The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

Bleak, indeed

sr383
sr383
I needed some Rekuta runes, so I did my typical Bleakrock run for a couple of hours. In the end, I had 0 Kutas, 8 Rekutas, 7 Denatas, 11 Jejotas, and 33 Tas.

I also had 50 essence runes and 45 potency runes.

But those potency runes were abysmal. 32 Joras and 13 Jodes. That's it. Absolutely nothing above Level 1. :-o I'm pretty sure I've harvested Level 5 potency runes here, before.

So did I just have horrible luck, or has something changed?
  • SirAndy
    SirAndy
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    sr383 wrote: »
    But those potency runes were abysmal. 32 Joras and 13 Jodes. That's it. Absolutely nothing above Level 1. :-o I'm pretty sure I've harvested Level 5 potency runes here, before.
    I'm pretty sure potency runes have always been bound to the level of the zone you're in, not your character/enchanting level.

I don't recall *ever* finding a level 5 potency rune in any of the starter zones ...
    ;-)
    Edited by SirAndy on August 26, 2014 4:29AM
  • JessieColt
    JessieColt
    ✭✭✭✭
    Potency Runes are based on the zone level, not your character level. Bleakrock Isle will always have level 1 Potency Runes.

If you are needing leveled Potency Runes, you will need to go to zones of the appropriate level to get them.
  • sr383
    sr383
    Thanks for clarifying. I guess I picked up the better potency runes elsewhere (or got them from glyphs I picked up elsewhere). My focus has been aspect runes, and since those aren't zone-restricted, I figured upper-level potency runes were just as widespread.