Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Brick Wall

Chas07
Chas07
Hello:
I will start off with the statement: I am a new player. Not only on ESO but never played any MMO.
I am Imperial DragonKnight> VR1> Class Ardent Flame 50>One Hand and Shield 50 Dagger>Two Hand 50 Great Sword. My Magicka is 15> Health17>Stamina17. I have the Ultimate Standard Of Might 1V. Hopefully this is enough information for someone to reply to my question.
I have, since reaching level 40 been unable to defeat Manimorco. The Quest is in Glenumbra> Sancre Tor. I make my way through all but the last boss. Manimorco. No luck at all with him. I have watched videos on Youtube, and still no luck. Can someone please take a look at my build and point out what mistakes I have made. Most importantly, tips or suggestions on how I can proceed in the game. It has been three weeks since I have gained any progress in the game. Progress bar does not move.
Another bit of information I suppose I should share is that I am not good in dungeons. Very difficult to process all that is going on in the heat of battle. I am defeated more often than I win.
I have been given a suggestion by another player that I should redistribute my points and start with new weapons. Would not even know how to start to do that.
Suggestions welcome.
Chas
  • Garetth
    Garetth
    ✭✭✭✭
    Chas07 wrote: »
    Hello:
    I will start off with the statement: I am a new player. Not only on ESO but never played any MMO.
    I am Imperial DragonKnight> VR1> Class Ardent Flame 50>One Hand and Shield 50 Dagger>Two Hand 50 Great Sword. My Magicka is 15> Health17>Stamina17. I have the Ultimate Standard Of Might 1V. Hopefully this is enough information for someone to reply to my question.
    I have, since reaching level 40 been unable to defeat Manimorco. The Quest is in Glenumbra> Sancre Tor. I make my way through all but the last boss. Manimorco. No luck at all with him. I have watched videos on Youtube, and still no luck. Can someone please take a look at my build and point out what mistakes I have made. Most importantly, tips or suggestions on how I can proceed in the game. It has been three weeks since I have gained any progress in the game. Progress bar does not move.
    Another bit of information I suppose I should share is that I am not good in dungeons. Very difficult to process all that is going on in the heat of battle. I am defeated more often than I win.
    I have been given a suggestion by another player that I should redistribute my points and start with new weapons. Would not even know how to start to do that.
    Suggestions welcome.
    Chas

One bit of help I can give you is to use the one-hand/shield "charge" skill. With mannimarco zipping around all the time you need a way to close the distance and interrupt his casting. (shield bash works for this too).

I beat him with my one-hand/shield Templar doing just that.
  • Chas07
    Chas07
    Ok. Will try this. Thanks for your response.
  • AlexDougherty
    AlexDougherty
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    There are shrines in the major cities for each zone where you can respecc either your ability points (ie invest them in different skills) or your attribute points (stamina/magic/health). You can do both but you have to do each shrine seperately (takes seconds but costs a lot).
    I'm mentioning this since you say you don't know how to respecc your attributes/skills.

Now looking at your attributes, I would have done more magic/health, and less stamina. Since stamina builds don't really work as well as magic builds.

I'm sure others have advice for skills though.
    People believe what they either want to be true or what they are afraid is true!
    Wizard's first rule
    Passion rules reason
    Wizard's third rule
    Mind what people Do, not what they say, for actions betray a lie.
    Wizard's fifth rule
    Willfully turning aside from the truth is treason to one's self
    Wizard's tenth rule
  • Dagoth_Rac
    Dagoth_Rac
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Are you bashing him in the face when the red lines appear around him? Hold right mouse button, then click left button while still holding right. Interrupts his spell that steals your health and heals him. When you start to see a red circle expanding out from beneath him, get out of the circle. He has a lot of hit points and takes forever to kill, but those two tactics (bash red lines + run from red circle) are necessary regardless of class.
  • Nestor
    Nestor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Mannimarco, and his daddy, Molag Bal are the wear them down over time types of Bosses. If you move around and avoid their attacks, and move in close to interrupt when needed, the fights are winnable. Your not going to hit them 5 times and kill them. I died the first time with Manimarco because I did not have Invasion (Shield Charge) slotted, so I could not get to him fast enough. As soon as you see the light on you, or the red sparkles, charge him, interrupt him, hit him a few times, then move back and deal with any adds that you need to. When you see him looking like he is taking a skyshard, he is calling in his floating ball adds, step back, let your companions deal with Manni and take out the adds, then go back to interupt and attacks.

Oh, and take care with and of the adds. By that I mean with Mannimarco, if you don't get near them, they don't attack you. So you can peel them off as you need to, but do take care of the floating ball adds when they are there, they will gang up on you. In Sancre Tor, your companions will keep Mannimarco occupied while you do this, in Molag Bals case, he goes away and the 3 or 4 you really have to kill are push overs, the rest never attack. Then he comes back with a big red circle, avoid that attack and go back to hit and move attacks, and then you know your almost half way done.

Also, with your Attributes, you really want to go at least 40 in Health, then whatever is left in Mana. And, you may not want even that much in Mana. Use Armor Glpyhs to stock up on Mana or Stamina as the case may be. But, for these fights, food items can make up the slack if you don't want to respec.

And, have some health and mana potions on your quickslots, you will need a few during these fights.
    Enjoy the game, life is what you really want to be worried about.

PakKat "Everything was going well, until I died"
    Gary Gravestink "I am glad you died, I needed the help"

• Chas07
    Chas07
    Hello Nestor
    Very helpful information.
    One more thing I would like to add, is that my Ultimate Standard of Might 1V does not charge during the battle. I bring it with me at full charge. After using it one time it will not charge. What is the reason for that.

I have checked my character stats. and it has a message in orange that says my armor is over charged. Not sure what that means, or how to fix it. The message says change weapons or other equipped items. Does that mean create a new character? Start the game over with a new character?
    I figured having good armor was a great thing to have. Must not be the case.
    Thanks for your response.
    Chas07
  • Nestor
    Nestor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hello Nestor
    Very helpful information.
    One more thing I would like to add, is that my Ultimate Standard of Might 1V does not charge during the battle. I bring it with me at full charge. After using it one time it will not charge. What is the reason for that.

If your more than 5 levels above the Mobs, then you don't get any Ultimate, or Experience and loot for that matter. Mannimarco and the Mobs in there are L40, your level 50. You do get some quest exp for finishing the quest, and of course the skill point.

However, I did not use any Ultimates with either character I have taken through the last two battles. They are not needed. Well, I did have an Ultimate charged on my NB, and saved it for the Molag Bal battle, but it was more effective to Cloak then use Hidden Weapon. The reduction in healing on that Ultimate may have helped, but I don't think it was something that turned the tide.

Over Charged means you have hit the Soft Cap. This means that any additional things you add to Armor will not give you the full benifit, so a plus 100 armor ring will only give you 50 more armor. Some overcharge is OK, but it's better to add to something else if your already overcharged on one stat, more bang for the buck.

Also, If you have it, use the skill in One Handed that either Reflects or Absorbs spells, toggle that each time you get hit with a magic attack. You can also split your bar, have two mana attack skills in say 1 and 2, two stamina attacks in 4 and 5, then your Reflect/Absorb or Armor Increase skill in 3. This way you can run down your mana, switch to stamina attacks until that runs out, then go back to mana until Stamina Recharges. However, about half my attacks against the bosses in those two fights were straight up Melee.

Edited by Nestor on August 22, 2014 7:14PM
    Enjoy the game, life is what you really want to be worried about.

PakKat "Everything was going well, until I died"
    Gary Gravestink "I am glad you died, I needed the help"

• AlexDougherty
    AlexDougherty
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I have checked my character stats. and it has a message in orange that says my armor is over charged. Not sure what that means, or how to fix it. The message says change weapons or other equipped items. Does that mean create a new character? Start the game over with a new character?
    I figured having good armor was a great thing to have. Must not be the case.
    Thanks for your response.
    Chas07

That just means you've hit the softcap, after that point it increases it's value slower, so most of the increases there are wasted.

You have two choices,
    Choice one: Ignore it, most of us ignore it until veteran levels, at which point we start spreading values around to maximise our builds.
    Choice two: Start maximising the values in your build, if you have maximum magicka then get armour that invests in Health/Stamina. If you have hit the Armour Softcap then replace a few pieces with Light Armour, and invest skill points there, so you get some magicka regeneration. ETC.
    People believe what they either want to be true or what they are afraid is true!
    Wizard's first rule
    Passion rules reason
    Wizard's third rule
    Mind what people Do, not what they say, for actions betray a lie.
    Wizard's fifth rule
    Willfully turning aside from the truth is treason to one's self
    Wizard's tenth rule