Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

What if...

Docmandu
Docmandu
✭✭✭✭✭
Casting skills while holding block, reduces their effectiveness by 50% ?

• Kcttocs
    Kcttocs
    ✭✭✭
    nope. Please don't even suggest another nerf.
    Edited by Kcttocs on August 28, 2014 9:16AM
  • Docmandu
    Docmandu
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    That didn't answer the "What if..." part! :smile:
  • Azraeel
    Azraeel
    ✭✭✭
    What if... pvpers would stop ruining the game with silly suggestions?
    It is like some people spend all their time trying to come up with different nerfs, which might I add, most of the times are changes that doesn't affect them.
  • Docmandu
    Docmandu
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Azraeel wrote: »
    It is like some people spend all their time trying to come up with different nerfs, which might I add, most of the times are changes that doesn't affect them.

So if I read your comment correctly, it would ruin PvE if a caster can't spam DPS spells while blocking (well he can, but will be less efficient while doing it)? I'd think a PvE group would prefer that caster would reposition or stop doing DPS and start CC'ing the mob that is beating on him? no?
  • Pmarsico9
    Pmarsico9
    ✭✭✭✭
    Docmandu wrote: »

So if I read your comment correctly, it would ruin PvE if a caster can't spam DPS spells while blocking (well he can, but will be less efficient while doing it)? I'd think a PvE group would prefer that caster would reposition or stop doing DPS and start CC'ing the mob that is beating on him? no?

Large assumption to think that every class has CC, no?
  • Docmandu
    Docmandu
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Pmarsico9 wrote: »

Large assumption to think that every class has CC, no?

Or heal, or cast a shield, or or or... ie. something else than stand there, ignore the mob and continue doing the DPS rotation.
  • Nox_Aeterna
    Nox_Aeterna
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Funny assumption.

What makes you think that is what a "PvE group" prefers? There are groups and groups, players and players.

Dont try to make this about PvE , this is clearly a call you want because of PvP that will also nerf PvE players , that simple. I dont see PvE players here asking for this at all.
    "Never attribute to malice that which is adequately explained by stupidity."
    -Hanlon's razor
  • Docmandu
    Docmandu
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Funny assumption.

What makes you think that is what a "PvE group" prefers? There are groups and groups, players and players.

Dont try to make this about PvE , this is clearly a call you want because of PvP that will also nerf PvE players , that simple. I dont see PvE players here asking for this at all.

Why is it so hard to have a civil discussion?

As for PvE'ers not asking for it.. maybe, but the post below this one, http://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/discussion/129384/the-tanking-issue-there-aren-t-tanks-the-tank-role-is-non-existent -- mentions all the game is stack up and spam DPS/heals in PvE.. so seems like there is room to discuss these things.
  • Pmarsico9
    Pmarsico9
    ✭✭✭✭

Funny assumption.

Why is it so hard to have a civil discussion?

As for PvE'ers not asking for it.. maybe, but the post below this one, http://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/discussion/129384/the-tanking-issue-there-aren-t-tanks-the-tank-role-is-non-existent -- mentions all the game is stack up and spam DPS/heals in PvE.. so seems like there is room to discuss these things.

It's worse in PVP. That is only in regards to trials. In truly competitive PVP, the dominant strategy is zergball impulse batswarm spam blob loltrain.

If you are concerned about situations such as what your OP is about, you aren't referring to truly competitive PVP. You are likely talking about some hipster low-pop 7 day realm or something that isn't about PVP at all.

Blocking while casting is massive importantly for shields and healing too, btw.

The majority of this game's PVE is designed for solo play.
    Edited by Pmarsico9 on August 28, 2014 5:59PM
  • Athas24
    Athas24
    ✭✭✭✭
    I'd think a PvE group would prefer that caster would reposition or stop doing DPS and start CC'ing the mob that is beating on him? no?

No.
    ...OverTwerked & Underpaid.
    Rajaat04 in game @Athas24 on forums
  • Artemiisia
    Artemiisia
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    What if OP gets reduced by 50% effectiveness

stop asking for nerfs, that surely aint even game changing, if you die to this all the time. I have one importain rule, that most thankfully knows.

dont stand in stupid = fire bad, red circles on the ground bad
  • Cody
    Cody
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    players should not be able to cast while blocking. I don't do this, and iv done PvE zones all the way to Vr10 with little trouble. MAYBE this would affect a tank..... maybe.
  • Docmandu
    Docmandu
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Cody wrote: »
    players should not be able to cast while blocking. I don't do this, and iv done PvE zones all the way to Vr10 with little trouble. MAYBE this would affect a tank..... maybe.

Well it's in the game, so why not use it (I do it too on my sorc).. but I do think it takes away some skill in the combat (ie. no need to position yourself). Then again, my background is daoc, where casters were interrupted, unable to cast under normal conditions if they were hit by anything. It meant positioning was very important.

Both for PvP and PvE (since people want to turn it into a QQ don't "nerf" for PvX, choose X as you prefer)

Anyway ZOS isn't going to change it anyway, but thought it would be nice to see what people think what would come of it.. but alas, typical internet forums these days, everybody is immediately ready with their pitch forks :smile:

Edited by Docmandu on August 28, 2014 9:01PM