Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Maximizing DMG - NB V12

Soulac
Soulac
✭✭✭✭✭
✭✭
Hey guys!

I rly like theory crafting and atm i trying to get the highest possible DPS as a V12 NB.

Are there any things to increase dmg? (Like some Sets, a Mundusstone or any other things i dont even know?)

Thank you!
Soulac

Edited by Soulac on August 26, 2014 10:21PM
R.I.P Dawnbreaker / Auriel´s Bow
Member of the Arena Guild and the overpowered Banana Squad.
Nathaerizh aka Cat - Nightblade V16 - EU

- Meow -
  • mar1ano1987nrb18_ESO
    You have the thief stone wich gives you critical rating, that ..combined with inner light from the mages guild and at least 5 pieces of light armor will get your spell critical in a good spot.

Nightblade skills:
    Power extracion(drain essence morph): Gives you 11% weapon damage for each enemy hit for 20 secs . If you are using impulse from the destro staff ..this skill is your best friend .

Reaper`s mark (mark target morph): Gives you 15 spell and weapon damage for 30 secs everytime a marked target dies (doesnt matter if you didnt make the KB ).

You can use your resto staff for single target dps, and switch to destro staff for aoe situations, This 2 skill mentioned above can be slotted in your destro staff bar without touching your resto staff build, but both buffs will stay with your character when you switch weapons .

As for sets? dont really know what DPS Spellcasters are using right now ...since my NB has switched to dual wield , and im using night mothers + hundings rage set.

hope it helps!
    Edited by mar1ano1987nrb18_ESO on August 26, 2014 6:43PM

Stukha - Dragon Knight - Ebonheart Pact
    Bazhinga - Nightblade - Ebonheart Pact
    /
  • Soulac
    Soulac
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Meh not much, but thank you!
    I should say that i want to increase magic dmg skills like Strife, Sap Essence etc.
    I don´t want to be a Pulsar-Spammer, so no Destro Staff for me. (Resto do more dmg!)

Reapers Mark dont rly increase my dmg, i got max. Spell Pen.

- Meow -
  • Beldorr
    Beldorr
    ✭✭✭
    • Evil hunter if you're against undead/daedric/werewolf. It works very well with sap essence.
    • Funnel health is better if you have a group. The healing of allies gives more ultimate.
    • Veil of blades on bosses or AOE. Paired with funnel health ult generation this can almost be kept up permanently. Sap essence is also an amazing ult generator in AOE.
    • Spell power is king over Magicka since magicka scales terribly with health funnel. Leave your spell power along and take off all your magicka, there really isn't that much difference in tool tip damage. I believe it tool tips for +1 damage per 56 magicka and gains ~1.8 damage per spell power.
    • Make a pvp campaign that is all your faction home. Emperor hp, scroll bonuses and owning every keep is +20% crit for weapons and spells.

I prefer not stacking spell power for damage trying to fit in symmetry for magicka back. I run warlock / seducer sets with siphoning attacks. I never have a recovery phase in my rotation, just dps dps dps. Turn off siphoning attacks for impale phase on bosses. I'm not the highest dps NB in my guild, but I give them a good run for their money and I enjoy this play style more.

I don't have many screenshots, but these two are from last Sundays AA guild eventLightning Storm Atronach and Varlariel

As for AOE, I have a video of where I solo grind experience for leveling abilities. Spell and Armor is over charged with health/magicka food buffs. Expert hunter for many staminas. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A_1F1ZkPCqg

• Soulac
    Soulac
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Thank you!
    But are there any things to increase the dmg on all players like Combat Prayer?
    I don´t do any PvE, only PvP and i need max. dmg for my group.

- Meow -
  • akriden
    akriden
    ✭✭✭
    Theres for example a dmg-Buff in grahtwood, which gives you 5% more dmg for 60 Minuten. Do you man such things or just group skills?
  • Soulac
    Soulac
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    akriden wrote: »
    Theres for example a dmg-Buff in grahtwood, which gives you 5% more dmg for 60 Minuten. Do you man such things or just group skills?

right i mean things like that! :)
    I want to know everything that increase my dmg.

- Meow -
  • Artis
    Artis
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    does Impulse scale with weapon damage? not spell damage?
  • CapuchinSeven
    CapuchinSeven
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Cap magicka, cap spell damage, spam strafe or impulse.
  • inf.toniceb17_ESO
    inf.toniceb17_ESO
    ✭✭✭
    Artemis wrote: »

Yep. Spell damage only affects class skills as far as i know.
  • Beldorr
    Beldorr
    ✭✭✭

I wouldn't blanket a spell damage/weapon damage/spell crit or weapon crit. They are all over the place on those.

You could say class skills scale with spell damage and magicka. NB abilities like killer blade and teleport strike are effected by weapon critical while siphoning abilities are spell crit based.

Fighters guild abilities currently scale with spell power and magicka but cost stamina. In pts 1.4.0 it stated that it will be spell power and stamina scaling.

• Thejollygreenone
    Thejollygreenone
    ✭✭✭

I wouldn't blanket a spell damage/weapon damage/spell crit or weapon crit. They are all over the place on those.

You could say class skills scale with spell damage and magicka. NB abilities like killer blade and teleport strike are effected by weapon critical while siphoning abilities are spell crit based.

Fighters guild abilities currently scale with spell power and magicka but cost stamina. In pts 1.4.0 it stated that it will be spell power and stamina scaling.

An easy way to remember it is as such: ONLY WEAPON TREE SKILLS USE WEAPON DAMAGE TO CALCULATE DAMAGE!!! PERIOD!

Everything else uses spellpower unless it explicitly says otherwise, such as werewolf transform which uses neither, yet.

If it costs magicka, it will scale damage with magicka. If it costs stamina, it will scale damage with stamina. That's a pretty easy one.

The only thing that doesn't have a clear pattern in weapon crit vs spell crit, in which case I just look up each individual ability I need to know about on a skill calculator.

EDIT: About fighter guild abilities, if they scale with magicka, then it's a clear bug. The skill calculators I use have always told me they scale with stamina, but indeed spell power and not weapon power.
    Edited by Thejollygreenone on August 29, 2014 6:55PM