, you can go there and put up you weapons for as much as you want. But the vendor has limited slots - let's say 5 slots per item - when the slots are filled you can't post your item unless you post it for less than one of the others. Then the highest item will get bumped out. That way the value of items would be much more transparent than in the current system.
  • AlexDougherty
    AlexDougherty
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

purple recipes for 300k

I'd prefer a system that uses the existing npc vendors to sell items for players on consignment. Take the weapons vendor in Wayrest, you can go there and put up you weapons for as much as you want. But the vendor has limited slots - let's say 5 slots per item - when the slots are filled you can't post your item unless you post it for less than one of the others. Then the highest item will get bumped out. That way the value of items would be much more transparent than in the current system.

Sounds great for buyers, which I am, but I doubt people will agree to sell under that system. Which leads to them spamming "WTS <Item> 150K" across zone chat.

I think the pricing as it currently exists is the only long term option. What we need is some system where we can get all the sellers in one place, and compare what others are charging for it.

Or unify it all together, and allow anyone to sell on it.
    People believe what they either want to be true or what they are afraid is true!
    Wizard's first rule
    Passion rules reason
    Wizard's third rule
    Mind what people Do, not what they say, for actions betray a lie.
    Wizard's fifth rule
    Willfully turning aside from the truth is treason to one's self
    Wizard's tenth rule
  • pilotfish
    pilotfish
    ✭✭✭
    I don't see anything wrong with booting people from your trading guild who price items uselessly high. Take some responsibility for the success of your store and manage it.

• ExiledKhallisi
    ExiledKhallisi
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Guild vendors are a failed concept.

Give us an AH.

Stop wasting our time.
    >>>>>>>>(DC)Guild Master of Biestas 250+ Active Members<<<<<<<<
    ||||||Vr14 Sorc: Darkened Soul vr14 Templar: Tiffaney||||||
    “Let your plans be dark and impenetrable as night, and when you move, fall like a thunderbolt.”
    ― Sun Tzu, The Art of War
  • Tandor
    Tandor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

purple recipes for 300k

And there was me thinking the prospect of crazy inflated prices was the reason people didn't want an auction house ;)!
    Edited by Tandor on August 31, 2014 6:20PM
  • Sindala
    Sindala
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    What we need is some system where we can get all the sellers in one place, and compare what others are charging for it.

Or unify it all together, and allow anyone to sell on it.

Oh you mean like a Global Auctionhouse? :p
    Being First is not the prize, it just mean's everyone can stab you in the back.
  • Artemiisia
    Artemiisia
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    thankfully there will never come a AH
  • Anastasia
    Anastasia
    ✭✭✭✭

purple recipes for 300k

Heh, the whole point of this vendor 'addition' is primarily a way to tamp down would-be market players. After some defragmentation things will settle a bit; it still will never be a market that very many can make coin with aside from those earliest into the MMO and whom parleyed what they got upon reaching the top.

The regular joe dabbling a bit in the market is not going to play in TESO as many gamers have enjoyed doing in other MMO's unless there is a fairly major redesign. This adds texture though at least ;).

• Alphashado
    Alphashado
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

Guild Vendors = failed.

One of my trading guilds has gotten the same remotely located trader for free two weeks in a row now simply by being there to claim it after the bid times expire.

More than half of the sales from that guild store are through this guild trader in the middle of nowhere that we get for next to nothing.

So you are incorrect. Guild vendors are actually working quite nicely.

Edited by Alphashado on August 31, 2014 11:19PM
  • dietlime
    dietlime
    ✭✭✭✭
    Guild Vendors = failed.

Yet not a single one remains unoccupied. Nice hyperbole, not that you'd know the meaning of the word.
  • Circuitous
    Circuitous
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I can say it's no fun getting outbid on a kiosk by a guild with 20 items in their store that are all gone by day two. Our usual spot has had nothing listed for nearly 6 days... hope we get it back tomorrow.
    Thank Stendarr it’s Fredas.
    Elanirne: Altmer Templar Healer, DC
    Auria Dolabella: Imperial Nightblade Tank, DC