The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

Strife?

Spectre45
Spectre45
I have a quick question, I'm tampering with a possible class build, and I was wondering, for the Night Blades ability Strife, do I have to be the one who deals the damage to receive the heals? Or would a group members attacks cause the healing effect? Was tinkering with the the thought of a healer build that would take the funnel health part for a little bit of offensive healing.
"Well, if people would make it more about me, I wouldn't have to"
~Iryllia
  • CapuchinSeven
    CapuchinSeven
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    You use the skill, it hits the target and does damage, you get a HoT. I think you've maybe misunderstood how the skill works?
  • Megamatch
    Megamatch
    With Funnel Health it can also heal another player.

Nightblade + DK scenario.

Nightblade uses Funnel Health on eneymy player, strife hits enemy player for 231dmg. Both get 100ish healing over time.

DK uses Dragon blood and LOLs at NB's pathethic class heals.
  • CapuchinSeven
    CapuchinSeven
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Megamatch wrote: »
    DK uses Dragon blood and LOLs at NB's pathethic class heals.

AAAAND this.
  • Spectre45
    Spectre45
    You use the skill, it hits the target and does damage, you get a HoT. I think you've maybe misunderstood how the skill works?

I guess I did. I thought once applied Strife, the healing was based on the damage you did in the 10 second window. I feel stupid, thanks for clarifying.
    "Well, if people would make it more about me, I wouldn't have to"
    ~Iryllia
  • Aeratus
    Aeratus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Strife is an instant damage + heal over time. The amount of the heal over time is based on the amount of the instant damage.