The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• PC/Mac: NA megaserver for maintenance – April 25, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 2:00PM EDT (18:00 UTC)
https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/8098811/#Comment_8098811

Werewolves - can we get an update of some kind Devs?

• Sonja
    Sonja
    ✭✭✭
    Amesiel wrote: »
    Are the guys that work on stamina resource, werewolves and Templars on vacation? Is ZoS afraid to acknowledge that stamina users, werewolves and Templars are under performing right now? ZoS Can Templars get an independent forum post on things being worked on for them? Like how the Nightblades have one in the general forums?

No, we agree that all three need fixes and improvements, and are working on them. We're putting together the very type of comprehensive update post you mention. It'll go up this week, as soon as it' done.

@ZOS_JessicaFolsom So where is Werewolf post? How many days passed since you posted others ? Only one you left out is werewolf, why? Are you even working on it? When can we expect any kind of update ?
    Edited by Sonja on July 4, 2014 11:05PM
  • Mori
    Mori
    its time they get their finger out of their ass and give us a update about what's gonna happen!!! This is not acceptable at all.

When are we gonna get a update? next year? If this doesnt change, this game will die like the vast majority of mmo's that tried to compete with blizzard.

Unless they actually want to go for the F2P model? get enough ppl to quit so they have a reason to push forward the F2P to the investors lol.
  • Sonja
    Sonja
    ✭✭✭
    Its clear they ignore us on purpose. Don't tell me that whole zenimax 50-10-200-2163418746 employees and none of them ever saw any werewolf thread.

If they think so low about us that their whole admin/moderator team doesn't want to give us 1 minute of their valuable life time to give us update and plans for the werewolves then i think we should return in kind.

I have no more patience left, i am waiting since 5 days early access for just one FREAKING ANSWER! and they remain silent.

I have decided to stay with my werewolf guild for about one week to ten days, if we don't see any update about the status of the werewolves we will leave just like everyone else who bothered with that skill line.

Fix your god damn broken FPS and fix the god damn useless werewolf skill line!

How many of us needs to leave before you even start answering on legit player concerns?
  • Mori
    Mori
    rejoice, the game director has revealed that he has given us some thoughts. and in the spirit of sharing, i thought i'd spam what i think we deserve.

* lower ultimate cost
    * cc break in beast form
    * more survivability
    * black fur with red yes for berserker
    * skyrim running animation on all 4 legs
    * and please please please fill the bar for us in beast form.
  • panemetcircenses
    Here's an acknowledgement that it "may" be in need of attention...
    Below is the latest Road Ahead article, written by ESO Game Director Matt Firor:

It’s time for another update on what we’re up to at ZOS, how things are going for ESO, and what to expect in the near future.

Class Builds and Balance

Here are some other character and ability topics we’re looking at for potential balance changes and tweaks:
    • The survivability of werewolves and the balance between their strengths and weaknesses may receive some adjustments.

It'd be nice if it said that it "[will] receive some adjustments" instead of the "may" part, but at least it's something. At least its inclusion in The Road Ahead - July 8 means that they are aware of concerns, I guess.

Still, it's my personal opinion that any time the best use of a Skill Line is to remove it from your character, something is wrong.
    Edited by panemetcircenses on July 9, 2014 1:33AM
  • Cyrdemaceb17_ESO
    Cyrdemaceb17_ESO
    ✭✭✭
    So when someone says *may* it actually means *this gets to the end of our list*

Time to bury WW for good.
  • Oronell
    Oronell
    ✭✭✭

I can't lie, that "may" stung me hard when I first read it.

Edited by Oronell on July 9, 2014 8:25PM
  • LtAscott
    LtAscott
    ✭✭
    recent patch notes said dragonknights and sorcs might see some adjustments and there were a flurry off buffs to some skills and nerfs to others. the "may" means they will, im sure theres an internal build going somewhere that has werewolves face ripping cloth and staff softies who cant cc them in place as it should be.

Do I want ww transform to be OP? no.
    But the vampires were owning whole zergs of people in pvp....

Here are a few interesting ways you could do it;
    Give werewolves the ability to sneak (even while sprinting). Sneaking in WW form drains magicka instead of stamina, speed determines amount of magicka drained
    (both sneaking and sprinting you're draining both magicka and stamina quickly)

ONE skill from each weapon line has a morph option that makes it useable in werewolf form

2h -knockdown/stun.
    dual-wield - multiple attack similar to flurry.
    sword and shield - 10sec reduced dmg buff.
    destruction staff - elemental cloak (20% resist, 3dmg/s either cold/shock/fire) cost mana per second (while in ww form)-> so magicka not useless completely.

restoration staff - 10% reduced dmg 15-25 health restore on hit 10 sec duration.
    Bow - rabid bite - deals 10 physical damage - 50 poison dmg per 3 seconds for 9 seconds

or, give us something similar for every weapon skill line/armor line we have over level 25-> an attack ability per weapon type over level 25
    a defensive ability/buff for armor line over level 25

some other interesting abilities werewolves could get would be the ability to scale keep/tower walls as if a siege ladder was there (interact with wall in ww form, climb over/up to next level)

make transformation require that amount of ultimate, but drain it slowly and let feral pounce generate enough ultimate to equal 1 second, repurpose devour into either a single target cc/suppress that does damage as an active skill, or make it generate ultimate proportionate to the amount of time it would give in its current form.

or

An 8-trait item set that give you extra abilities in werewolf form
    3 pieces 1 additional ability
    5 pieces 2 additional abilities
    7 pieces 3 additional abilities

OR

Quest: Returning to Hircines Grove
    (same instance there already is, with different mobs/quest objectives)
    You (ZOS) could just make 3 "hircines trials" quests that each of those enemies you defeat gives you a different ability; the troll would give you an ability to regenerate health, the snake would give you a flurry/attack speed boost ability(or poison dot) and the mammoth could give you a charge that breaks cc and stuns the target. If this was the case, later on to "morph" the abilities, you could return them to the grove with 2 different variations of each boss, defeating one gives you a morph specific to the Boss creature you chose. This way the abilities could "level up" without actually being added to the skill lines. Devouring them with your pack could give you their "trait/ability" as your own.

I apologize for the wall of text... I got on a rant again.....
  • Cyrdemaceb17_ESO
    Cyrdemaceb17_ESO
    ✭✭✭
    ZEN got tons of ideas for WW already. But they don't tell us, what they plan to change, until its ready and almost on PTS, wich is ok for me.

BUT not telling us, what they plan AND announcing they MAY change some things for WW, where it is well known, that WW is vastly underperforming is just a slap in the face of every dedicated WW player.

Sorry, I don't want to rant. I am just really disappointed with their lack of communication or enthusiasm to equal the two curses.

Every day when I got owned by another vamp-ability in Cyrodiil, I am being forced to remember that my WW is actually just a fluffy illusion...and could have been something cool and useful.
    Not OP, just a cool addition of skills instead of an additional burden and increased death chance or 40 seconds.
  • luzpteb17_ESO
    Someone in the forums said Zeni talk about WWs during the ESO tournament. More skills, bigger timer and less Ulti cost.
    Would be nice to have some confirmation....
  • Cyrdemaceb17_ESO
    Cyrdemaceb17_ESO
    ✭✭✭
    Someone in the forums said Zeni talk about WWs during the ESO tournament. More skills, bigger timer and less Ulti cost.
    Would be nice to have some confirmation....

I wrote a very short summary of Quakon here http://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/discussion/88805/fix-the-werewolf#latest
  • LtAscott
    LtAscott
    ✭✭
    hopefully its along the lines of +100% regen +50% dmg and +100% resource pools. vamps got to dominate, let us till the overhaul (and 50% chance to ignore cc or cc immunity while sprinting).

Will everyone in PvP go WW? probably, and it will be pretty damn awesome to see, even if it is only for a patch. or gets nerfed the next day/week.
    Edited by LtAscott on July 19, 2014 5:59AM
  • Tendeep
    Tendeep
    ✭✭✭
    Sure... it was "noted" at Quakecon, but honestly, I can not even describe how sad I am to see Update 4 coming, with more crap filler, no fix to WW, Vamp still OP and the only way to go, etc.

Glad I canceled ages ago, ZOS cant deliver lol
  • Cyrdemaceb17_ESO
    Cyrdemaceb17_ESO
    ✭✭✭
    First updates for WW should be coming very soon, according to Quakecon. But what very soon stands for, I have no idea.