The issue is resolved, and the North American PC/Mac megaserver is now available. Thank you for your patience!
Maintenance for the week of April 15:
• [IN PROGRESS] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – April 16, 8:00AM EDT (12:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Craglorn Tutorial

leandro.800ub17_ESO
leandro.800ub17_ESO
✭✭✭✭
Hi guys i just reached craglorn a few days ago (VR11) and only find ppl grinding
I am a bit lost not knowing witch quests end up at a trial , what is a dungeon , what is a quest etc.

Is there any Craglorn Tutorial for noobs ?
  • Awdwyn
    Awdwyn
    ✭✭✭
    This would be useful. The concept of many (myself included) is that craglorn is the place to grind vet1-12 unless you have a group setup that allows for long multi stage phased quests. If there's something else that's feasibly doable for a casual player who's happy to PuG it up, I'd love to hear about it.
  • MAOofDC
    MAOofDC
    ✭✭✭✭
    Awdwyn wrote: »
    This would be useful. The concept of many (myself included) is that craglorn is the place to grind vet1-12 unless you have a group setup that allows for long multi stage phased quests. If there's something else that's feasibly doable for a casual player who's happy to PuG it up, I'd love to hear about it.

Grinding for the sake of grinding sucks. My opinion is you would have more fun going through the other faction's quest lines and then go to Craglorn. Unless you REALLY like doing the same thing, over and over and over and over, for days or weeks until you get from v1 to v12.

As for the OP I suggest asking if there are any questing groups that have room OR start one yourself. That's what I did and I even managed to get 3 quests lines done. Oh BTW I have only been in the zone for a day.
    Edited by MAOofDC on August 23, 2014 2:05AM
    Guild Master of the Guild <The Wrath of Sheogorath>. CHEESE AND CABBAGE FOR EVERYONE!!!

• leandro.800ub17_ESO
    leandro.800ub17_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭
    Finaly got a group up and finished one. Still hard to find ppl but better on weekends
  • Awdwyn
    Awdwyn
    ✭✭✭
    MAOofDC wrote: »
    Awdwyn wrote: »

Grinding for the sake of grinding sucks. My opinion is you would have more fun going through the other faction's quest lines and then go to Craglorn. Unless you REALLY like doing the same thing, over and over and over and over, for days or weeks until you get from v1 to v12.

As for the OP I suggest asking if there are any questing groups that have room OR start one yourself. That's what I did and I even managed to get 3 quests lines done. Oh BTW I have only been in the zone for a day.

Agreed 100%. Finished Cadwells Gold today and then put on my superspeed set (Nights Silence, Vamp, Concealed Wep) and solo stealthed all the delves in Craglorn for the skyshards. I'm VR8 and haven't grinded (ground?) at all.

During my skyshard run I stumbled into two anomolies that turned red just as I got there. Within 30 seconds (do people get a notification that one is active?) about 30-50 players all showed up in a big group and zerged it. The event was done in 15-30 seconds (tops) and then they all ran off together.
  • leandro.800ub17_ESO
    leandro.800ub17_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭
    Managed to complete one big quest yesterday about 1h:30m long.
    Was very fun . Then i started another quest about 1h got lo last boss but we could not make it.
  • MornaBaine
    MornaBaine
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    IS there Vet1 content in Craglorn? If so...where? It just seems weird that I now have a quest to go there if there's not a hope in hades of me surviving it.
    PAWS (Positively Against Wrip-off Stuff) - Say No to Crown Crates!

• MAOofDC
    MAOofDC
    ✭✭✭✭
    MornaBaine wrote: »
    IS there Vet1 content in Craglorn? If so...where? It just seems weird that I now have a quest to go there if there's not a hope in hades of me surviving it.

Yes and no.

I think you can get the quests because they are marked as level 50 quests but, without some major support from group members you are not going to complete them. Also it is worth mentioning that most questing group will not even take you along because at v1 you most likely are a bit of a liability. Three V10's and a v1 can have a tough go of it with some of the bosses hell 4 v10's well speced and well played can get wiped by them if one person makes a mistake. Most of the Craglorn delve/dungeon boss fight are strategy based not DPS races.

The grind group work differently because with even 24 v1's, and most groups are not made up of solely v1's, there is enough DPS/healing to overcome the bosses at the locations that they go to. They tend to have less tricks up their sleeves and are more of a DPS race.

I have also found that people who solely grind their way to max level tend to forget how to work in a small four man unit. They stand in red crap and eat the 2000-3000 or more points of damage the boss throws at them thinking that the healer is just going to heal them through it. Learning to dodge and block are absolutely essential I've seen a v14 tank mistime a dodge in an Upper Craglorn delve and get one shoted, then the rest of the group quickly gots wiped just last night. That was in just a delve the dungeons are even tougher.

My advice to you is to continue questing do Cadwell's silver and gold. You will open up all of the available zones while gaining experience and skill points. Try to do the Veteran Dungeons they are worth it for the skill points alone, also maybe even do the Cyrodiil daily quests at least once. Doing that you will be v11 before you do the first quest in Craglorn. But do as you will if you choose to grind try to remember that when you start doing the end game content you CANNOT fight the fights the same way. All you will do is get a huge repair bill and *** off alot of other people and most likely get kicked from the group.
    Guild Master of the Guild <The Wrath of Sheogorath>. CHEESE AND CABBAGE FOR EVERYONE!!!