The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

[removed]

SirEwan
SirEwan
✭✭✭
[removed]
Edited by SirEwan on November 22, 2014 11:05PM
Sorcerer Master Class.
PC Master Race.
http://www.twitch.tv/sirewan
  • MorHawk
    MorHawk
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Because reasons. Namely that homogeneity is a bad thing.

And as far as balance, consider that Dark Exchange uses stamina, and as you said, actually restores magicka. You underestimate the advantage that provides, in a game so heavily built around magicka.
    Edited by MorHawk on August 29, 2014 6:05PM
    Observant wrote: »
    I can count to potato.
    another topic that cant see past its own farts.
    WWJLHD?
  • Armitas
    Armitas
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Dragon blood is optimal to use when almost dead, not half dead. If you made it a channel it would just leave you dead before it worked. Beyond that I don't understand how the two are contingent upon each other.
    Edited by Armitas on August 29, 2014 6:52PM
    Retired.
    Nord mDK
  • frosth.darkomenb16_ESO
    frosth.darkomenb16_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭
    As a sorcerer myself, I believe the answer is: Because streak and lightning form.

Dk's are melee tankish, they need the instant heal in a fight because they can't get out of it.

Sorcerers have escape mechanics so their heals are more of a way to reset the fight than sustaining it.

When my group gets wiped, I'm usually the one that survives.
    Yes, I'm french. :wink:
    I even maxed out retreating maneuver for rp purposes.
  • Maverick827
    Maverick827
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Different classes do different things and have different abilities.
  • drogon1
    drogon1
    ✭✭✭✭
    Yawn.
  • apostate9
    apostate9
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    SirEwan wrote: »
    I find Dragon Blood to be extremely OP and while I know Dark Exchange also restores magicka, I feel for class balancing (in PvP especially) Dark Exchange should be instant cast or Dragon Blood should have a cast time, preferrably the latter.

Why? Just to *** you off. They're not going to change it just for you of course, which should really make your day. Keep the QQ coming!

Edited by apostate9 on August 30, 2014 2:03AM
  • MorHawk
    MorHawk
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    apostate9 wrote: »
    I find Dragon Blood to be extremely OP and while I know Dark Exchange also restores magicka, I feel for class balancing (in PvP especially) Dark Exchange should be instant cast or Dragon Blood should have a cast time, preferrably the latter.

Why? Just to *** you off. They're not going to change it just for you of course, which should really make your day. Keep the QQ coming!

Stay classy. :)
    Observant wrote: »
    I can count to potato.
    another topic that cant see past its own farts.
    WWJLHD?
  • Draxuul
    Draxuul
    ✭✭✭
    Can you imagine the amount of drama that would cause if Sorcs were able to instantly restore magicka at will for as long as they have stamina available ??

I don`t play either of the classes mentioned in this discussion and i can see an issue with the OP lol.

Picture this , sorc is starting to get low on magicka , POOF , a second later he`s back to nuking or healing himself or shielding himself. Now if he`s smart enough to try and boost his stam regen instead of his magicka regen which is already pretty good since he has class passives for that , then he pretty much never runs out of stam which in turn means he never runs out of magicka which in turn means he can instant heal/shield/nuke/blink as much as he wants.

People are already complaining about most of the things mentionned above .

This discussion looks to me as someone trying to hide his desire for more power behind a non existing ballance issue .

And yeah i don`t even play sorcs or DK`s, i only play templar lol.

Draxuul
    Be who you want to be , do what you want to do, play the way you want to play.

The Prophet once said :``There is no perfect choice , there are only other choices. ``

Same goes for your build. There is no perfect build, there are only other builds.

My name is Draxuul and i approve this message .

• Bleakraven
    Bleakraven
    ✭✭✭✭
    Because we don't want all classes to have the same abilities with just different names and/or visual effects.
  • Mendoze
    Mendoze
    ✭✭✭
    I think DKs need green dragon blood as an instant heal, but I think it should have same restrictions as bolt escape has. So increased cost and regen malus if spammed. Same for Templar super heals.
  • bertenburnyb16_ESO
    bertenburnyb16_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Mendoze wrote: »
    I think DKs need green dragon blood as an instant heal, but I think it should have same restrictions as bolt escape has. So increased cost and regen malus if spammed. Same for Templar super heals.

if you spam dragon blood your already increasing the cost, since it restores 33% of missing health, so the second time you use it it will heal you alot less than the first time, and so on, while it already costs a pretty magic penny
    and why are you even comparing an escape/stun skill with a heal skill... no sense was made with that
    furthermore I tent to disagree with OP as what was already mentioned, DB cost magic, and DK's are melee fighters, DE costs stam and sorcs have alot of ranged options and escape mechs
    Haze Ramoran Dunmer Dragonknight Tank/Dps – Smoked-Da-Herb Saxheel Templar Tank/Healer

Red Diamond, Protect us 'til the end (EU EP Thorn)
  • Lorkhan
    Lorkhan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Different classes do different things and have different abilities.

dk dragon blood, templar blazing shield, sorc bolt escape and nightblade shadow cloak:
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2Z4m4lnjxkY
    Edited by Lorkhan on September 10, 2014 2:14PM
  • sarttsarttsarttub17_ESO
    you're going to get a bunch of idiot trolls on forums lol you for this post. Dragons bloods needs to be removed / reworked or toned down to 15% health regen.

• sarttsarttsarttub17_ESO
    Bleakraven wrote: »
    Because we don't want all classes to have the same abilities with just different names and/or visual effects.
    yet 1 class gets everything better than all the other classes. GG class balance.
  • Mendoze
    Mendoze
    ✭✭✭
    Mendoze wrote: »

why are you even comparing an escape/stun skill with a heal skill... no sense was made with that

Bolt Escape is sorcerer's defense mechanism, just like green dragon blood is DKs. I think it makes a perfect sense from my perspective. Sorcerer ability gives them distance, so that's why I don't think Dark Excange should be instant, but DKs need their heal immediately, because they are most of time in melee combat.

Edited by Mendoze on September 11, 2014 9:09AM