The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• [COMPLETE] PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

possible sword and board ultimate idea?

bovardjeff_ESO
bovardjeff_ESO
✭✭✭
Since starting ESO I have loved being sword and shield as my main fighting style but i miss the fact that it has no ultimate :disappointed: so i thought about it and decided on a idea to fill out two wants of players. Make an shield ultimate that does an aoe effect taunt and damage in a radius around the tank. Also i thought it would be a good idea to give its morphs as either a on use heal based on targets hit or damage reduction etc.
i also had the idea for the ultimates damage type to change based on your 1h weapons enchantment. so fire shock ice etc even unresistable damage :) and being a tank skill the ultimate would do around the same damage as radial sweep. thanks for reading and please be kind with comments if you don't like it or wanna comment be constructive not just mean thanks.
  • Saltypretzels
    Saltypretzels
    ✭✭✭✭
    Here's a constructive comment: use capital letters and punctuation in your posts to improve legibility.
  • AlexDougherty
    AlexDougherty
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Make an shield ultimate that does an aoe effect taunt and damage in a radius around the tank. Also i thought it would be a good idea to give its morphs as either a on use heal based on targets hit or damage reduction etc.

This doesn't really fit with the theme of the skill line, which is all about attack (either with your weapon or your sheild). It would probably work better if the ultimate was an attack of some sort.

Maybe it could be that you send a ghost version of your sheild and weapon to attack from the other side, just floating in the air and attacking for you.
    People believe what they either want to be true or what they are afraid is true!
    Wizard's first rule
    Passion rules reason
    Wizard's third rule
    Mind what people Do, not what they say, for actions betray a lie.
    Wizard's fifth rule
    Willfully turning aside from the truth is treason to one's self
    Wizard's tenth rule
  • bovardjeff_ESO
    bovardjeff_ESO
    ✭✭✭
    Hmm i actually like the ghost weapons idea however, I did state that the ultimate would be an attack but it would pull aggro as well while doing a smallish amount of damage in a area of effect.
  • bovardjeff_ESO
    bovardjeff_ESO
    ✭✭✭
    Also while the sword and shield skill line is mostly attack it is a more defensive skill line. After all its the only skill line outside undaunted with a taunt :expressionless: Adding a ultimate taunt would work well in my opinion.
  • bovardjeff_ESO
    bovardjeff_ESO
    ✭✭✭
    Oh and no spelling ***'s please thanks :smile:
  • l1ntzpcub17_ESO
    l1ntzpcub17_ESO
    Soul Shriven
    Here's a constructive comment: use capital letters and punctuation in your posts to improve legibility.

You forgot to capitalize after your colon.

Otherwise, my thought is that this is a pretty cool idea. The ghost weapons sounds cool too, but I see that as more of a dual-wield ultimate. I don't see a floating shield looking as sweet as two weapons, whatever the combination may be.