Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

How the heck do I get to new areas? I cant seem to get there....

Talrenos
Talrenos
✭✭✭✭
I started a character, and during creation was forced to choose a faction, so Im an Admeri Dominion thing. So now I have reached a point where my quests have run out in the progression and the areas I am in. I am trying to go to other lands, which I see on the map, but there does not seem to be a way to get there, I keep trying to walk there, ride there, climb mountains, etc, but I must be missing something, so someone please tell me how to get to other lands in this game...
  • Evergnar
    Evergnar
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    By boat my friend. Head down to the docks.
  • MeowGinger
    MeowGinger
    ✭✭✭
    Which zone are you in? You need to finish the Auridon questline (with Raz and the queen) in order to get to Grahtwood. From Grahtwood, you can walk to any of the other AD zones.
  • Evergnar
    Evergnar
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Boat my friend.
    Evergnar wrote: »
    By boat my friend. Head down to the docks.
    edit: boat to Grahtwood is out of Skywatch
  • Resueht
    Resueht
    ✭✭✭
    I haven't done AD, but it should still work the same. I guarantee that you have not completed every quest as they should direct you to the next zone. Would you be able to post your quest progression so far?
    If she doesn't know the pain of cliffracers, she's too young for you.
  • Talrenos
    Talrenos
    ✭✭✭✭
    Resueht wrote: »
    I haven't done AD, but it should still work the same. I guarantee that you have not completed every quest as they should direct you to the next zone. Would you be able to post your quest progression so far?

Uh, I have done all of those zones, I am currently doing quests in Coldharbor, but that's a totally different plane and there is nothing attached to it. Let me clarify, how do I get to Stonefalls or any number of other lands I see on my map but cant seem to get to...
  • Talrenos
    Talrenos
    ✭✭✭✭
    MeowGinger wrote: »
    Which zone are you in? You need to finish the Auridon questline (with Raz and the queen) in order to get to Grahtwood. From Grahtwood, you can walk to any of the other AD zones.

I have done all thst, how do I get to non-AD zones?
  • andre.roques.3b14_ESO
    You have to complete Coldharbor which is basically the main story. That will open up the Ebonheart Pact area, starting from begining. Once you complete the EP area that will open up the Daggerfall areas.
    Edited by andre.roques.3b14_ESO on August 27, 2014 8:08PM
    NA MegaServer
    Alicron AD Altmer Templar
    Caltrinity EP Dunmer Sorcerer
    Brehhanon Moonblood DC Breton Nightblade
  • Evergnar
    Evergnar
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    You have to complete Coldharbor which is basically the main story. That will open up the Ebonheart Pact area, starting from begining. Once you complete the EP area that will open up the Daggerfall areas.
    ^This
    Edited by Evergnar on August 27, 2014 8:09PM
  • Cynnalia
    Cynnalia
    ✭✭✭
    You need to finish the main quest and then you will be given the quest line that will take you to the other factions' zones. It will be in order, though....you'll have to do all the main story quest lines for one faction before you can get to the last one.
    NA PS4 Daggerfall Covenant Characters -- CP 755

Sulin Shadowdancer -- Redguard Nightblade -- Dragonstar Arena Champion, General Executioner, Tamriel Hero
    Ysorya Traven - Breton Sorcerer -- Monster Hunter, Master Angler, Explorer, Maelstrom Arena Champion, Tamriel Hero
    Eriah A'kiranya-- Redguard Dragon Knight, tank
    Sybilline Travadon -- Altmer Templar -- Maelstrom Arena Champion
    At-Sixes-and-Sevens -- Argonian Templar, healer
    Mercurial Malice -- Dunmer Nightblade
    Fern Gullie -- Bosmer Warden, level 45
    Ghareshi-ri - Khajiit, Necromancer, level 9
  • ZOS_AmeliaR
    ZOS_AmeliaR
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Just a heads up that we've moved this thread to the New Player Questions section, as it fits better here. Thank you to everyone who has hopped in so far with helpful information for the OP!
    The Elder Scrolls Online: Tamriel Unlimited - ZeniMax Online Studios
    Facebook | Twitter | Google+ | Tumblr | Pinterest | YouTube | ESO Knowledge Base
    Staff Post
  • Talrenos
    Talrenos
    ✭✭✭✭
    Cynnalia wrote: »
    You need to finish the main quest and then you will be given the quest line that will take you to the other factions' zones. It will be in order, though....you'll have to do all the main story quest lines for one faction before you can get to the last one.

So I cant just go there now? How can I sneak into an enemy city and cause havoc?
  • Cynnalia
    Cynnalia
    ✭✭✭
    No, you can't get to the other factions' PvE zones before the quest that sends you there. The only place to cause havoc with the enemy factions is in Cyrodiil's PVP zone.
    NA PS4 Daggerfall Covenant Characters -- CP 755

Sulin Shadowdancer -- Redguard Nightblade -- Dragonstar Arena Champion, General Executioner, Tamriel Hero
    Ysorya Traven - Breton Sorcerer -- Monster Hunter, Master Angler, Explorer, Maelstrom Arena Champion, Tamriel Hero
    Eriah A'kiranya-- Redguard Dragon Knight, tank
    Sybilline Travadon -- Altmer Templar -- Maelstrom Arena Champion
    At-Sixes-and-Sevens -- Argonian Templar, healer
    Mercurial Malice -- Dunmer Nightblade
    Fern Gullie -- Bosmer Warden, level 45
    Ghareshi-ri - Khajiit, Necromancer, level 9
  • fromtesonlineb16_ESO
    fromtesonlineb16_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Talrenos wrote: »
    So I cant just go there now? How can I sneak into an enemy city and cause havoc?
    You can't, this isn't a game like WOW or Rift, say, where you can go to all zones in the game whenever you like, you need to follow the rides on the theme park and get taken there by the hand.

Don't believe the "play as you want" rubbish, follow the tram-lines and you'll get there, eventually.
    Edited by fromtesonlineb16_ESO on August 28, 2014 6:20AM