Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – March 26, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• [COMPLETE] PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – March 26, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Best way to max out healing power with restoration staff?

darkspyro92_ESO
darkspyro92_ESO
✭✭✭
I'm playing a Support Nightblade with dual wielding and restoration staff, but my healing spells seem to be incredibly weak. I'm level 18 but my Grand Healing (upgraded to healing springs) only heals about 66 HP a second for 3 seconds. That's only 198 health. I have 614 health. That's just over a fifth of my health, and it uses 152 magicka while I only have 574 total. It will heal me to full health at the cost of all my magicka, leaving me stuck using just my weapons.

Is there a better way to boost this? I see people healing about 200 health on a single cast, and they weren't much higher level than I was. I was thinking there may be some strategy.
Argonians always and forever.
  • xChewtoyx
    xChewtoyx
    ✭✭✭
    Weapon damage boosts healing with a resto staff. Theres a mundus stone that boosts healing as well
  • darkspyro92_ESO
    darkspyro92_ESO
    ✭✭✭
    xChewtoyx wrote: »
    Weapon damage boosts healing with a resto staff. Theres a mundus stone that boosts healing as well

Really? Where? And damage increases healing power, huh. Well then it seems really weak if it always only does about a fifth of my hp. I would need probably a legendary just to do considerable healing unless I was a Templar.
  • xChewtoyx
    xChewtoyx
    ✭✭✭
    The ritual mundus stone increases healing by 5% http://elderscrollsonline.wiki.fextralife.com/Mundus+Stones"
    Edited by xChewtoyx on August 27, 2014 1:24AM
  • darkspyro92_ESO
    darkspyro92_ESO
    ✭✭✭
    The ritual mundus stone increases healing by 5% http://elderscrollsonline.wiki.fextralife.com/Mundus+Stones"

5%...? That isn't very much...
  • xChewtoyx
    xChewtoyx
    ✭✭✭
    You can get another 8% with the healers habit light armor set 5 pieces. Its a world drop starting in the low 20s
  • darkspyro92_ESO
    darkspyro92_ESO
    ✭✭✭
    You can get another 8% with the healers habit light armor set 5 pieces. Its a world drop starting in the low 20s

What about when I start getting to the higher levels? Sure it will increase my healing ability but I'll pretty much only be able to support those who are much lower level than me and have much less health.
  • xChewtoyx
    xChewtoyx
    ✭✭✭
    Not sure about NB but I switched to sets that gave me magika reductions and returned magika at higher levels
    I was a vampire at 14 so I mostly used my drain and batswarm to self-heal at that level
    Edited by xChewtoyx on August 27, 2014 1:48AM
  • darkspyro92_ESO
    darkspyro92_ESO
    ✭✭✭
    Not sure about NB but I switched to sets that gave me magika reductions and returned magika at higher levels

I use all light armor when using my staff, but it still seems kind of ridiculous.
  • seanolan
    seanolan
    ✭✭✭✭
    I'm playing a Support Nightblade with dual wielding and restoration staff, but my healing spells seem to be incredibly weak. I'm level 18 but my Grand Healing (upgraded to healing springs) only heals about 66 HP a second for 3 seconds. That's only 198 health. I have 614 health. That's just over a fifth of my health, and it uses 152 magicka while I only have 574 total. It will heal me to full health at the cost of all my magicka, leaving me stuck using just my weapons.

Is there a better way to boost this? I see people healing about 200 health on a single cast, and they weren't much higher level than I was. I was thinking there may be some strategy.

First, your math is awful. 198 is almost a third of 614, not "just over a fifth". Second, few healing spells heal better...nothing is going to full heal from almost dead.
  • darkspyro92_ESO
    darkspyro92_ESO
    ✭✭✭
    seanolan wrote: »

First, your math is awful. 198 is almost a third of 614, not "just over a fifth". Second, few healing spells heal better...nothing is going to full heal from almost dead.

So trying to be a healer is pretty much pointless unless you're a Templar? Perfect... :l
  • xChewtoyx
    xChewtoyx
    ✭✭✭
    Nooooo. Ive seen some good healers of each class. Give yourself more options by leveling up
  • seanolan
    seanolan
    ✭✭✭✭

So trying to be a healer is pretty much pointless unless you're a Templar? Perfect... :l

I'm sorry, where the frak did I say or even imply that? Don't put words in my frakking mouth. I said exactly what I mean to say...whining about " only" healing 1/3 of your health with a single spell makes little sense when almost no spells do better. Learn to read.
  • xChewtoyx
    xChewtoyx
    ✭✭✭
    Google some Nightblade healing builds to give yourself some ideas to see where you want to take your toon
  • darkspyro92_ESO
    darkspyro92_ESO
    ✭✭✭

I'm sorry, where the frak did I say or even imply that? Don't put words in my frakking mouth. I said exactly what I mean to say...whining about " only" healing 1/3 of your health with a single spell makes little sense when almost no spells do better. Learn to read.

RUSHED CEREMONY
    Requires Templar
    Cast Time Instant
    Cost
    Type: Active
    - Heal nearby wounded ally for 313
    Unlocked at Restoring Light Rank 1

FOCUSED HEALING
    Requires Templar
    Type: Passive
    Increase healing of your Restoring Light spells applied to allies standing in your areas of protection (Rite of Passage, Cleansing Ritual, Rune Focus)

MASTER RITUALIST
    Requires Templar
    - increase resurrection speed
    - resurrect players with more health
    - chance to gain a soul gem upon successful resurrect

RESTORING SPIRIT
    Requires Templar
    Gain some Magicka energy when activating an ability

I didn't say you did either. I just looked at the different abilities and the strength of each and compiled my results.
  • dakhon
    dakhon
    Healing springs is a Healing over Time spell,its power is that it can target up to 6 people and get magicka back from each one hit by it.Also,if you spam it,each tick of the skill,is overlapping with the previous ones,so after a few casts,you will be getting 3 ticks at once.
    In your case,for low levels and soloing,regeneration,the 2nd resto skill is much more magicka efficient as a HoT,and your main single target heal will be the 4th resto skill,healing ward.
    Restoration's staff healing power scales with weapon dmg and magicka.
    Also as a NB you can use skills from siphoning tree,like funnel health or sap essence.
  • Armitas
    Armitas
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Don't forget to stack spell crit. Criting your heals makes a big difference. Probably the biggest difference...up to a point.
    Edited by Armitas on August 27, 2014 6:42PM
    Retired.
    Nord mDK
  • Castielle
    Castielle
    ✭✭✭

What about when I start getting to the higher levels? Sure it will increase my healing ability but I'll pretty much only be able to support those who are much lower level than me and have much less health.

In Update 4 this drops in Dragonstar Arena. Pretty sure it's from VR10-14 since that are the levels you can do that activity from and Upper Craglorn scales loot to your level.
    necklace_of_the_healer_veteran.jpg

Cas
  • darkspyro92_ESO
    darkspyro92_ESO
    ✭✭✭
    Castielle wrote: »

In Update 4 this drops in Dragonstar Arena. Pretty sure it's from VR10-14 since that are the levels you can do that activity from and Upper Craglorn scales loot to your level.
    necklace_of_the_healer_veteran.jpg

Cas

That will come in handy when the time comes, but I need the full set. It's a VR rank, so they should be good enough to hold on to for awhile.