The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• [COMPLETE] PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Medium Armour Nightblade Build Since Patch

Tigeracer
Tigeracer
✭✭✭✭
Hi all!

I am wondering how I should set my nightblade Khajiit up since the patch.
Before the patch I was running 6 medium and 2 light. 3 seducer, 3 hundings rage and 3 song of lamae.

I would really like to run 7 medium, since it looks way cooler, but what do you guys think?
What traits should I have on my armour and what sets for both PVE and PVP?
  • killedbyping
    killedbyping
    ✭✭✭✭
    Medium armor and weapons are still only viable for 1 vs 1 gang with 2H or Bow ambush.
    If you not able to burst your enemy in 3 secs you probably die.
    Nothing really changed after patch 1.3.3
    Yes, there now much more gear for medium users and they are now able to get as much weapon crit as mages with inner light activated.
    However, weapon skills still scale very poorly. So do the ultimates which scale with weapon damage and stamina if you have it more then magicka and spell damage.
    Many of weapon skills still have their base damage even lower then your weapon damage and light attacks.
    Having around 200-300 additional stamina and around 30 additional weapon damage doesnt really improved any weapon damage output.
    Its just hilarious how much do class skills benefit from spell damage jewelry and how useless are weapon damage jewelry...

In end game PVE you now able to dish out around 800-1000 dps with DW thx to hight ammount of crit and low dw skill cost. This is much better then before, but still nowhere near compared to magicka builds even before patch and now they become even more powerfull, because mage gear also got buffed.
    Bow and 2H still useless in end game PVE.

Also there are still big issue with surviveability in end game PVE with medium gear. Most if not all of the most damaging bossess attacks do Spell damage. And with medium gear you suffer much more damage from it because of poor spell resist.
    Edited by killedbyping on August 7, 2014 8:19AM
  • CapuchinSeven
    CapuchinSeven
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    If you not able to burst your enemy in 3 secs you probably die.

I run 7 medium, I did it for kicks and I have so many dodge rolls with the cost reduction and never ending NB stamina regen that my survivability is through the roof next to my magic build.

You're right though, the build is mostly about getting my kill in early, if you don't you need to fall back and try again because your strength is in your early bursts.
  • Tigeracer
    Tigeracer
    ✭✭✭✭
    So you think 7 medium with magicka glyphs then?
    What about armour sets, for PVP and PVE?
  • Stx
    Stx
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I am using 7 Medium with 2 hander and sword shield. I use 5 Hundings Rage and 3 Ashen grip. Due to all the weapon damage from set bonuses, i can reach the new softcap easily, even without ring enchants, so I used two spell resist enchants and one armor enchant on my jewelry.

So I am sitting at(with blue food) 3300 HP, 2000 stamina, 1600 magicka, 43% weapon crit, 196 weapon damage, 1800 armor, 2300 spell resist.

My 2 hand bar is executioner, stampede, dizzying swing, siphoning strikes, and aspect of terror(I have found fear to be better for survival compared to stealth).

My sword and board bar is soul swallow, degeneration(15% chance on weapon attack to heal myself for 115% of the damage), pierce armor, deep slash, siphoning attacks.

I basically try to charge in and do damage, trying to keep my target rooted, knocked down or feared. If I take too much damage, I can try to get health back with sw/b skills and blocking.

Im not sure if this build is even that good, but Im doing okay so far... just havent fought any good players really. It is really fun in PvE though... I cant solo anchors like I used to with my magicka build, but I can still take down world bosses easily enough.
  • rwelshmub17_ESO
    rwelshmub17_ESO
    ✭✭✭
    I actually just took advantage of the respec and juggled what was first a heavy stamina build with all medium armour to all medium with 3 light. I use Bow and DW with a lot more use of siphoning and shadow, same amount of assassination and maxed out all the passives. My initial attacks are more effective, dodge and roll still seems to be ok. I can take up to 3 in a mob but one misstep I'm still dead. Basically hit the caster archer if there is one from sneak with bow or snipe then poison arrow on the same, hit the two attacking with scatter shot switch to DW to finish. Like I said I hit lag or wrong key then I'm either hitting my ult, shadow, then running for my life
  • Cody
    Cody
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    I use the nights silence set, the extra sneak speed helps a lot. If you jump someone, and they self heal to full health, just run. you will not survive a full on fight, unless you are just REALLY good.
  • aco5712
    aco5712
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Use 7 medium, run cap magicka, use stygian set and full spell damage rings. Ambush, concealed weapon, dark cloak and that's your entire build. 1.3k from stealth ambush, 1.1k conc wep critical follow up and use other abilities if you want but I just use conc wep spam
    Banned for Naming and Shaming exploiters. Great ideology ZOS.
    #FreeLeo

Main: Vir Cor | Dragonknight
    Alt: Leo Cor | Nightblade
    Alt: Leonidas Cor | Templar

Guild: K-Hole
    Youtube: CorESO
    DK PvP Tank/DPS Hybrid Build (2.1+): Cor Leonis
  • Tigeracer
    Tigeracer
    ✭✭✭✭
    @aco5712‌ how do you get to the magicka cap running 7 medium armour?
  • aco5712
    aco5712
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @Tigeracer

im vr12. 49 in magicka. 3 magicka rings with gold spell dmg rings. magicka food. gives me 2.2k. And then you can run 2 magicka glyphs on your big armour pieces. and bam you get capped magicka.

I dont run the 2 magicka on my armour, but stygian set gives you 20% dmg from stealth with spells but the way stygian works atm, it gives you 20% more magicka and 20% more spell dmg so i end up in stealth with ~2.5k magicka and 157 spell dmg for my first attack. 2.2k magicka and 137 spell dmg with all the others.

Also a nice combo and basically a guarenteed 2 shot if you crit is Ambush + Incap strike/Soul harvest (when its charged up). With all your wep crit and maybe a wep crit pot you can get a crit on a full charged soul harvest which ends up hitting for 2k+. Its a very powerful combo.
    Edited by aco5712 on August 8, 2014 12:22AM
    Banned for Naming and Shaming exploiters. Great ideology ZOS.
    #FreeLeo

Main: Vir Cor | Dragonknight
    Alt: Leo Cor | Nightblade
    Alt: Leonidas Cor | Templar

Guild: K-Hole
    Youtube: CorESO
    DK PvP Tank/DPS Hybrid Build (2.1+): Cor Leonis
  • kijima
    kijima
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    NookyZooky wrote: »
    I use the nights silence set, the extra sneak speed helps a lot. If you jump someone, and they self heal to full health, just run. you will not survive a full on fight, unless you are just REALLY good.

Same. ^
    Been here since Feb 2014 - You'd think I'd be half reasonable at this game by now...

A'marta - AD Sorc Tank
    Kijima - AD DK Derps
    Annure - AD NB Derps
    Boom Crash Opera - AD Sorc DPS

• reften
    reften
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    aco5712 wrote: »
    Use 7 medium, run cap magicka, use stygian set and full spell damage rings. Ambush, concealed weapon, dark cloak and that's your entire build. 1.3k from stealth ambush, 1.1k conc wep critical follow up and use other abilities if you want but I just use conc wep spam

yup...
    Reften
    Bosmer (Wood Elf)
    Moonlight Crew (RIP), Misfitz (RIP), Victorem Guild

VR16 NB, Stam build, Max all crafts.

Azuras & Trueflame. Mostly PvP, No alts.

Semi-retired till the lag is fixed.

Love the Packers, Bourbon, and ESO...one of those will eventually kill me.
  • jelliedsoup
    jelliedsoup
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    NookyZooky wrote: »
    Or much higher in level.
    www.youtube.com/watch?feature=youtu.be&v=Ks8_KGHqmO4
  • Tigeracer
    Tigeracer
    ✭✭✭✭
    Thanks heaps guys, really appreciate the feedback.
  • CapuchinSeven
    CapuchinSeven
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Tigeracer wrote: »
    @aco5712‌ how do you get to the magicka cap running 7 medium armour?

..?

Armour makes no difference to your magicka amount, you can easily hit a cap in any type of armour. All you're getting from light armour is better magicka regen and lower spell costs.

I'm jumping around all over the place with builds right now, last night I made myself a NB melee magic build (have been stamina for sometime and magic before that), it's mostly medium armour with 2000 magic and 3000 health. I keep my spell costs down and regen up with armour sets like Seducer and Warlock, throwing in a 2 set of Hundings daggers for the extra critical.

The new armour sets are great, in mostly medium armour I can still get light armour like spell costs adn regen with medium armour like crit chance.
  • CapuchinSeven
    CapuchinSeven
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    aco5712 wrote: »
    @Tigeracer

im vr12. 49 in magicka. 3 magicka rings with gold spell dmg rings. magicka food. gives me 2.2k. And then you can run 2 magicka glyphs on your big armour pieces. and bam you get capped magicka.

I dont run the 2 magicka on my armour, but stygian set gives you 20% dmg from stealth with spells but the way stygian works atm, it gives you 20% more magicka and 20% more spell dmg so i end up in stealth with ~2.5k magicka and 157 spell dmg for my first attack. 2.2k magicka and 137 spell dmg with all the others.

Also a nice combo and basically a guarenteed 2 shot if you crit is Ambush + Incap strike/Soul harvest (when its charged up). With all your wep crit and maybe a wep crit pot you can get a crit on a full charged soul harvest which ends up hitting for 2k+. Its a very powerful combo.

Interesting set, how do you find your normal 2.2k magicka? I sit at 2k with 3k health and I've been wondering about bringing down my health for the extra magic.
  • kijima
    kijima
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I wouldn't bring down health, not now with people being heavier hitters.

With bow equipped in stealth my bow damage is 187 and my DW daggers are +8 over soft cap, that's without putting on Hundigs Rage :D

3000 health is where you need to be in PvP if you don't like dying.
    Been here since Feb 2014 - You'd think I'd be half reasonable at this game by now...

A'marta - AD Sorc Tank
    Kijima - AD DK Derps
    Annure - AD NB Derps
    Boom Crash Opera - AD Sorc DPS

• Shizashane
    Shizashane
    ✭✭✭
    I also run a straight 7 med armor build so I have decent protection without hunkering down my speed. Evasion is great for when your getting jumped. plus I also find focusing on one armor leaves you room for other things. And full sets look amazing :smiley:
    "Sound the charge, into glory ride! 10,000 side by side"
  • tbrocato
    tbrocato
    ✭✭
    I use to run a hybrid style setup with 5 medium / 2 light - split between magicka / stamina. After 1.3.3 I went with 7 medium and 5 Hunding's Rage / 4 Ashen Grip. I decided to to push stamina hard until cap is hit and then use +magicka / +magicka regen on jewerly. I basically now use ambush / concealed weapon as opener only and main dps attack is flying blade. This stamina base setup scales much better with the bow now.
  • Tigeracer
    Tigeracer
    ✭✭✭✭
    Are any of you guys able to perform well in trials? I haven't done any before and would hate to have to be like every other dress wearing broom waver.