Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Rare Materials from Hirelings : statistics

Gyudan
Gyudan
✭✭✭✭✭
✭✭
Updated 13/09/14

After 152 deliveries from 3/3 blacksmithing, clothing and woodworking hirelings, as well as 38 deliveries from 3/3 enchanting hirelings, here are some stats:

Average drop chance of each legendary materials per 3/3 hireling per delivery:
- Tempering Alloy: 0.132 (drops in 0, 1 or 2) = 20 alloys/152 deliveries
- Dreugh Wax: 0.211 (drops in 0, 2 or 4) = 32 waxes/152 deliveries
- Rosin: 0.118 (drops in 0, 1 or 2) = 18 rosins/152 deliveries
- Kuta: 0.184 (drops in 0, 1 or 2) = 7 kutas/38 deliveries

I will update this topic and get more accurate values as time goes.
Edited by Gyudan on September 13, 2014 7:58PM
Wololo.
  • Artemiisia
    Artemiisia
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    so the point of the thread is?
  • Gyudan
    Gyudan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Just posting statistics to answer the "how many Kuta do I get from hirelings?" and "Why are my hirelings not dropping anything good since last patch?" posts.
    If you don't like it, don't up it.
    Wololo.
  • Tarukmockto
    Tarukmockto
    ✭✭✭
    I don't understand what the two axis of your chart represent. Is the vertical component the hours? And the horizontal component the number of rare items you received?
    NA - DC - DK - PC
  • Artemiisia
    Artemiisia
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    was wondering more, if you going to do it on a weekly based, and or if you need others to do the same, to compare notes actually.
  • Gyudan
    Gyudan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I don't understand what the two axis of your chart represent. Is the vertical component the hours? And the horizontal component the number of rare items you received?
    I've been counting the rare loots in each series of deliveries for the past 11 days or so. 23 entries indicate an average loot of 0.128 rare materials/hireling/12 hours.

Feel free to provide additional stats, I'll keep counting on my side.
    Wololo.
  • Tarukmockto
    Tarukmockto
    ✭✭✭
    Got it. So vertical is the number of items, and horizontal is number of deliveries, for all 26 Hirelings. When you say 'rare', do you mean purples? or yellows? or both?
    NA - DC - DK - PC
  • Gyudan
    Gyudan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Got it. So vertical is the number of items, and horizontal is number of deliveries, for all 26 Hirelings. When you say 'rare', do you mean purples? or yellows? or both?
    Only the legendary ones (alloy, wax, rosin, kuta). I edited the first post.
    Wololo.
  • Tarukmockto
    Tarukmockto
    ✭✭✭
    Thanks. Now that I understand the terms, I can better see how it compares to my own results. Thanks for putting this info together, it'll make a nice benchmark to work with.
    NA - DC - DK - PC
  • Ashtaris
    Ashtaris
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    What might be handier, if you would have the time, would be to chart each type of rare drop across the chart, using a different color for alloy, wax, rosin, and kuta's. That way we can get an idea if the deliveries are being somewhat fair, or if one is being badly nerfed.

I've always felt that Blacksmithing has always been the outcast when it comes to the availability of getting improvement items. For example, it seems far easier to get clothing Embroidery or Elegant Linings than blacksmithing Dwarven Oil and Grain Solvent. And if you look on the guild stores, the prices reflect that as well. Part of the problem is that there is probably a lot more people wearing light and medium armor, both of which use the same resins. Someday if ESO actually makes a decent Heavy Armor character instead of everyone running around with a Dress & Stick, that may change :)
    Edited by Ashtaris on September 3, 2014 7:03PM
  • Gyudan
    Gyudan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Updated 13/09/14
    Wololo.