The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 15:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – April 16, 8:00AM EDT (12:00 UTC) - 6:00PM EDT (22:00 UTC)

Will Vvardenfell Ever Be Added?

Publius_Scipio
Publius_Scipio
✭✭✭✭✭
✭✭✭
Like many of you I really enjoyed Morrowind over a decade ago. It is the game that introduced the Elder Scrolls universe to me. Does anyone know, or possibly care to theorize on when Vvardenfell will be added to ESO?

I think it will be awesome to revisit our memories of Morrowind in ESO. And if ZOS does add it I hope it isn't a watered down version, but rather a full scale version in all its glory (of course with the changes of ESO taking place approx. 1,000 years before the events of Morrowind the game).

There is just a ton of Tamriel left on the map for ZOS to fill in. Or do you maybe think they possibly will never fill in Tamriel during ESO's lifespan?
Edited by Publius_Scipio on August 27, 2014 4:41PM
  • Enemy-of-Coldharbour
    Enemy-of-Coldharbour
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I hear they have a five year plan for ESO, so I believe those empty areas of the Tamriel map will be filled at some point (at least I hope so).
    Silivren (Silly) Thalionwen | Altmer Templar | Magicka | 9-Trait Master Crafter/Jeweler | Master Angler | PVE Main - Killed by U35
    Jahsul at-Sahan | Redguard Sorcerer | Stamina | Werewolf - Free Bites | PVP Main
    Derrok Gunnolf | Redguard Dragonknight | Stamina | Werewolf - Free Bites
    Liliana Littleleaf | 9-Trait Grand Master Crafter/Jeweler (non-combat)
    Amber Emberheart | Breton Dragonknight | Stamina | Master Angler
    Vlos Anon | Dunmer Nightblade | Magicka | Vampire - Free Bites
    Kalina Valos | Dunmer Warden | Magicka | Vampire - Free Bites
    Swiftpaws-Moonshadow | Khajiit Nightblade | Stamina
    Morgul Vardar | Altmer Necromancer | Magicka
    Tithin Geil | Altmer Sorceress | Magicka
    Dhryk | Imperial Dragonknight | Stamina

Guild Master - ESO Traders Union
    PC/NA - CP 2250+
  • Gilvoth
    Gilvoth
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    it makes no sence whatso-ever that Vvardenfell, Balmora, Vivec city, Morrowind and all that was in morrowind is not in eso!
    i cant believe that Vvardenfell was not the very first creation and design of eso from the very start. and to be honest it's shocking and leaves me speechless that the developers haven't made Vvardenfell a top priority in eso.
    the entire core and breath that is within elderscrolls is all about morrowind and its culture and the peoples of Vvardenfell and thier launguage. none of it seems to even be in eso and it is honestly a downright disgrace to ignore and not include and / or even make Vvardenfell it's own area.
    where is Vvardenfell? why is it not happening and why was it not implimented from the very start and very core of elderscrolls online?
  • Circuitous
    Circuitous
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    In 3E 414, Vvardenfell Territory, previously a Temple preserve under Imperial protection, was reorganized as an Imperial Provincial District. Vvardenfell had been maintained as a preserve administrated by the Temple since the Treaty of the Armistice, and except for a few Great House settlements sanctioned by the Temple, Vvardenfell was previously uninhabited and undeveloped. But when the centuries-old Temple ban on trade and settlement of Vvardenfell was revoked by King of Morrowind, a flood of Imperial colonists and Great House Dunmer came to Vvardenfell, expanding old settlements and building new ones.

There's barely anything there.
    Thank Stendarr it’s Fredas.
    Elanirne: Altmer Templar Healer, DC
    Auria Dolabella: Imperial Nightblade Tank, DC
  • dsalter
    dsalter
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    it makes no sence whatso-ever that Vvardenfell, Balmora, Vivec city, Morrowind and all that was in morrowind is not in eso!
    i cant believe that Vvardenfell was not the very first creation and design of eso from the very start. and to be honest it's shocking and leaves me speechless that the developers haven't made Vvardenfell a top priority in eso.
    the entire core and breath that is within elderscrolls is all about morrowind and its culture and the peoples of Vvardenfell and thier launguage. none of it seems to even be in eso and it is honestly a downright disgrace to ignore and not include and / or even make Vvardenfell it's own area.
    where is Vvardenfell? why is it not happening and why was it not implimented from the very start and very core of elderscrolls online?

it's mostly waste land and ashlanders at the moment, perfect for an end game danger zone mind with plenty of raids
    PLEASE REPLY TO ME WITH @dsalter otherwise i'm likely to miss the reply if its not my own thread

EU - [Arch Mage Dave] Altmer Sorcerer
    Fight back at the crates and boxes, together we can change things.

• Publius_Scipio
    Publius_Scipio
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    dsalter wrote: »

it's mostly waste land and ashlanders at the moment, perfect for an end game danger zone mind with plenty of raids
    Ghostgate/Ghostfence should still be around. Red Mountain and Dagoth Ur will be there. Many of the ancient main cities such as Vivec should be standing I believe. Definitely all of the Dwemer ruins will be there to explore. Also there is a lot of 1st era lore with the great war and the tribunal to explore. Possible tombs scattered around to explore.
    Edited by Publius_Scipio on August 27, 2014 5:35PM
  • MasterSpatula
    MasterSpatula
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I support this only if it's mostly an uncivilized wasteland occupied by the Temple and by Ashlanders AND if they introduce the Velothi architecture style.

Also, the old Dumneri strongholds should be around.
    "A probable impossibility is preferable to an improbable possibility." - Aristotle
  • Nestor
    Nestor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Dang, I just started the EP with Caldwells Silver and was so hoping that Vvardenfell was a place we could go to. I was looking forward to having a snifter of Dagoth Brandy with Dagoth Ur
    Enjoy the game, life is what you really want to be worried about.

PakKat "Everything was going well, until I died"
    Gary Gravestink "I am glad you died, I needed the help"

• bertenburnyb16_ESO
    bertenburnyb16_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    they better not screw up Vvardenfell!
    also, at the map size of eso, Vvardenfell would be aprox 2 eso maps big, and I fear it would turn out very small compared to the original (just compare the size of eso's ebonheart on the eso map, and then check where vivec city ought to be on the eso map, it would turn out smaller, and eso's ebonheart is like a little town)
    Haze Ramoran Dunmer Dragonknight Tank/Dps – Smoked-Da-Herb Saxheel Templar Tank/Healer

Red Diamond, Protect us 'til the end (EU EP Thorn)
  • KhajitFurTrader
    KhajitFurTrader
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    If Vvardenfell is done, I want the Cliffracers to be so obnoxiously annoying that everyone, everyone comes here to cry nerf! Everyone should cringe and break out in a cold sweat upon hearing the sound of the terror from the skies:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xn_h9L4l2Rg

Only then we will know it's been done right. :D
  • ers101284b14_ESO
    ers101284b14_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    If Vvardenfell is done, I want the Cliffracers to be so obnoxiously annoying that everyone, everyone comes here to cry nerf! Everyone should cringe and break out in a cold sweat upon hearing the sound of the terror from the skies:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xn_h9L4l2Rg

Only then we will know it's been done right. :D

And you only have a 10% chance of hitting them so long as your looking straight up and using a bow because You will never hit it with your sword.
  • Nestor
    Nestor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    also, at the map size of eso, Vvardenfell would be aprox 2 eso maps big, and I fear it would turn out very small compared to the original (just compare the size of eso's ebonheart on the eso map, and then check where vivec city ought to be on the eso map, it would turn out smaller, and eso's ebonheart is like a little town)

I made a mod called Travel Essentials that included a Jet Pack for Levitating. I also use the mod that removes the fog all the way out on the map. Anyway, get up in the air a bit and you can see just how small the island really is. I could float above the Bitter Coast and see the Telvanni Towns.

• Carnagan
    Carnagan
    ✭✭✭
    Ghostgate/Ghostfence should still be around. Red Mountain and Dagoth Ur will be there.

Dagoth Ur won't be there. Dagoth was believed dead by the Tribunal until his reappearance in 2E 882. ESO is taking place in 2E 582, some 300 years too early.

The Ghostfence wasn't created until he became a threat, so it won't exist either.

Anything that takes place on Vvardenfell has to be designed so that it does not touch upon Dagoth Ur or remotely suggest that he's alive. Otherwise the Tribunal would have been all over the island long before he was strong enough to reveal himself.
    Edited by Carnagan on August 27, 2014 8:23PM
    "You dream of the Moon and a man who is less than a man."
    Proud explorer of Tamriel since 1996
  • smeeprocketnub19_ESO
    smeeprocketnub19_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    You know, I was in stonefalls recently, and I actually saw the shadow of a cliffracer passing overhead (didn't look up in time to see if there was a graphic for it.)

I got this feeling of dread, and waited for 20 more shadows to pass overhead and then attack me. God the sound when they hit you... I used to rage so hard having to fight even one of those things. Solstheim was a relief, even if they had spriggans you had to kill 3xs each and hoards of dangerous rieklings.

But anyway, yea it is a wasteland, it would be a lot of fun. No Imperial presence either, so really, nothing much there at all.

The heart of Lorkhan could do a cameo or something. /shrug
    Dear Sister, I do not spread rumors, I create them.
  • Publius_Scipio
    Publius_Scipio
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Cyrodiil is very large and almost as large as it was in Oblivion (the game). I don't see why they can't make a Vvardenfell to scale.
  • Publius_Scipio
    Publius_Scipio
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Carnagan wrote: »
    Ghostgate/Ghostfence should still be around. Red Mountain and Dagoth Ur will be there.

Dagoth Ur won't be there. Dagoth was believed dead by the Tribunal until his reappearance in 2E 882. ESO is taking place in 2E 582, some 300 years too early.

The Ghostfence wasn't created until he became a threat, so it won't exist either.

Anything that takes place on Vvardenfell has to be designed so that it does not touch upon Dagoth Ur or remotely suggest that he's alive. Otherwise the Tribunal would have been all over the island long before he was strong enough to reveal himself.
    http://elderscrolls.wikia.com/wiki/Ghostfence

If this source is accurate Ghostfence was created in the 1st era. And whether or not Dagoth Ur was believed to be dead, he was dormant all that time. I don't see that changing anything if Vvardenfell is added to ESO.

Like I said in my post above. The Vvardenfell we explore in ESO would have all those Dwemer ruins, and they can add cool elements showcasing the great war that took place between the chimer and dwemer. There could be old battlefields to explore, etc.

ESO can also fill in the gaps with events that specifically occurred during the great war through quests. Acquired by talking to ghosts or whatever.
    Edited by Publius_Scipio on August 27, 2014 10:01PM
  • smeeprocketnub19_ESO
    smeeprocketnub19_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭

If this source is accurate Ghostfence was created in the 1st era. And whether or not Dagoth Ur was believed to be dead, he was dormant all that time. I don't see that changing anything if Vvardenfell is added to ESO.

Like I said in my post above. The Vvardenfell we explore in ESO would have all those Dwemer ruins, and they can add cool elements showcasing the great war that took place between the chimer and dwemer. There could be old battlefields to explore, etc.

ESO can also fill in the gaps with events that specifically occurred during the great war through quests. Acquired by talking to ghosts or whatever.

Those ruins weren't really all that big tbh. I always felt the morrowind dwemer ruins were woefully small.

Now Skyrim, that had some awesome dwemer ruins.

I would really like to see dungeons and the like on a scale more like skyrim's. It's okay to have small delves most of the time, but a twisting, labyrinthine massive ruin of some sort would be divine.
  • Ser Lobo
    Ser Lobo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I look forward to a grand, empty adventure zone roughly the size Cyrodiil is currently. No map points. No wayshrines. Travel by foot or horseback, but travel the hard way.

Only a few ashlander villages (where they will almost assuredly be hostile towards you, unless you manage to discover how to win their favor, before you can even do quests for them). Maybe one or two dunmer outposts that a player can land at before exploring.

Rich in resources and mineral, as well as dangers. We're talking group content AND solo content. Mobile mobs, not stuck in one area anchor. Wildlife that runs away from you. And dust storms that can kill you if you are caught unaware.

Vampire clans that are extremely territorial and offer vampire players more evolution and distinction, including changing in skin coloring and abilities.

Massive dwemer ruins which are waiting to be searched and explored.

Key points: Empty. Huge. Dangerous. Solo capable (for most content). Group friendly. Exploration rich.
    Ruze Aulus. Mayor of Dhalmora. Archer, hunter, assassin. Nightblade.
    Gral. Mountain Terror. Barbarian, marauder, murderer. Nightblade.
    Na'Djin. Knight-Blade. Knight, vanguard, defender. Nightblade.

XBOX NA
    Ruze is a veteran of the PC Beta, lived through the year one drought, survived the buy-to-play conversion, and has stepped foot in the hells known as Craglorn. He mained a nightlbade when nightblades weren't good, and has never worn a robe. He converted from PC during the console betas, and hasn't regretted it a moment since.

He'd rank ESO:TU (in it's current state) a 4.8 out of 5, loving the game almost entirely.

This is an multiplayer game. I should be able to log in, join a dungeon, join a battleground, queue for a dolmen or world boss or delve, teleport in, play for 20 minutes, and not worry about getting kicked, failing to join, having perfect voice coms, or being unable to complete content because someone's lagging behind. Group Finder and matchmaking is broken. Take a note from Destiny and build a system that allows from drop-in/drop-out functionality and quick play.
  • gurluasb16_ESO
    gurluasb16_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭
    If there is an Akaviri invasion again, Vvardenfell would be a good place to make a zone out of that.
  • Nestor
    Nestor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    You know, I was in stonefalls recently, and I actually saw the shadow of a cliffracer passing overhead (didn't look up in time to see if there was a graphic for it.)

I think that is one of those big ugly vulture like birds. I saw the same shadow go over me one time, and I looked up and caught a glimpse of it.

I also have a cool screen shot of one of those birds rocking out with me and another person who were waiting for a dolmen to come up.

• smeeprocketnub19_ESO
    smeeprocketnub19_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Nestor wrote: »

I think that is one of those big ugly vulture like birds. I saw the same shadow go over me one time, and I looked up and caught a glimpse of it.

I also have a cool screen shot of one of those birds rocking out with me and another person who were waiting for a dolmen to come up.

no this was definitely a pterodactyl like cliffracer shadow. I have never actually seen a bird shadow.
  • Publius_Scipio
    Publius_Scipio
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭

Those ruins weren't really all that big tbh. I always felt the morrowind dwemer ruins were woefully small.

I would really like to see dungeons and the like on a scale more like skyrim's. It's okay to have small delves most of the time, but a twisting, labyrinthine massive ruin of some sort would be divine.
    I don't see why ZOS wouldn't be able to rework the Dwemer ruins of Vvardenfell and make them larger. And if I remember correctly many of the ruins in Morrowind were rather large. A dwemer ruin would lead to an entire cave system beneath it as an example.
  • smeeprocketnub19_ESO
    smeeprocketnub19_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭

I don't see why ZOS wouldn't be able to rework the Dwemer ruins of Vvardenfell and make them larger. And if I remember correctly many of the ruins in Morrowind were rather large. A dwemer ruin would lead to an entire cave system beneath it as an example.

hmm I remember the dwemer ruins all being smaller than some of the other dungeons. Maybe there was one that led to an underground cave system, but I think there were also inaccessible parts of a lot of the dwemer ruins. I certainly don't see why they couldn't add on to it.

Plus, I wouldn't hold them to the exact construct of the old dungeons. They need a little room for creativity.

Really, I loved delving down into the underground dwemer city in Skyrim, it was terrifying and exciting. And omg this game needs Falmer. Not the uncorrupted ones, they are gone, but the twisted, deranged Falmer that are so frightening. Also, a motif for their armor style.
  • SkillzMFG
    SkillzMFG
    ✭✭✭✭
    It sure would be great to visit Balmora and Vivec again :D
  • Resueht
    Resueht
    ✭✭✭
    SkillzMFG wrote: »

@SkillzMFG‌ I dont think you have read the other posts in this thread...
    Edited by Resueht on August 27, 2014 11:56PM
    If she doesn't know the pain of cliffracers, she's too young for you.
  • SkillzMFG
    SkillzMFG
    ✭✭✭✭
    Resueht wrote: »

@Resueht Why do you think that? I read the other posts
  • smeeprocketnub19_ESO
    smeeprocketnub19_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Because Balmora does not exist currently, Vivec city might, I'm not sure. It's a wasteland, so maybe you just weren't paying attention to what you read.
  • SkillzMFG
    SkillzMFG
    ✭✭✭✭

Because Balmora does not exist currently, Vivec city might, I'm not sure. It's a wasteland, so maybe you just weren't paying attention to what you read.

Not true, Balmora exists, I remember hearing some Dunmer slaver telling me: 'You would fetch a good price in Balmora.' They wouldn't put it there if it wasn't lore friendly.
    EDIT: Vivec also exists.
    Edited by SkillzMFG on August 28, 2014 12:39AM
  • gurluasb16_ESO
    gurluasb16_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭
    There were already settlements, especially the major settlements such as Balmora and Vivec are there.
  • Carnagan
    Carnagan
    ✭✭✭

Not sure where they're getting the date from 1E 700 is the Battle of Red Mountain, but there's nothing about when the Ghostfence was set up.

Here's a more complete timeline.

You are right. I wouldn't mind seeing us go to Vvardenfell. I am looking forward to it, actually. But I wouldn't want to bump into Dagoth Ur. It kind of reduces the point of the Nerevarine if another hero was capable of going toe to toe with Dagoth.
    "You dream of the Moon and a man who is less than a man."
    Proud explorer of Tamriel since 1996
  • Ser Lobo
    Ser Lobo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    We could definitely work for Vivec and the tribunal. I would love to get more interaction with them. Though the interaction with Almalexia in the Pact storyline is nice.
    Ruze Aulus. Mayor of Dhalmora. Archer, hunter, assassin. Nightblade.
    Gral. Mountain Terror. Barbarian, marauder, murderer. Nightblade.
    Na'Djin. Knight-Blade. Knight, vanguard, defender. Nightblade.

XBOX NA
    Ruze is a veteran of the PC Beta, lived through the year one drought, survived the buy-to-play conversion, and has stepped foot in the hells known as Craglorn. He mained a nightlbade when nightblades weren't good, and has never worn a robe. He converted from PC during the console betas, and hasn't regretted it a moment since.

He'd rank ESO:TU (in it's current state) a 4.8 out of 5, loving the game almost entirely.

This is an multiplayer game. I should be able to log in, join a dungeon, join a battleground, queue for a dolmen or world boss or delve, teleport in, play for 20 minutes, and not worry about getting kicked, failing to join, having perfect voice coms, or being unable to complete content because someone's lagging behind. Group Finder and matchmaking is broken. Take a note from Destiny and build a system that allows from drop-in/drop-out functionality and quick play.