The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• [COMPLETE] PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Sorc Self Healing ideas

Kcttocs
Kcttocs
✭✭✭
Ok, so I am leveling a Sorc. I am roughly at level 39 using Destro & Resto staff. I finally got Critical Surge Morphed to give healing on crits, and have MageLight morphed to inner light for the extra crits, have Impulse morphed to Pulsar for AOE and have boundless storm morphed from Lighting storm for extra protection and a little AOE as well. I find this works pretty well as long as I have a lot of mobs nearby and spam Pulsar, I can usually out dps the mob. That's 4 slots on my bar, I have to activate two slots before I run into battle. I don't use my pets any more because after I activate critical surge and boundless storm, I am running at a about 60-70% majika and don't want to loose another 10% for the pet. I can still take out most mobs, but I am wondering if there are some alternate better methods to better utilize what I have as a Sorc to take out smaller groups or a boss and maintain the healing without breaking out my resto staff.
  • AlexDougherty
    AlexDougherty
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    There is a mage guild ability that damages enemies and heals, not sure how effective it is though.
    Also the blood altar ability in Dauntless skill line heals, but I don't think it damages.
    People believe what they either want to be true or what they are afraid is true!
    Wizard's first rule
    Passion rules reason
    Wizard's third rule
    Mind what people Do, not what they say, for actions betray a lie.
    Wizard's fifth rule
    Willfully turning aside from the truth is treason to one's self
    Wizard's tenth rule
  • Garion
    Garion
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Well, you mention not wanting to use a resto staff, but healing ward (morphed to the ward that heals on expiration) is a great shield + self heal for sorcs (and any class, for that matter).
    Lastobeth - VR16 Sorc - PvP Rank 41 (AD)
    Lastoblyat - VR16 Templar - PvP Rank 14 (AD)
    Ninja Pete - VR16 NB - PvP Rank 10 (AD)
    Labo the Banana Slayer - VR14 Sorc - PvP Rank 12 (EP)

Member of Banana Squad | Officer of Arena
  • Nestor
    Nestor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I found my Sorc loosing health a little too quickly, so I put a skill point into Lightening Form. Does DoT and increases protection at the same time. This has eliminated my need for healing except in some boss battles.

The only multiple mobs that have killed me is when a Pug I was in yesterday morning kited every single zombie outside the Vile Lab into a large mass. The 4 of us would go off in different directions and bring them all to one place. 3 of us died during that one. It was fun. From then on, we just tried to grab half the zombies at a time.
    Enjoy the game, life is what you really want to be worried about.

PakKat "Everything was going well, until I died"
    Gary Gravestink "I am glad you died, I needed the help"

• Kcttocs
    Kcttocs
    ✭✭✭
    Thanks for the replies. Seems I must be doing it about right then. Will have to break out the resto for those emergencies, and might start using that Blood Alter for some of the bosses to help keep topped off or break out my Summoned Twighlight that heals me. She has saved me a few times, but kinda sucks when she dies before I can get a heal...
    Nestor wrote: »
    I found my Sorc loosing health a little too quickly, so I put a skill point into Lightening Form. Does DoT and increases protection at the same time. This has eliminated my need for healing except in some boss battles.
    Boundless Storm is the Morph of Lightening form, I currently use it. I hate spamming Pulsar, but it seems the most reliable way to trigger my self heals when fighting multiple mobs. I am just used to my Templar heals, so takes some getting used to not having an oh crap button and healing myself.