Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Dragonstar Arena PTS Challenge

ZOS_GinaBruno
ZOS_GinaBruno
Community Manager
Want to be invited to an exclusive Q&A session with ESO developers? Then answer the bloody call of the Dragonstar Arena on the PTS and prove your skill!

The Dragonstar Arena is a completely new kind of group challenge coming to ESO, and we want your help testing it on the Public Test Server. If you can manage to conquer all 10 grueling stages of the arena in Veteran Mode, we’ll invite you to ask questions and share your experiences with our devs.

All you have to do to be invited is earn the achievement “Dragonstar Arena Conqueror” on the PTS and post a screenshot of your character with the unlocked achievement in this thread. If you can manage to complete the arenas, you’ll receive an electronic invitation to the Q&A session, which will be held online before Update 4 launches on the live server.

Character templates are available on the PTS, and they’ll allow you to quickly create a VR 14 character with appropriate gear to begin the arena challenges. Select “Craglorn” from the menu in the upper-left corner of the character selection screen once you’re logged into the PTS. If you need help setting your PTS client up, read instructions here.

Be sure to give us your feedback along the way, and good luck!

Gina Bruno
Senior Community Manager
Dev Tracker | Service Alerts | ESO Twitter | My Twitter
Staff Post
  • guybrushtb16_ESO
    guybrushtb16_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭
    All you have to do to complete the Dragonstar arena Challenge is to make sure to select "Dragon Knight" when prompted to chose a class and chose the corresponding "Mage Equipment" Box from your inventory. You may freely vendor or delete the other items, they are not needed to successfully complete the Dragonstar Arena Challenge.

• xMovingTarget
    xMovingTarget
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    This is only normal mode, didnt had time for the Vet Time Run yet. Video was recorded 19.08.2014. Run started at around 23:00 GMT +1 (CEST)

http://youtu.be/9xBVcYnmMwE

Its quite challenging, not gonna lie.

Btw, why are the guild spells not max level like the class and weapon spells? Also max leveld crafting would help us to get a more realistic test environment. The PTS template lacks the oppertunity to get a more realistic possibility to build the character like the characters we have on live.
    I am not wearing all Aether on the live server. And i would like to have 2 Fire Destro staffs like i have on live to test this stuff properly ;)
    Edited by xMovingTarget on August 20, 2014 11:59PM
  • Mahogany
    Mahogany
    ✭✭✭
    All you have to do to complete the Dragonstar arena Challenge is to make sure to select "Dragon Knight" when prompted to chose a class and chose the corresponding "Mage Equipment" Box from your inventory. You may freely vendor or delete the other items, they are not needed to successfully complete the Dragonstar Arena Challenge.

I'd like to see your DK healer build. ;)
  • Cody
    Cody
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    um..... how do I get in PTS servers In the first place?
  • LonePirate
    LonePirate
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    NookyZooky wrote: »
    um..... how do I get in PTS servers In the first place?

There was a link in the very first post. The link takes you here:

https://help.elderscrollsonline.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/20663?_ga=1.20965438.780471074.1396042094
  • Xsorus
    Xsorus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    This is only normal mode, didnt had time for the Vet Time Run yet. Video was recorded 19.08.2014. Run started at around 23:00 GMT +1 (CEST)

Btw, why are the guild spells not max level like the class and weapon spells? Also max leveld crafting would help us to get a more realistic test environment. The PTS template lacks the oppertunity to get a more realistic possibility to build the character like the characters we have on live.
    I am not wearing all Aether on the live server. And i would like to have 2 Fire Destro staffs like i have on live to test this stuff properly ;)

what UI is your Health bar?
  • ThunderCat
    ThunderCat
    ✭✭
    I strongly agree that we should be allowed to craft items. Please enable all researched traits so that we can craft gear of our choosing in order to complete these challenges.
    Sigma Draconis [EU][DC]
    Head of Trials
    ThunderCatVoB - V14 - Nord Templar Tank
    Benjamin Dover - V14 - Dunmer DK DPS / Tank
    William Shagwell - V14 - Altmer NB DPS
    AA: 8m 33s, HR: 9m 43s, SO: 72m 58s
  • xMovingTarget
    xMovingTarget
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

what UI is your Health bar?

ggFrames
  • Caph
    Caph
    ✭✭✭
    If we are going to do this, supposively some of the hardest content in game. It would be nice to be set up with the proper things required. I don't feel like grinding to get my mage's guild abilities maxed out. Neither do I feel like researching to be able to craft the gear that is needed.
    Lost interest in the game and canceled subscription. Maybe I'll come back if I gain interest again.
    Co Guild Master of Baby Face Bananas
    World record time Hel Ra (8min 08sec)
    Eu record time AA (8min 44sec)
    AA/Hel ra HM done.
  • Anjelicus
    Anjelicus
    ✭✭✭
    The regular mode was fun as hell. some parts were rather challenging to get used to but overall it was not too hard on reg.

the only thing I feel should maybe be changed is the Champions chest... If you complete the arena I don't think anyone should have the chance to receive a Blue piece of gear, even on normal mode.

Also those set bonuses, just wow love them.

Going to be pushing the Vet mode this weekend so looking forward to that.

Screenshot_20140821_004211_zps0970274a.png
    Edited by Anjelicus on August 21, 2014 7:55PM
    Vokundein
    Legend Gaming Website | Join Us
    Guild Twitch Live Stream
    Anjelicus - Head of PVE
    VR14 Templar // VR14 Nightblade // VR14 Dragonknight // VR10 Sorcerer
    PTS - Veteran Dragonstar Arena Developer Challenge Conqueror
  • Anjelicus
    Anjelicus
    ✭✭✭
    Caph wrote: »
    If we are going to do this, supposively some of the hardest content in game. It would be nice to be set up with the proper things required. I don't feel like grinding to get my mage's guild abilities maxed out. Neither do I feel like researching to be able to craft the gear that is needed.

Mage Light hit rank 4 really fast, and once you morph its instantly rank 4 of the morph you chose.
    Vokundein
    Guild Twitch Live Stream
    Anjelicus - Head of PVE
  • Mahogany
    Mahogany
    ✭✭✭
    I actually kind of like the challenge of working through the veteran arena with subpar characters. Sure it's frustrating at certain points (especially as a healer with limited magicka recovery and abysmal crit chance) and some may call me a masochist, but it's definitely been fun.
    Edited by Mahogany on August 21, 2014 5:53PM
  • zbtiqua
    zbtiqua
    ✭✭✭
    Will work on this asap!

Edit- Yes I was wrong at first I didn't realize we weren't on the hard mode! :p
    Edited by zbtiqua on August 23, 2014 2:55AM
    Officer of Da Funk (EP NA)
    DSA Vet Fastest Time NA (83 mins)
    World 1st AA HM
    World 3rd Hel Ra HM
  • TheMast3r
    TheMast3r
    ✭✭✭
    No you didn't :wink:

There is no time in the leaderboards so far ....

Normal mode maybe ...

@ zenimax,

get the servers up we´ve been at stage 8 before server shutdown ...

But pretty challenging the hard mode ^^ in our opinion the hardest content we have seen in this game

@‌ movingtarget

would be nice if u mention that it was a hodor guild run not a movingtargets run ^^ and next time tell us when u make a vid :smiley:

Greetings

Madini - Hodor Guild EU
    Edited by TheMast3r on August 21, 2014 7:51PM
  • Anjelicus
    Anjelicus
    ✭✭✭
    the leader board is ONLY for Vet mode, and you get 100 Rezes completely doable
    Vokundein
    Guild Twitch Live Stream
    Anjelicus - Head of PVE
  • TheMast3r
    TheMast3r
    ✭✭✭
    Yes, so if u read the challenge then u will see that you have to do it in veteran mode not in normal ....

Then go for it if its doable :)
  • Anjelicus
    Anjelicus
    ✭✭✭
    TheMast3r wrote: »
    Yes, so if u read the challenge then u will see that you have to do it in veteran mode not in normal ....

Then go for it if its doable :)

believe me I am as soon as PTS come back up lol
    Vokundein
    Guild Twitch Live Stream
    Anjelicus - Head of PVE
  • xMovingTarget
    xMovingTarget
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    TheMast3r wrote: »
    @‌ movingtarget

would be nice if u mention that it was a hodor guild run not a movingtargets run ^^ and next time tell us when u make a vid :smiley:

Greetings

Madini - Hodor Guild EU

:D Look the end of the video ;)
    Edited by xMovingTarget on August 21, 2014 9:28PM
  • Anjelicus
    Anjelicus
    ✭✭✭
    only noticed 1 actual bug in regular... sometimes when you wipe, the mobs don't reset or regenerate health while allowing you to resurrect at will and continue without restarting the wave. kind of cheap, but I have seen this happen in AA and HR as well.
    Vokundein
    Guild Twitch Live Stream
    Anjelicus - Head of PVE
  • ZOS_GinaBruno
    ZOS_GinaBruno
    Community Manager
    How far has everyone gotten so far? :)
    Gina Bruno
    Senior Community Manager
    Staff Post
  • Dubah
    Dubah
    ✭✭✭
    Haven't even had a chance to get on it yet, whats the deadline? My tank is out of town until monday or tuesday
  • Attorneyatlawl
    Attorneyatlawl
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭

Just tried vet only once so far and got to the bosses of the third arena.
    -First-Wave Closed Beta Tester of the Psijic Order, aka the 0.016 percent.
    Exploits suck. Don't blame just the game, blame the players abusing them!

-Playing since July 2013, back when we had a killspam channel in Cyrodiil and the lands of Tamriel were roamed by dinosaurs.
    ✭✭✭

Also, when we do attempt we will record it, will attempt to get a link when the video gets uploaded, we got a pretty tight team and know how to coordinate, lets hope this thing lives up to the hype people have been giving it, and if it really is difficult and i cannot complete it, PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE don't nerf it. I want a challenge and hope that this thing is exploit proof
  • ZOS_GinaBruno
    ZOS_GinaBruno
    Community Manager
    Dubah wrote: »

Also, when we do attempt we will record it, will attempt to get a link when the video gets uploaded, we got a pretty tight team and know how to coordinate, lets hope this thing lives up to the hype people have been giving it, and if it really is difficult and i cannot complete it, PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE don't nerf it. I want a challenge and hope that this thing is exploit proof
    We intend to keep it quite challenging. ;)
    Gina Bruno
    Senior Community Manager
    Staff Post
  • Dagoth_Rac
    Dagoth_Rac
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    We intend to keep it quite challenging. ;)

Was there any thought given to a mode with infinite waves instead of 10? Maybe let the initial, quest-related version have the standard 10 waves. But once you complete that, unlock a mode with infinite waves, the number and difficulty of the mobs increasing with each wave? So the goal would not be to finish as soon as possible but to last as long as possible? So guilds could brag that they survived 14 waves? And it would be a big deal when you became the first guild to survive 15 waves? Or something like that? And you would get a better chance at the best rewards if you survived more rounds? Would be an interesting twist!
  • jaaf
    jaaf

We (Nocturnal Flame, EP NA) got to 5th last night. Super challenging content and we're loving it :D
    Edited by jaaf on August 22, 2014 7:34PM
  • Anjelicus
    Anjelicus
    ✭✭✭
    EP guild Vokundein made it to 4th boss last night, we were down 1 player though =/

Also, on the second phase, if we died while frozen in the snow, the image blur/frozen screen persisted until we logged off.... was a pain in the butt to progress through the next 2 areas with limited viability and almost black/white colors only.

were hitting it again tonight!
    Vokundein
    Guild Twitch Live Stream
    Anjelicus - Head of PVE
  • Vesir
    Vesir
    All you have to do to be invited is earn the achievement “Dragonstar Arena Conqueror” on the PTS and post a screenshot of your character with the unlocked achievement in this thread.

where is this achievement located? i can't seem to find it on the pts (not the location of the dungeon, the actual achievement on the list)
  • Anjelicus
    Anjelicus
    ✭✭✭
    Vesir wrote: »
    All you have to do to be invited is earn the achievement “Dragonstar Arena Conqueror” on the PTS and post a screenshot of your character with the unlocked achievement in this thread.

where is this achievement located? i can't seem to find it on the pts (not the location of the dungeon, the actual achievement on the list)

Its in Character/General at the bottom
    Vokundein
    Guild Twitch Live Stream
    Anjelicus - Head of PVE
  • LunaRae
    LunaRae
    ✭✭✭✭
    Just curious if every member in the party of 4 is invited to the Q&A or is it just one member representing the group? Will try to get in and run this :smile:
    Stands-Strong-As-Snow ~ Argonian Templar DC NA V14
    Ytheri ~ Argonian Nightblade EP Thornblade NA V14
    Heals-All-Colours ~ Argonian Templar EP Thornblade NA V14
    Stands-In-Still-Waters~ Argonian Sorcerer EP Thornblade NA V2