Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – March 26, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• [COMPLETE] PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – March 26, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Templar Charge bugged(?)

CaptainSilverbrow
CaptainSilverbrow
✭✭✭
When I use this against players, I get locked out of my bar for anywhere between 2-6 seconds, unable to so much as light or heavy attack, and that isn't an exaggeration. I don't think it's a delimiting ramp-up because when I tested it a few times last night, I could get as low as 2-ish seconds between uses. It's actually worse when I just belt it out, looking like a dunce for six seconds while my target pummels me.

This is pretty bloody awful for a spell that's supposed to interrupt and stun casting targets for up to 3 seconds, worse still for its morph, which more applicably stuns for 1.5 seconds, but sets casting targets off balance for 5. What good is a 1.5/3 second stun (pre-morph and morph, respectively) if I can't even cast defensive spells, let alone swing my weapon, for 2-6 seconds?
  • Tamanous
    Tamanous
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Happens to me too but even outside of the charge ability. I have died too many times to this. I have sent several tickets in regarding this bug and patch after patch I still freeze up and get obliterated in combat and my pocket drained of gold for repairs.

If this happens often in pvp once I begin it with my Templar I will spam ZOS a dozen tickets a day. It truly is THAT annoying and game breaking. Between the weapon swap bug, puncturing strikes sometimes not working at all and my character freezing often I must say my enjoyment for playing a Templar swings wildly from my fav class to my worst at times.
    Edited by Tamanous on August 26, 2014 2:22AM
  • h1roshim4_ESO
    h1roshim4_ESO
    ✭✭
    Yeah charge is pretty bad compared to the shield one. It's got some cooldown that wont let you attack for a second or two. It's almost useless if you have access to the sword and shield. That charge has zero delay or cooldown.
  • Moltier
    Moltier
    ✭✭
    Old bug, still not fixed. Reported it many times. Eventually stopped using the skill, because often it stuns you for longer then the enemy.
    As a bonus, sometimes you dont even make the charge. Just get a light spear in your hand, and you can run with it for a good minute. Ofc you cant attack, or anything, but it sooo cool (not).
  • CaptainSilverbrow
    CaptainSilverbrow
    ✭✭✭
    Moltier wrote: »
    Old bug, still not fixed. Reported it many times. Eventually stopped using the skill, because often it stuns you for longer then the enemy.
    But with the skill in mind, as it should be working, I... I don't wanna stop using it, I wanna engage it in amorous congress (button spam), because as a melee Templar, ToT is my kryptonite, man! I should be zippity-zappin' across the field after fellow jazz cats like a Pokeychu chasin' down a puddin' pop.
    As a bonus, sometimes you dont even make the charge. Just get a light spear in your hand, and you can run with it for a good minute. Ofc you cant attack, or anything, but it sooo cool (not).
    One guy I was sparring with pitied me when that happened. He just stopped attacking, /pointed, /laughed, and proceeded to /dance. Templar'ing ain't easy, man... we're the only class that, despite being in a terrible way, has (bugged) GCDs and CDs applied to any of our spells (as far as I know, anyway).
    Edited by CaptainSilverbrow on August 27, 2014 4:45AM
  • JLB
    JLB
    ✭✭✭✭
    Templar'ing ain't easy, man... we're the only class that, despite being in a terrible way, has (bugged) GCDs and CDs applied to any of our spells (as far as I know, anyway).
    You are so right about this.
    It's sad the class has 2 skills with an internal cooldown in a game with no CDs.
    And thank god they removed the CD on Puncturing Strikes at least :neutral_face:
    Focused Charged is the winner, but you also have like 1 second CD when you use Solar barrage. I wonder if Devs actually know about this, because it makes no sense. The more I play Templar the more it feels like a class done last minute. Lack of passive synergies and things like this silly CDs might prove this.
  • timidobserver
    timidobserver
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Hopefully someone that can be bothered to make threads and spam tickets daily about this issue will come along. That is probably the only way to get their attention.
    V16 Uriel Stormblessed EP Magicka Templar(main)
    V16 Derelict Vagabond EP Stamina DK
    V16 Redacted Ep Stam Sorc
    V16 Insolent EP Magicka Sorc(retired)
    V16 Jed I Nyte EP Stamina NB(retired)

• CaptainSilverbrow
    CaptainSilverbrow
    ✭✭✭
    Or you could always @ZOS_JessicaFolsom‌ / @ZOS_GinaBruno‌ , and ask if there's anything that can be done to get some dev' help with this problem, maybe in time for 1.4.

Personally, I'm more of a "bin of tickets, one obnoxious post" kinda guy.

EDIT:
    JLB wrote: »
    And thank god they removed the CD on Puncturing Strikes at least

I think it still has either an ICD, or shortened GCD. Thanks, ZOSbama.
    Edited by CaptainSilverbrow on August 27, 2014 11:49PM
  • timidobserver
    timidobserver
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Or you could always @ZOS_JessicaFolsom‌ / @ZOS_GinaBruno‌ , and ask if there's anything that can be done to get some dev' help with this problem, maybe in time for 1.4.

Personally, I'm more of a "bin of tickets, one obnoxious post" kinda guy.

EDIT:
    JLB wrote: »
    And thank god they removed the CD on Puncturing Strikes at least

I think it still has either an ICD, or shortened GCD. Thanks, ZOSbama.

People have been mentioning the buggy state of this ability forever and nothing ever gets done. The only people that get any attention around here are those that threaten to quit the game and make tons of rage threads and rage tickets. Too bad I can't be bothered to do all that lol.
    V16 Uriel Stormblessed EP Magicka Templar(main)
    V16 Derelict Vagabond EP Stamina DK
    V16 Redacted Ep Stam Sorc
    V16 Insolent EP Magicka Sorc(retired)
    V16 Jed I Nyte EP Stamina NB(retired)

• CaptainSilverbrow
    CaptainSilverbrow
    ✭✭✭
    People have been mentioning the buggy state of this ability forever and nothing ever gets done. The only people that get any attention around here are those that threaten to quit the game and make tons of rage threads and rage tickets. Too bad I can't be bothered to do all that lol.

Yessir, I've no apparition about me and my little thread here that I'm the first to sojourn the forlorn, yet untrod Trail of Inquiry, somehow thus paving this winding, perilous road that should hopefully lead us to a brighter future, one where we resplendent trailblazers are rewarded for our intrepid incursions into our adversaries' faces with gloriously, seamlessly functioning rapture, or an untimely, but beautiful death. The latter, more often than not, because it's fun, though it's most certainly miscible with the former. Victory is a possibility, but that's an inth of the fun.

Tl,dr: Nah, brah, but we should nevertheless keep trying. :) Maybe I'll impress myself unto them as more pedestrian and vulgar in my next few tickets; let's see if we, together, we glowy few, can't virtually browbeat at least some recognition out of 'em. We'll totes be charging to our deaths without a care in the world someday.
  • booksmcread
    booksmcread
    ✭✭✭✭
    I kinda get the feeling that it is either working as intended or they don't care.
  • CaptainSilverbrow
    CaptainSilverbrow
    ✭✭✭
    I kinda get the feeling that it is either working as intended or they don't care.

Is that Charge's status, or the STATE OF THE GAME? You've just summarized ESO in nice, concise terms; I applaud you, sir. ;.;
  • Moltier
    Moltier
    ✭✭
    This is from a bug report:

"Thanks for the fast response with the info. Like I said before, even though I was only referring to one skill charge. Our developers are aware of this, and putting all their effort in to getting this solved as soon as possible.

Unfortunately, I cannot provide you an ETA on when this will be fixed. But we expect it to be quite soon."

Its better then nothing i guess, i just dont understand why its so hard to post such a message on the forum.
  • Tamanous
    Tamanous
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yes these "Enemies get a free second to smash your face" delays after some Templar abilities is getting very frustrating. Stamina charges CLEARLY have no delay. Devs even ADDED a delay to Puncturing Strikes and later removed it but can't figure out what causes delay on other Templar abilities?

I think someone is snoozing at their keyboard over at ZoS. I still refuse to go back and play my Nightblade as fixes for that class seem too challenging for ZoS. Adding content while giving players broken tools when playing said content is a not a great development choice.
    Edited by Tamanous on September 6, 2014 7:42PM