The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• PC/Mac: NA megaserver for maintenance – April 25, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 2:00PM EDT (18:00 UTC)
https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/8098811/#Comment_8098811

1.4 Junk Gear Is Now Sometimes Green with a Trait

LonePirate
LonePirate
✭✭✭✭✭
✭✭✭
The worthless white armor, jewelry and weapons currently found in containers has received a slight upgrade in 1.4. Occasionally, maybe 10% of the time, this junk gear will be green quality, often with a trait and worth some actual gold. It's not a massive change or even a frequent one, though. It is an improvement, though.
  • Divinius
    Divinius
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I actually noticed the junk gear occasionally being green level (with an accompanying resale value of more than 0 gold), right after the update that added the junk items. Perhaps they increased the odds (as it was exceedingly rare), but the chance has been there from the beginning.
  • LonePirate
    LonePirate
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    I don't think I have found a single green piece of junk loot on the live server despite looting hundreds of containers since 1.3 has gone live. In less than a week of playing 1.4 on the PTS, I have found 4 of these green junk pieces. I'd say the chance of finding it has increased significantly.
  • rainith2000nub18_ESO
    This isn't new, I've found more than a couple "junk" gear has been green since it was added. I did however pickup every single piece I could find while going for the "deconstruct items" achievements, so I probably saw more of this stuff than many people have.
  • leandro.800ub17_ESO
    leandro.800ub17_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭
    Probably building up to justice system
  • Woolenthreads
    Woolenthreads
    ✭✭✭✭
    This is probably a bug which they'll fix soon. :).
    Oooh look, lot's of Butterflies! Wait! Butterflies? Get out of here Sheo, stop bugging me!

Having issues with Provisioning Writs? A list of problem Writs and people willing to help in game can be found in this Thread