The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• [COMPLETE] Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• [COMPLETE] PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Newest healing Templar setup

Tatuaje
Tatuaje
✭✭
Ok, after many patches and missed placed skill points, I am looking for some recent builds for a healing Templar. I feel like I am doing "OK", but would like to see what others are using for the V 4 man runs. Thanks.
  • Murmeltier
    Murmeltier
    ✭✭✭✭
    Hi,

my Templer uses two Restoration Staffs, one for DPS and one for Grouphealing. The Armor is 7/7 Light and i wear Magicka Cost reduce Jewels. My Mana/Mana Reg/Mana Resistance is Softcapped and all my Attributes are in Health . You need all the Mana you can get. The Health help my Templer to survive and fits very well for the DPS he can do with Heatshield for Solo-Leveling.

Restoration Staff -I-

1. Combat Prayer (Morph +% Damage), a very good Spell that helps to Buff the Group.

2. Rushed Ceremony (Morph heals two other Members too), this Spell is Miles better then the other Morph that saves Mana. Use it with Puryfying Ritual to get the passive Bonus. The Numbers for this against the other Morph are often explained in the Forum, Rushed is the better Morph and i hope they never tuned it down because it is a Templer special Skill.

3. Purifying Ritual, this Spell is the Base to get the passive Bonus a Templer has. It dispells some negative Effects and gives other Players the Chance to do the same. The Radius is ok too. This Spell is with Rushed Ceremony the Backbone of this Setup. Only a Templer has this damn good passive Skills, you activate some of them with Purifying Ritual or Rune Circle.

4. Spell Symetrie (Morph from the Magic Guild). One of the few Skills that helps to get some Mana back. The Problem is in Vet-Dungeons that it is dangerous to cast this Spell because it cost TP and the Mobs could hit really hard. If you use the Spell you couldn`t heal yourself for 4s. Timing here is important.

5. Here i use a denfensive Spell like Immovable or Blinding Flashes (Morph with higher Duration). Some say with a good Group you don`t need a defensive Skill but that is Theory, in Practise you have always some Trashmobs who try to beat the Wool out of your Head, behind you. A dead Healer = no Heals.

With only 5 Slots you don`t have much Place to use other Skills. Rushed Ceremony/Purifying Ritual/Combat Prayer/+1 Defensive Skill, leaves only one Place for a Buff/Heal Spell that you can use free. Magelight is a good Option too.

Sure you can use a second Bar too with some other Spells but for what? With this Skills above you use the Passives from Templar, have the best Healing Spell at the Bar and offers the Group some good Buffs.

The Key is to use the Heavy Attack from the Restoration Staff, so you can recover some Magicka. I use Enchantments that do Damage and recover some Magicka too, on the Staff. It works for me, without a Restoration Staff you go faster oom than than you can spell *LEAVE THE RED CIRCLEs, DAMN*^^.

This is my Setup and it works for me. But in Vet-Dungeons Players will die, depends not only on your Setup then more how the Player knows the Tactics and playing together. A good Healer isn`t a bad one if someone dies because he can`t have the Tons of Mana that he needs to counter a bad Groupplay.

MFG Murmeltier.
    Edited by Murmeltier on July 9, 2014 7:38AM
  • Tatuaje
    Tatuaje
    ✭✭
    Thanks for the reply, I am very similar in a lot of ways, but there are a few skills you mentioned I will look at. I tend to think my way into a box at times and like to hear new ideas or thoughts on skills.

Vet dungeons are my main concern ATM. Seems like there is always 1 of the 6 bosses that is a huge block for us. Tends to be what we call the straight massive DPS boss. We are currently bringing tank, NB, and 2 Temps..... Not a ton of DPS (so much for bring and play what you want). I would prefer the traditional trinity for grouping, but adapting as we can.
  • Murmeltier
    Murmeltier
    ✭✭✭✭
    I know that my Setup doesn`t sounds spectacular but the 5 Slots in your Bar blocks the Option you can choose.

The Passives that your Templer have, are too important that you can`t use them. Rushed Ceremony is one of the best Healingspells Ingame and it needs the Synergie from the Passives.

Puryfing Ritual is the only Dispell you have and offers the Group to heal and dispell themselve. P.R. offers with his AOE the Synergie to the Passives too.

Mana is a big Problem and the Defensive too, so you see the Bar is full. The Restoration Staffskills are nice if you aren`t a Templer but if you are one, you have better Spells except Combat Prayer.

Mutagen and Rapid Regeneration aren`t very helpfull if the Mobs hits you with 1-2K (or more) Damage in the Vet_Dungeons. You overwrite them with other Healingskills too often and they block a Slot in the Skillbar.

Magelight can offer you with the % Crit Morph about 17% or more Critchance and helps healing too. With the passives from the Templer you can reach much Crit % for Healing.

I used Blinding Flashes alot, it has a 7.2s Duration and pulses every 2s. It can help against Trashmobs but they hit really hard and fast, so you can`t stay to Long with this against them.

You should try it against same Level Mobs to get a Feeling. It is a very good Skill. The other Morph with the +Damage isn`t very helpfull and cost too much Mana for Nuking.

Combat Prayer buffs the Armor/Magic Resistance and gives a 10%+ Damage Bonus. It heals too but thats only a nice Bonus. One of the best Spells the Restoration Staff can offer for a Templer.

Spellsymetrie ( Äquillibrium Morph) works great with the passive Skills from the Mageguild but remember, use it at the false Moment and you are dead.

Some of the intersting Spells a Templer have, is Eclipse (Spellreflection) and the Spell that lights up the Target and adds +% of the Damage the Group have done at the Target, idk the Name in English.

Both are Special but can help to kill the Boss faster or help in certain Situations. But remember, you have only 5 Slots per Bar and you don`t have the Time and Mana to use all 10 Slots.

Only an Idea, you asked for other Impressions. How about this, don`t look to intensive at the Skills because you know them and theirs no *Magic* behind them.

The really important is the Teamplay and the Tactics at the Bosses. Remember to Fungal Grotto, if you doesn`t know that you have to stay away from the Shadows at the Boss or destroy the Chains (1 Mob) if you pinned down, you will die after some Hits or the Healer is OOM, because he can`t heal that Damage over a long Time.

If the other Players understand this Mechanics and plays right, the Healer hasn`t heal Tons of Damage over a long Time. And if you know all the Tactics, it doesn`t prevents you from dying because it is Teso, you can`t reach the Perfection every Healer tries to reach to Support the Group without other Players dying. In Teso the Mobs hits to hard and if you are unlucky it Crits in the false Moment and the Group wipes.

The better Option in my Sight is to have a Look to the Group and inform them how the Bosses work. The Groupsetup is important too, right. If you can get some CC like Encase from the Mage or the CCs from a Dragonknight it could help alot against massive Trashmobs. A Healer can`t heal the Damage that incomming if a Player trys to tank without blocking or a DD that means to kill every Trash with single Targetspells and the Rest of the Mobs trys to kill the Healer.

The other Player have to use Potions/Synergies and some Defensive Skills or CCs. AOEs are important too, the Groupmembers need to think about their Setup they offer for the Group and don`t use only Spells because they look cool.I think your Team knows that.

Teamplay is the Key and i don`t know another MMORPG who is so deadly if it isn`t work.

I know, you know the most of this but i can`t stop me to say this again and again. Now i let my Tears dry and calm down and i hope you can read something in there, that can help you to survive or decide :) .

P.S: I stop this Wall of Text, see that after i wrote this and i think the bad Weather makes me depressive, so i wrote alot :p .

MFG Murmeltier.
    Edited by Murmeltier on July 9, 2014 3:42PM
  • Murmeltier
    Murmeltier
    ✭✭✭✭
    Tatuaje wrote: »
    Thanks for the reply, I am very similar in a lot of ways, but there are a few skills you mentioned I will look at. I tend to think my way into a box at times and like to hear new ideas or thoughts on skills.

Vet dungeons are my main concern ATM. Seems like there is always 1 of the 6 bosses that is a huge block for us. Tends to be what we call the straight massive DPS boss. We are currently bringing tank, NB, and 2 Temps..... Not a ton of DPS (so much for bring and play what you want). I would prefer the traditional trinity for grouping, but adapting as we can.

Ah, i have forgotten this. It is only an Idea, some Players told me that Caltdrops a CC from PvP works in PvE too. I don`t know much about this Spell but maybe you can try to use this for a CC against Trashmobs.

It is only an Idea, maybe i missunderstood the Work from this Spell but you can`t loose anything if you a have a look to it. Maybe it fits in your Ideas and you like it.
    Edited by Murmeltier on July 9, 2014 3:36PM
  • Tatuaje
    Tatuaje
    ✭✭
    Lots to play with for the next few days. I have forgone the Sanctuary set (VR1) for a setup of Warlock bling, Natures Mother Gaze (x5), and Willow's Path (x3). Crit chance sits at 48% IIRC with Mage Light turned on. Using the Ritual Mundas.

At VR6 I feel like I needed to try some new setups. DPS is now rocking, hopefully the heals will be critting as well.

We are fairly experienced MMO group, TESO is just really different and requires a new approach to healing and the massive hits (I really hate Clamfears at 2.5k a hit). My top heal IIRC is ~780, a drop in the bucket compared the Big Rabbu or Nightmares.
  • dylanjaygrobbelaarb16_ESO
    dylanjaygrobbelaarb16_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I use 7 light. 2 lower spell cost jewelry ( other is warlock) 2 restore staff
    My set up will vary for PvP/ trials/ pve dungeons. But u asked for 4 man.
    Bar one:barrier ( ult)
    healing springs
    Lingering ritual
    Combat prayer
    Inner light
    Breath of life
    Bar 2: nova or heal ult depending
    Healing spring
    rapid regen
    Spell symmetry
    Inner light
    Breath of life
    I'll love playing DPs but don't like to do any during dedicated heal it draws too much attention. I keep lingering ritual under group and rapid regen up all the time so you can mostly be fine buffing with prayer and using springs, but get insane 70%+ crit chance and + 30% heal with low health guys on top or ritual when u use breath. Also using spell sym right before breath makes it almost free and helps you keep a strong magics pool if u utalize it any time you don't have threat.
    I have had very high success with this build, unless we have a guy that is not dodging and interrupting.
  • Tatuaje
    Tatuaje
    ✭✭
    Tks, sounds pretty close to what I am doing. After a complete review of my traits, glyphs, armor and bling at VR7, I made a few changes. Now have my spell crit up to 50.5%. DPS is flat rocking (complete reload of skills based on the crit factor), smurf juice is no longer much of a concern and the heals are getting pretty awesome (at least for this game).

In the end I am finding this game to be almost stupidly unforgiving with the 2K and 3K hits. Seems the Devs cannot come up with good mechanics so their fallback is major hits. As a side note, we had a member notice that when he did not double click to roll out of a boss red zone attack, it would still hit him. Our tank volunteered to test this and it proved true 3 times in a row (would have tested more but the repair bill and wipes were getting old). If he ran out of the red, he still took the full hit even if he was no longer in the circle (and we could see he was no where near the red circle), if he dodged/rolled out, the attack missed. I would call this BS and poor game design. What diff does it make how you get out of the AoE as long as you get out. With this knowledge we are not having as many deaths or requiring the major heals.
  • audabon2013
    audabon2013
    ✭✭
    As you get higher in level, you may realize like many of us did that resto healing skills are better.

Rapid regen
    healing springs
    magelight
    energy siphon (boss)

situational:
    combat prayer
    breath of life
    extended ritual

slow casting templar heals just dont translate as well.

game is so easy u can heal with anything though, so you could use anything really.
  • Pmarsico9
    Pmarsico9
    ✭✭✭✭
    5 Piece Seducer + 5 Piece Warlock in full light armor = heal forever.

Channeled Focus is underrated.
    Edited by Pmarsico9 on August 6, 2014 8:17PM
  • Lynx7386
    Lynx7386
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    As you get higher in level, you may realize like many of us did that resto healing skills are better.

Rapid regen
    healing springs
    magelight
    energy siphon (boss)

situational:
    combat prayer
    breath of life
    extended ritual

slow casting templar heals just dont translate as well.

game is so easy u can heal with anything though, so you could use anything really.

Personally I find healing infinitely easier with breath of life as a burst heal for those bad situations. So much so that I have trouble healing as any other class now.
    PS4 / NA
    M'asad - Khajiit Nightblade - Healer
    Pakhet - Khajiit Dragonknight - Tank
    Raksha - Khajiit Sorcerer - Stamina DPS
    Bastet - Khajiit Templar - Healer
    Leonin - Khajiit Warden - Tank
  • dylanjaygrobbelaarb16_ESO
    dylanjaygrobbelaarb16_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭

In the end I am finding this game to be almost stupidly unforgiving with the 2K and 3K hits. Seems the Devs cannot come up with good mechanics so their fallback is major hits. As a side note, we had a member notice that when he did not double click to roll out of a boss red zone attack, it would still hit him. Our tank volunteered to test this and it proved true 3 times in a row (would have tested more but the repair bill and wipes were getting old). If he ran out of the red, he still took the full hit even if he was no longer in the circle (and we could see he was no where near the red circle), if he dodged/rolled out, the attack missed. I would call this BS and poor game design. What diff does it make how you get out of the AoE as long as you get out. With this knowledge we are not having as many deaths or requiring the major heals.[/quote]

Just think of it this way, its irrelevant if you can walk out of red, if you are in red that is a que that you Will be hit, not a que for aoe perimeter. That is how this game works.