The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• [COMPLETE] Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• [COMPLETE] PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

An interesting way to die...

Solariken
Solariken
✭✭✭✭✭
✭✭✭✭
I've had lots of cheap deaths, but today I was in Cyrodiil riding solo from one keep to another when I see a Pact player riding solo directly toward me. As soon as we get in range, he Critical Charges me 5 times in a row rapid fire. I couldn't do anything about it because I was immobilized the whole time - I was dead in 5 seconds and he only used one ability. He pushed my [snip] in. I was laughing even though I felt like crying.

I tried using Break Free but the stupid animation for it just gave him time to Critical Charge me again. What is the minimum range on Critical Charge? He didn't really seem to back away from me between spams.

Is there no diminishing return on this sort of CC?

Does blocking this ability do anything to save you?
Edited by Solariken on August 22, 2014 3:52AM
  • Circuitous
    Circuitous
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Critical Charge does indeed have a minimum range. Did it actually show as multiple hits in the death recap? Sounds like it could've just been one absurdly damaging Critical Charge that rubberbanded to animate additional times.
    Thank Stendarr it’s Fredas.
    Elanirne: Altmer Templar Healer, DC
    Auria Dolabella: Imperial Nightblade Tank, DC
  • Solariken
    Solariken
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Yeah there were 5 different Critical Charges in the death recap - each one hit for ~ 650-680 damage.
  • Circuitous
    Circuitous
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    That's super weird. Don't suppose you /bug'd it at the time?
  • Brasseurfb16_ESO
    Brasseurfb16_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭
    Solariken wrote: »
    I've had lots of cheap deaths, but today I was in Cyrodiil riding solo from one keep to another when I see a Pact player riding solo directly toward me. As soon as we get in range, he Critical Charges me 5 times in a row rapid fire. I couldn't do anything about it because I was immobilized the whole time - I was dead in 5 seconds and he only used one ability. He pushed my [snip] in. I was laughing even though I felt like crying.

I tried using Break Free but the stupid animation for it just gave him time to Critical Charge me again. What is the minimum range on Critical Charge? He didn't really seem to back away from me between spams.

Is there no diminishing return on this sort of CC?

Does blocking this ability do anything to save you?

Next time try to dodge instead, it breaks any immobilize effects on you.

Break Free only works against Hard CC like disorients, fear, stuns, etc.

But yeah if you block his stampened when he uses it against you, you shouldn't be affected by the root done by this ability.
  • Cody
    Cody
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    just block it. if not, roll dodge.
  • Teargrants
    Teargrants
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    You saw a guy riding at you and you didn't stealth off your horse before engaging?
    POST EQVITEM SEDET ATRA CVRA
    ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
    EP ※ Teargrants ※
    EP ※ Kissgrants ※
    DC ※ Kirsi ※
    Vehemence Council
    #JustOutOfRenderRange
    ~Teargrants YouTube~
    ┬┴┬┴┤(・_├┬┴┬┴
  • Solariken
    Solariken
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Kirsika wrote: »
    You saw a guy riding at you and you didn't stealth off your horse before engaging?

Haha, no - but in my defense neither did he. I was planning an epic Toppling Charge to start me off. He beat me to the punch with his charge.
  • JLB
    JLB
    ✭✭✭✭
    An interesting way not to die. Seems bugs are all around :wink:24195_zps8ce94199.jpg
  • Azraeel
    Azraeel
    ✭✭✭
    JLB wrote: »
    An interesting way not to die. Seems bugs are all around :wink:24195_zps8ce94199.jpg

How did you survive the 24000 to get hit two more times? o.O
  • Circuitous
    Circuitous
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Been testing Critical Charge a bit myself. The minimum range is actually really short, enough that I can take a single step back and do a light attack > Critical Charge again. I can definitely see how he could hit you with it five times in a row. Bit silly.
  • JLB
    JLB
    ✭✭✭✭
    At @Azraeel
    Funny thing is the combat log goes upwards.
  • Cody
    Cody
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Tonight, I went thru a postern door... ended up dead on the other side.
  • Vizier
    Vizier
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I don't see an issue with it. My guess is you didn't block or dodge but were busy attempting to break cc and or ran out of stamina really quick if you were spamming cc break.

And as you admitted, the tactic you were going to use was somewhat similar. He just beat you to the punch.
  • ThyIronFist
    ThyIronFist
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Critical Charge doesn't immobilize you, that's Stampede. And Stampede does way lower damage than Critical Charge.
    The Elder Zergs Online
    Sainur Ironfist - DK - EU - Ebonheart Pact
    Retired