Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Quick Provisioning Leveling (as of Patch 1.3.4)

SpAEkus
SpAEkus
✭✭✭✭
The following is the data and technique I have found to quickly level Provisioning on any character using the minimal number of recipes and ingredients.

All Inspiration Point (IP) data was obtained from the CraftingXP Addon

My most lucrative harvest locations are the docks and ships. In some areas I could gather all required mats in about 3~4 runs of the dock and attached ships.

There is also a very distinct line it seems between ingredient leveled zones. Sometimes the break for one level is the most northern area of a zone versus the first area of the next zone. And sometimes the level of the surrounding NPCs doesn't always correlate with the level of ingredients found next to them.

METHOD:

From Level 1 provisioning, buy or loot the highest level GREEN recipe shown in the chart for each block of levels.

Make the required number of food or beverage.

Then add 1 point in Recipe Improvement to allow the creation of the next level of recipes.

Repeat the process with the highest level GREEN recipe for the next 10 levels of provisioning and then add another point in Recipe Improvement.

Continue until you have reached Level 50 in provisioning or Level 48 if you only want Level 3 hirelings. Level 50 Provisioning is required to make any Level 50 or higher recipes.

NOTE: You can complete the total required number of Inspiration Points using any combination of recipes, it is just up to you how many barrels and sacks you want to harvest along the way.

Notice that you can't make a L50 recipe until you are already Level 50 in provisioning so don't waste time on BLUE or PURPLE recipes until you reach Level 50.

Also I didn't get any more IP from BLUE recipes of the same level. It appears only the base level counts for IP. And of course you only need points in Recipe Improvement to level, none are needed in Quality until you need to make Blue and Purple recipes for use or sale.

Finding Level 15 recipes will probably be your hardest challenge at this time in the game. I have been able to purchase all other levels of recipes easily.

And also with the Multicraft Addon that has a quantity slider it will only take 4 mouse clicks with the right recipes.

KEY:
Recipe Level(L)/Recipe Quality-Recipe Improvement/Inspiration Points (IP) per Food or Drink/Number to Make

There is some overage in the Number to Make data just due to rounding

Add one skill point in Recipe Improvement after each 10 skill levels gained.

PROVISIONING.....L2>L20..........427,785 IP Total

L1 Recipe..........1-1..........600 IP..........713
L5 Recipe..........1-1............3K IP..........143
L10 Recipe........1-1............6K IP............72
L15 Recipe........1-1............9K IP............48

PROVISIONING.....L21>L30.........575270 IP Total (Level 28 for Hireling Level 1)

L20 Recipe........1-2...........12K IP...........48
L25 Recipe........1-2...........15K IP...........39

PROVISIONING.....L31>L40..........959,080 IP Total (Level 38 for Hireling Level 2)

L30 Recipe........1-3...........18K IP...........54
L35 Recipe........1-3...........21K IP...........46

PROVISIONING.....L41>L48.........1,293,680 IP Total (Level 48 for Hireling Level 3)

L40 Recipe........1-4............24K IP...........54
L45 Recipe........1-4............27K IP...........48

PROVISIONING......L49>L50...........412,080 IP Total

L45 Recipe........1-4............27K IP...........16

Total IP required for Level 50 is 3,667,895 points.

Hope any of this helps. Please comment if you find different results and I will update as needed and especially after any provisioning changes by ZOS.
Edited by SpAEkus on August 25, 2014 10:04PM
  • SirAndy
    SirAndy
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Nice writeup! smilie_pokal.gif

I have leveled 7 chars to 50 in provisioning already and my 8th is on her way.

One thing i would add to this, if you're just interested in getting your character to 50 quick, you don't need more than the standard green recipes and one point in recipe improvement after you reach level 20.

The mats for recipe improvement 2 are plentiful and the inspiration is enough to easily level from 20 to 50.

Find lvl 2 recipes that give you 186 for cooking and 7 for brewing, then go to a zone that has those mats (For example, for AD the Elden Root in Grahtwood is perfect) and you'll be at 50 in no time without having to spend any more skill points or using any higher level recipes.
    ;-)
  • SpAEkus
    SpAEkus
    ✭✭✭✭
    Points taken,

I also did this on 6 others, but after I had leveled my main crafter to L50, so I already had stock and recipes at higher levels.

I updated the post to re-emphasize only Green recipes are needed and that any combination of recipes can reach the total required.

Your method requires 178 ingredients x2 per each character and mine was 149 plus the recipes and the skill points. I have yet to notice any difference in Hireling returns between my Recipe Improvement 6 main hireling and my improvement 4 hirelings so it should all come out in the wash.

I do not want to open another crate or sack for a while though :|
  • SirAndy
    SirAndy
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    SpAEkus wrote: »
    I do not want to open another crate or sack for a while though :|
    I hear 'ya, i do still loot the groceries containers (open baskets with colorful content textures) since they usually yield the rarer modifier mats needed for the blue and purple recipes.

As for the hirelings, my low level mule alts (between level 10 and 15) get the same mix of mats at hirelings 3/3 than my main characters.
    :)
  • SpAEkus
    SpAEkus
    ✭✭✭✭
    Wondering if you know,

When I was looking through recipes in guild stores there were still some listed as Character Level 19.

The Cooking Fire GUI now only has even numbers for all the ones I have. Did they change the actual Character level requirements since release at some point?

I didn't bother to buy one of the L19 recipes just to check what it would show when used.
  • SirAndy
    SirAndy
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Those are most likely old recipes. They did change the level requirements quite a while back and i haven't seen any uneven level recipes in a long time.

My guess would be someone still had some stashed away on an alt ...